[HELP] XOLO X900 IMEI BLANK

Guest Zardaman

Guest Zardaman

Pliz help me fix blank IMEI on my xolo x900 runnin gon Xolo ICS 4.0.4 299Mb. Baseband also shows Unknown.  I have searched throughout the forum and did not come across a solution for my problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AK

Edited by Zardaman

Guest BlueMoonRising

Have you tried a reboot? If so you may need to reflash the Xolo 299MB rom. Since you've not updated it's a quick and painless method, just put the rom on the root of your phones USB storage and use recovery.

Guest Zardaman

Have you tried a reboot? If so you may need to reflash the Xolo 299MB rom. Since you've not updated it's a quick and painless method, just put the rom on the root of your phones USB storage and use recovery.

Thanks for the reply, I've already flash Xolo 299MB rom twice, Xolo 348Mb rom and Xolo 337MB rom but none of them solve the issue. I'm currently on Xolo 299MB rom and rooted. Is there any way to manually edit imei file on the system? Thanks

Guest BlueMoonRising

Thanks for the reply, I've already flash Xolo 299MB rom twice, Xolo 348Mb rom and Xolo 337MB rom but none of them solve the issue. I'm currently on Xolo 299MB rom and rooted. Is there any way to manually edit imei file on the system? Thanks

There's no way to manually edit the imei as far as I know. If you've flashed the Xolo 348MB rom and Xolo 337MB rom how did you get back to the 299MB version?

The only other thing to try is to call your carrier (whoever you pay for your service) and ask them to update their database, it has helped at least temporarily in the past.

Guest Zardaman

There's no way to manually edit the imei as far as I know. If you've flashed the Xolo 348MB rom and Xolo 337MB rom how did you get back to the 299MB version?

The only other thing to try is to call your carrier (whoever you pay for your service) and ask them to update their database, it has helped at least temporarily in the past.

on 348 and 337Mb rom, i can not root the device so i flash the 299Mb rom using AIO SANDIEGO TOOLS by copying the update.zip over to xolo folder and flashing from the tool. i couldnt recall the exact option name since i'm nowhere near my pc at the moment. thanks a lot for the tip though. i'll try for it

Guest Hasan217

on 348 and 337Mb rom, i can not root the device so i flash the 299Mb rom using AIO SANDIEGO TOOLS by copying the update.zip over to xolo folder and flashing from the tool. i couldnt recall the exact option name since i'm nowhere near my pc at the moment. thanks a lot for the tip though. i'll try for it

It's A hardware problem as far as I know. It happens to me too. The imei goes blank and so does the network. But it happens only when the phone becomes hot. And when that happens the phone starts sucking battery faster. When the network goes blank the phone keeps scanning for network in the background sucking a lot of battery. It doesn't stop scanning even when its on airplane mode.

Guest Zardaman

It's A hardware problem as far as I know. It happens to me too. The imei goes blank and so does the network. But it happens only when the phone becomes hot. And when that happens the phone starts sucking battery faster. When the network goes blank the phone keeps scanning for network in the background sucking a lot of battery. It doesn't stop scanning even when its on airplane mode.

Thanks Hasan, so this means i would have to go for hardware replacement?

Guest Zardaman

also, if this is of any help.

strings radio_firmware.bin | grep flash

shows this

1|shell@android:/system/etc/firmware/modem # strings radio_firmware.bin | grep f
lash
mware.bin | grep flash                                                        <
Committed to NVM flash...
Failed to set startup mode to %s%s%s (%d) in flash
Failed to read startup mode in flash
Failed to set startup mode to %s%s%s (%d) in flash
Failed to read startup mode in flash
`Error reading IMEI and signature from flash
`Error reading lock_id %d from flash
`Error cannot read GLOB_DATA_MASTERCTRL from flash
`Cannot write GLOB_DATA_MASTERCTRL to flash
Error reading the system test ticket from flash
Error reading the bootcore ticket from flash
Error reading the security module ticket from flash
Performing validation of flash
Error validating flash content
`Error reading MID certificate from flash
Error writing imei to otp flash
sec_opcode_flashio_data
Error reading data from flash
Error: Cannot read HW details from flash
Enter: func_ata_flash_io
Exit: func_ata_flash_io
\Yap[YaError reading encrypted lock data from flash
`Error reading simlock signature from flash
`Error reading IMEI and signature from flash
Error reading encrypted lock data from flash
Error reading encrypted lock data from flash
`Error reading ticket id 0x%08x data from flash
Storing ticket in flash
`Error reading RnD certificate from flash
`Error reading the master control profile from flash
Error storing master control profile to flash
Error writing to flash
Enter: func_fetch_imei_from_flash
Error reading encrypted IMEI from flash
Exit: func_fetch_imei_from_flash
Error reading the ticket from flash
 maybe no CDS_IF build or not flashed
../../mhw_drv_src/power_control/ebu/src/xgold626/ebu_flash.c
Verify if CDS image is flashed
used_flash
used_eeflash
Writes the startup mode to flash.
Reads the startup mode from flash.
Commit registry values to flash.
Writes the startup pmode to flash.
Reads the startup pmode from flash.
flash_io
psi_flash_signed.fls
Edited by Zardaman

Guest Hasan217

Thanks Hasan, so this means i would have to go for hardware replacement?

I went to a service centre with this problem. They were reluctant on repairing the device. They were infact telling me to change the entire PCB. The price they quoted was about Rs. 5200. I was a bit shocked. I took my phone back n decided to use another old phone for calling n sms. Now I use x900 as a wifi only phone for WhatsApp, Gaming etc. Will move on to buy a new phone.

Guest Zardaman

I went to a service centre with this problem. They were reluctant on repairing the device. They were infact telling me to change the entire PCB. The price they quoted was about Rs. 5200. I was a bit shocked. I took my phone back n decided to use another old phone for calling n sms. Now I use x900 as a wifi only phone for WhatsApp, Gaming etc. Will move on to buy a new phone.

I guess we are on the same boat now. :( anyway, thanks a lot for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest k42930

Use X-privacy can give your software (eg phone.apk) provides an IMEI and make it appear in * # 06 # and settings and * # * # 4636 # * # * on, I do not know whether there will be used

Google Translate

Guest BlueMoonRising

Use X-privacy can give your software (eg phone.apk) provides an IMEI and make it appear in * # 06 # and settings and * # * # 4636 # * # * on, I do not know whether there will be used

Google Translate

Xprivacy just passes on fake info to apps that requests it, it won't solve a hardware problem caused by overheating.

Guest Zardaman

Xprivacy just passes on fake info to apps that requests it, it won't solve a hardware problem caused by overheating.

You're right. It didn't work out. Anyway thanks to  k42930 for your time.

I already went to the service centre and i got the same response as Hasan217 pointed out. The told me that it would cost 7500 INR. so better to get another device. :(

Edited by Zardaman