New Game : Smartris Alpha 0.2 -> 0.6 Updated 02/03/2003

Guest Cent

I am happy to announce Smartris ... see

http://spv.tritontools.com

Release: Alpha 0.6 Updated 02/03/2003 17:13

If you feel bored and have an uncertified phone then help us through the alpha and beta Tests :)

smartris1.jpgsmartris2.jpgsmartris3.jpg

smartris4.jpgsmartris9.jpgsmartris6.jpg

Download here

Keys :

Action Button for DROP

Up for ROTATE (clockwise now ;) )

Down for FAST DOWN

Left for MOVE LEFT

Right for MOVE RIGHT

Left & Right Menu Key PAUSES the game

# Key toggles looks of the Tetris Tiles during the game

Speed:

Selectable from Menu before Game starts.

Installation:

Problem with installation to phone & storage card is fixed

Last release 02/03/2003

- added Sound Effects

- added ability to toggle between 7 different tetris looks

- credit screen completed

- option screen started - Sound can be toggled

- numerous bugfixes

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Wonderful!! Here are my constructive comments:

- Rotate pieces clockwise (kinda standard?)

- When pressed 'down' piece falls quicker(!) not immediately (like in Tetris DX on gameboyemulator)

- No background option. Extra 'more relaxed' backgrounds

- Dim colors to allow for longer playing - eyes do get irritated (especially bright green/red/yellow)

- Resume even after exit. Imagine, almost at the magic 7-digit number and the call comes in, you: a) answer call, :) set record hehehe

Erm. Guess enough for now. If you are looking for extra ideas try Tetris for Smartphone 2002 and Tetris DX on GBCEMU. I very much like ur idea though and the full screen - magic. Just another few alphas... well done so far!

Guest SlartyBartfast

Great game !! best looking tetris on my phone yet !! I do agree with one of the above comments whereby the pieces should fall more quickly when the down button is pressed rather than instantly appearing in place.

Great job, looking forward to the next release with baited breath !!

I must agree with madukrainian that the pieces should rotate clockwise. Otherwise no bugs so far.

I agree with both of you. Turned it around. Will be fixed for the next update. Keep them coming :)

20/02/03 21:02

Update released.

Read Post 1 of this thread for more details. Thanks for the feedback !

where do I put this on phone to get it to work?

Thanks in advance,

Davy.

If you do not have explorer then do this :

- Put the cab file into the IPSMWindowsStart Menu Folder

- go onto the Programs Menu on the phone

- refresh the menu by going into the Microsoft Folder or any other Folder

- when you come back out u will see the entry for the cab file under the start menu

- run it ... it will now do the normal install stuff

- when its finished the cab file is removed automatically so dont worry about having to clean it up

Hope this helps ... Please remember your phone HAS to be uncertified for this game to install.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Right, just installed.

Comments:

- It looks awesome!

- I *think* I selected storage card install, and it went to phone anyway?

- Move shortcut to 'Games' folder?

- More logical control would be down to put piece down, action or up to rotate

- How about back to exit?

I love the look tho, amazing!

:)

P

Paul, FAST DOWN is good. Since you sometime wanna move piece to the side when at certain point, but DROP would make it impossible in 1/2 of those. And waiting for it to get there is well annoying. Say - give it same score if it is FAST DOWNed in 1 go without any sidemotion?

Guest HelloDave

I second that! With fast down you don't need a drop key at all really, and it is very annoying when you want to slot a piece sideways and have to wait for it to chug slowly down the screen... I would say action is logical for rotate but that's only because I play a lot of Tetris Smartphone! One thing though, please don't make down drop - I've lost count of the times i've hit down by accident when I meant to move sideways and it's very frustrating; at least with fast down you get a chance to realise your mistake!

Bet Paul's playing it with a Tanager! He's forgotten about the rest of us and our second-rate direction pads :wink:

Just installed - nice little game.

Like Paul I selected install to card and it went off and suck it on the phone anyway.

Had to move it and put the shortcut into Games manually - Bug?

Cant wait to see what you have in store in the next update!

Tony

... have not seen yet. fails to download from spv. cab opens as a webpage ...

I noticed that too. This is a certainly a bug with the phone (not the game) as it seems to do that to all .cab files. Unfortunatly I need a cab as there are 2 files part of the distro. I have a wild guess that there is a way to resolve that problem with contenttypes for IE in the registry somewhere. Will have to have a look sometime.

The new version (0.4) has now been released. Please see the first post of this thread for more details and the download.

Scheduled for the list of things to work on :

User selectable key configuration !! :) -> That should resolve the arguments. :wink:

Just installed Version 0.4.

Gets better all the time. Install routine spot on now, everything where it should be.

Nice one - whats in the pipeline for the future, other than high scores to be implemented etc?

Tony

Guest Paul [MVP]

I think the 'cab opening in IE' problem is server based... I find that they work fine if you are using a Windows server, but go awry if you are using a Linux server!

:)

P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awarner [MVP]

The new version is better and nice of you to add thanks to this site as well :)

the only gripe (sorry) is the sound when you complete a line, nice idea but it's a bit

loud can it be turned down a bit.

Keep up the good work

Ashley

very very nice. please accept my appreciation of what you and people like you do (yes all of you guys, quite some to quote though) :) - bring great soft to SPV (and even do that for free). I am sure many will join me on this one.