Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest bryfly

I can`t have OTA?

Couldn't find update option anywhere in phone settings.

only update settings I can find is in settings>about phone>system updates. which says I am up to date on version 15

Guest pletko

i'm on v0.21 and it reports that the latest is 0.26

tempted to try it out... but i have a feeling that a root patch will be available for this version in a couple of days if i do that :)

Guest Robi4ok

only update settings I can find is in settings>about phone>system updates. which says I am up to date on version 15

I think it's a bug. I have 021 version on my phone and in system updates it shows that 021 is the last version.

Look at your desktop/Menu in apps there is a icon named wireless update. Check it. My Coolpad shows that 026 version is released :)

Edited by Robi4ok

Guest pletko

@robi4ok, are you gonna try updating and then rooting? just wanted to know so we both don't get stuck with the latest version if it sucks :)

Guest bryfly

Can't upload screenshot.

It's in desktop/ Wireless update/check update

Cannot find on mine which is running 015, maybe ota was introduced on a later version??

Guest Robi4ok

@robi4ok, are you gonna try updating and then rooting? just wanted to know so we both don't get stuck with the latest version if it sucks :)

Nooooooo :D I'll better wait for a while or try the way Dakok posted.

Funny, I don't have any of those options (wireless update / about phone>system updates) ???

Look at your desktop/Menu in apps there is a icon named wireless update. Check it. My Coolpad shows that 026 version is released

Guest Robi4ok

Cannot find on mine which is running 015, maybe ota was introduced on a later version??

How to upload a photo here? want to show you screenshot.

Guest pletko

upload it to some image hosting service and paste the link here. also, you have the "My media" option here in reply section

well here goes nothing... let's hope for the best. off to update my phone...

Guest nayparm

Just tested MIUI:

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-420493-1-1.html

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i3DnVed    pass:6v0w

Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip

It looks OK with one major fail: GPS doesn't work.

So I restored my original 015 build with nandroid backup made previously. :)

Used GPS several times on MIUI from http://en.miui.com/download-208.html (2 developers,tried both fine, XS one has more options in Stock settings I think  - both need /etc/firmware copying into the zip before flashing for wcdma, maybe that helps gps ?)

Guest pletko

@dakok

lost my patience. i've been bustin' my ass of for the last 2 weeks trying to root the damn thing... i updated, i'll try some new things but i only hope that this rom is atleast completely translated to english 

Guest Robi4ok

@dakok

lost my patience. i've been bustin' my ass of for the last 2 weeks trying to root the damn thing... i updated, i'll try some new things but i only hope that this rom is atleast completely translated to english 

:D  :D  :D 

Waiting for your results.

Guest dakok

Nayparm, you mean to copy everything from my original rom /etc/firmware folder to

MIUI zip file, where it should overwrite MIUI's files and folders?

Nothing else?

P.S. could someone post a screenshot of upgrade option. I can't find it. Really :D

P.P.S.

Pletko - no root again? :p

Edited by dakok

Guest pletko

no root, no change. the rom is still half chinese and the most annoying thing - the only app i actually BOUGHT from the market (swiftkey) i cannot use since the bloody rom uninstalls it on its own and forces me to use their keyboard... getting REALLY annoyed here...

Guest dakok

Tried that Odd Rabbit root?

It is Odd, so it nicely fits in with your luck, I guess :D

Edited by dakok