Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest pletko

erm... when i hold vol- and power only OFFICIAL appears and it starts booting... 

is there some sort of magic involved here? :D

Guest bryfly

erm... when i hold vol- and power only OFFICIAL appears and it starts booting... 

is there some sort of magic involved here? :D

Similar here vol - and power button, shows bottom left hand corner root, then phone starts as normal.

Guest bryfly

Did you install the second set of drivers and connect the phone with battery removed?

In my case this does not work, vol- and power just reboots phone...

3. Press volume down (vol -) and power button together for 10 seconds until "Factory Mode" is shown. "Fastboot mode" - connect the USB cable with PC. Wait for connection

also it looks like you cannot flash this coolpad rom as normal , you have to use coolpad method?

Edited by bryfly

Guest dakok

Is this of any help?

- Install first driver (you probably have it already)

- Check in windows Control Panel - Device Manager if you have this (I think phone has to be connected - not sure):

1738231mwa0wpwunwtaail.png

- If you dont have it, install the second set of drivers

- Download assistant must complete calibration data check and other interface prompts to connect your phone before you can connect the phone
- Press volume down button and power button for 10 seconds, and so on top of the phone interface display "FACTORY MODE", the lower display "fastboot mode" into the phone

- The software will start downloading rom, patiently waiting for the download to complete

Download process must not be powered down, it may cause a brick.

I found it at another website, translation is from google, with minor changes

P.S. Here is complete 020 rom pack at Google Drive

Edited by dakok

Guest Rosz

Hello Gents,

I just get my Coolpad F1 and was happy to see that it already have  the Note 3 ROM and SuperSU...so no need to bother with all the Chinese stuff. But I have other problem - I constantly get the following warning message: " Google Play service, which some of your applications rely on, is not supported by your device. Please contact the manufacturer for assistance" 

I do have Google Play installed and working (downloading apps) my GMAIL is also working, but for example "Keep" is not working....

Any of you experiencing this problem ?

Guest dakok

Hello Gents,

I just get my Coolpad F1 and was happy to see that it already have  the Note 3 ROM and SuperSU...so no need to bother with all the Chinese stuff. But I have other problem - I constantly get the following warning message: " Google Play service, which some of your applications rely on, is not supported by your device. Please contact the manufacturer for assistance" 

I do have Google Play installed and working (downloading apps) my GMAIL is also working, but for example "Keep" is not working....

Any of you experiencing this problem ?

Hi Rosz!

I didn't have that with original rom and don't have it on MIUI rom now. No problems with Google services.

Install the CWM, backup your rom and flash another one. Russian MIUI is very good, it is rooted and has google services.

Guest Maringer

cannot get to this no matter what I try http://bbsdown10.cnmo.com/attachments/201405/04/1738231mwa0wpwunwtaail.png. I only get "coolpad android composite ADB drivers" in device manager.

push vol- and power = normal reboot of phone

Are you perhaps using different operating systems (including 32-bit/64-bit OS's)?

It has always frustrated me how difficult it is to get properly working drivers for Android phones, especially those from Chinese manufacturers. It can't be that difficult to sort out properly, surely?

With my previous phone, I was never able to successfully install drivers on my Win 7 64-bit laptop whereas other people didn't seem to have the same issues with WinXP and 32-bit OS's.

It might be worth checking who is using which OS and who is having success in entering fastboot mode! I attempted to use Mobile Uncle to boot into fastboot mode on my phone as a test and an error message popped up saying MTK chips don't have a fastboot, which is confusing!

Guest bryfly

I attempted to use Mobile Uncle to boot into fastboot mode on my phone as a test and an error message popped up saying MTK chips don't have a fastboot, which is confusing!

I tried that as well and it gave me the same answer, have managed to update driver to bootloader one, but the only thing stopping me is not being able to get into factory mode by the vol- and power method.... Wonder if i need to un-root phone and get rid of cwm??

Edited by bryfly

Guest dakok

Bryfly - did you install the drivers from the archive?

I think that adb drivers are for the "live" phone connection to PC, and fastboot drivers are for PC connection when the phone is off. 

Guest bryfly

Bryfly - did you install the drivers from the archive?

I think that adb drivers are for the "live" phone connection to PC, and fastboot drivers are for PC connection when the phone is off. 

i downloaded from your post, but as i said cannot get into factory mode to do update, tried so many times vol- and power at the same time all sorts of options hold power release power etc.

Can this update be converted to do a normal flash?

Guest dakok

There are two drivers in my post. First one installs nomally, the other consists of several drivers in the archive. Did you install those?

I can find v20 for normal flashing, but this one is more interesting since it can recover a bricked phone.

Guest bryfly

There are two drivers in my post. First one installs nomally, the other consists of several drivers in the archive. Did you install those?

I can find v20 for normal flashing, but this one is more interesting since it can recover a bricked phone.

not sure if i installed them all, what i do not understand is that without the phone connected to laptop and you press vol- and power, the phone should go into factory mode is that right? if right do not understand why

have you a link for v20 normal flash?, have just re-flashed the 015 that would let me update to v20, now it will not let me..........getting frustrated :angry2:

Guest bryfly

have you a link for v20 normal flash?, have just re-flashed the 015 that would let me update to v20, now it will not let me..........getting frustrated :angry2:

managed to update via rom to ver 20, this version rooted fine, it then updated to ver 21 and it will no longer root via vroot, noticed that there is a warning type screen that flashes up very quick and goes, then the phone reboots so it will not root....

Guest Maringer

managed to update via rom to ver 20, this version rooted fine, it then updated to ver 21 and it will no longer root via vroot, noticed that there is a warning type screen that flashes up very quick and goes, then the phone reboots so it will not root....

Did it automatically update to Version 21? If so, I suppose you'll need to install a custom ROM soon after rooting!

I'm thinking I might try out the Russian MIUI or possibly some of the ROMs from the Chinese sites if I find the time this weekend.

The AOSP is OK, but always worth trying some of the others out!

Guest bryfly

Did it automatically update to Version 21?

No not automatic but there is a nag screen that reminds you every hour, thought I would have a go and see what happened, flashed it back to an earlier version......now working OK on ver15.

Edited by bryfly

Guest qwazar87
I think I have found my problems - there are not installed device coolpad bootloader interface
Tried to go into Fastboot mode-mode computer can not install device coolpad bootloader interface -though I specify the path to them 
This device can not. (Code 10)
Please help