Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest dalyer

I know you have same problem :D

Just to clarify - did you do the OTA update before knowing that it caused problems with rooting?

And on the sdcard formatting issues - what is the worst that can happen if things go wrong? Brick the sdcard or brick the phone?!

Still waiting on my F1 from AliExpress/Eternal Team but it will probably take a while to arrive...

Ordered my replacement micro SIM just to be ready! I'll play with that for now... :D

Guest Robi4ok

Just to clarify - did you do the OTA update before knowing that it caused problems with rooting?

And on the sdcard formatting issues - what is the worst that can happen if things go wrong? Brick the sdcard or brick the phone?!

Still waiting on my F1 from AliExpress/Eternal Team but it will probably take a while to arrive...

Ordered my replacement micro SIM just to be ready! I'll play with that for now... :D

Of course i update it before knowing that it caused problems with rooting.

Guest dalyer

Of course i update it before knowing that it caused problems with rooting.

OK - I just wondered if some F1s were being delivered with 021 preinstalled...!

Guest Robi4ok

OK - I just wondered if some F1s were being delivered with 021 preinstalled...!

Even if your phone arrives with 021 hope in some days people find a way to root it. So don't worry :) 

Guest Maringer

Jonzalvo's warnings on that Spanish forum would seem to indicate bricking the phone. Not sure if this will be an issue with newer releases of the software, such as those found on the Chinese forums.

Who is really going to risk trying it out though?

Guest bryfly

ordered my second one via http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Coolpad-F1-mtk6592-octa-core-mobile-phone-android-4-2-os-5-0inch-IPS-HD/1619172497.html, on the 6th may, they gave me a tracking number on 9th may still no sign of it tracking, wonder if this is supplier or Singapore post......not surprisingly supplier blames Singapore post.

After pushing for a tracking number got one on the 9th that didn't track, yesterday contacted them and said I was not happy as the number did not track, then today 16th tracking number works but says.....2014-05-16 19:51, Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article) guess dadok is right about using tracking numbers without shipping, as 10 days after order placed they have shipped nothing apart from the number, guess this supplier is one to avoid in the future.

Guest Maringer

I can't recommend Shenzhen Matrix on Aliexpress highly enough. Good prompt communication (with good English), the DHL tracking number worked within 24 to 48 hours and delivery was fast. They've dropped the price by $6.00 since I ordered as well.

Free shipping by Singapore Post if you aren't in a hurry, or cheap DHL delivery. Of course, the issue then is it seems that you are more likely to get stung for VAT/Duty if you go for DHL.

I'd imagine the delay for Singaport Post might well be the same regardless of seller.

Guest dakok

I got used to it. 99% China phone sellers don't tell true about their stock. But it doesn't metter to me much now. Important thing is 

that they send what I paid for :). Few days sooner or later - who cares :)

This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt

This is OK, you will have a regular tracking data in few days.

@robi4ok

Problem with rooting is solved, in a way. You have to take a look at one of my previous posts. One should use

Flashtool and install english recovery only. Not the whole rom. Just the CWM recovery.

Then do the nandroid/CWM backup. Then you can flash other (rooted) rom with your CWM. 

Not very complicated, actualy. Trickiest part is a proper driver instalation.

For those who updated to 021 - you wouldn't have the problem if you made a cwm backup first :D

SD format inside phone -> brick - I am sure that it is a soft brick and it was solved by two members from spanish forums by flashing

the factory 015 rom thru Flashtools.

It is solvable, just needs a lot of patience...

Guest pletko

http://www.modaco.com/topic/371968-coolpad-f1-8297w/page-11

this one i guess... well i shut down my phone, click download, connect it and nothing happens. over and over again. any hints? i tried holding the power button while connecting but it just turns on and starts booting instead of flashing...

[rant]this flash tool always gives me grief, i really don't know how i managed to flash my inew v3 but somehow it happened. odin was way better and easier. [/rant]

can anyone help?

Guest pletko

i really lost count which drivers i've tried and which not... device manager shows coolpad 8297W as a portable device, coolpad android composite adb interface as an android phone. i guess this should be enough. and yeah, the battery was out...

should i take out the sims?

edit

took out the sims, no change

Edited by pletko

Guest pletko

nope, tried that one as well  ;)

just keeps rebooting... can anyone pls upload another recovery file? i'm starting to think i have the wrong one

Edited by pletko

Guest goodfella123

No idea if this is any help, but found this on another site:

"Check the drivers and try other version of SP Flash. Resolve it by reinstaling driver and using another build of sp flash."

Guest nayparm

Hi guys, got my F1 eventually yesterday. Crappy TNT had given it a bit of a tour of the worlds cities and put it up for a few nights at each one. Interestingly though apart from the tour, some of the delays where probably becase of the value put on it! $9 US lol more interesting though is I got it from en.jd.com and didnt ask them to mark it at a lower value.

Anyhow I rooted with latest chinese vroot, used the english cwm 6.0.3.0 backed it up and went for miui (been using that on sgs2 for last 18 months) Id already downloaded last weeks miui but the patch for the wcdma didnt work (no 3g on EE T-Mobile) nor another that was already patched for wcdma. On looking the modem files being used where a fair bit smaller than the ones on my stock 015 rom which worked perfect on 3g. Long story short I took last weeks F1 miui zip and copied the /etc/firmware folder from the 015 stock rom into the miui zip with 7zip overwriting all the files and then deleting the 2 extra TD-SCDMA files (you'll see which they are) flashed it and 3G is perfect :-) even did the miui OTA update to yesterdays miui and it worked perfectly too :-) . The firmware files those guys are using for Unicom obviously work fine on unicom just not for me on UK EE. This method should work to convert all the other roms to WCDMA.

Edited by nayparm

Guest Maringer

I notice that somebody has uploaded a MIUI ROM to the needrom site.

Not sure whether to try it myself as I find that even 4.2 with the Gravitybox mods plus Dashclock and Dash Notifier is pretty good. I did previously use MIUI on a different phone and really liked the messaging app and general integration so I might well give it a try. Good to hear it is working OK on the F1!

Guest dakok

It finally arrived home :).

Never seen GPS locking this fast. Under 3 seconds, behind the window, without network assistance. Looks better than my zte v987. Multilanguage with Google apps.

Hi nayparm!

Interesting stuff. Could you provide some more info and details regarding putting tdscdma ROMs on our wcdma phone?

Edited by dakok

Guest pletko

@dakok

pls report if you managed to root it. then update ota and come and get stuck with us trying to find a solution :)