Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest dakok

@ Robi4OK

I think that Pletko and Qwazar had that picture at some time during flashing, too.

You have new Coolpad Assistant release here

Other things to check:

Fat USB cable

Another USB port

Uninstall old drivers

Turn off antivirus

XP is better than Windows 7

Edited by dakok

Guest Robi4ok

@ Robi4OK

I think that Pletko and Qwazar had that picture at some time during flashing, too.

You have new Coolpad Assistant release here

Other things to check:

Fat USB cable

Another USB port

Uninstall old drivers

Turn off antivirus

XP is better than Windows 7

I think my picture a bit different. I can't download ROM. Its not beginning.

I've tried also 1.80 version of official coolpad tool(from your link Coolpad download assistant) the same result.

tried two USB cable. Don't have antivirus for now bcoz these days instal windows XP.

Drivers shown correctly. Tried other drives in other computer(XP)

Edited by Robi4ok

Guest Robi4ok

What's CPB file? :blink:

Coolpad download assistant wants me to chose it.

I am making all this first time so don't know much about it.

Guest Robi4ok

@dakok

3. Press both volumes (vol - & vol +) and power button together for 10 seconds until "Factory Mode" is shown.on the top of the phone , the lower screen displays "fastboot mode"

I made like this press both(vol - & vol +) and power button together for 10 seconds. And i get only in the bottom of the screen like this: 

=> fastboot mode...

=> fastboot mode...

Edited by Robi4ok

Guest dakok

I think you should get fastboot mode.

CPB is a rom format for flashing through Coolpad Assistant. It is different from those for SP Flash Tools.

Are you using the correct rom? You should use v 020 from here. I am not sure if it needs unzipping - I dont have it here with me :)

You have Coolpad Assistant v 1.82 there, too

Edited by dakok

Guest Robi4ok

I think you should get fastboot mode.

CPB is a rom format for flashing through Coolpad Assistant. It is different from those for SP Flash Tools.

Are you using the correct rom? You should use v 020 from here. I am not sure if it needs unzipping - I dont have it here with me :)

You have Coolpad Assistant v 1.82 there, too

See now. Thanks. I was trying a ROM which was for SP flash tool. 

Now downloading 020 version from your link.

Guest Maringer

My Nillkin Frosted Shield Case has just arrived.

I'll post a couple of pics later on. Seems a well-made, but very slim and lightweight hard case. There is a texture on the back of the case but disappointingly, I'd say it is less 'grippy' than the cheapo TPU case sent to me with the phone. It is much less bulky, however (my USB cable would only just connect with the TPU case on the phone), and makes the phone look a lot better (I've chosen the red Nillkin case). It comes with a screen protector as well, but I don't bother using them so can't comment on the quality of that part.

I ordered if from an Aliexpress seller via the free ChinaPost service and it has only taken a couple of weeks to arrive which is pretty good.

All in all, pretty good. Just a pity the back isn't 'rubberised' slightly to give a better grip.

I'll award it a mark of 7/10.

Guest bryfly

Have 2 off coolpad f1's, unfortunately they both have the same mac address, tried everything I could find on the net to change the MAC address, apart from the one dadok is trying to decipher for me, so guess I will have to sell one if cannot fix soon..

Guest bryfly

Did you try tools from google play?

Yes tried spoof address tools, they did not work either, the only thing left is the Chinese prog.....changed the Mac address on PC with hex editor pasted back and the phone switched it back to the original....... Never had all this c- - p with the 2 vowneys.

Guest Maringer

Oh, it's not too bad. Less slippery than the standard back case and the stippled texture on it gives an OK grip. Just not quite as good as I was hoping!

The Aixuan case linked looks OK as well. Just a little more expensive than the Nillkin case, but not by much. I'd imagine that either will do the job capably enough.

Guest slime00
Guest dakok

Not exactly a Faraday cage but I'd rather keep my WiFi signal quality :D

Yes tried spoof address tools, they did not work either, the only thing left is the Chinese prog.....changed the Mac address on PC with hex editor pasted back and the phone switched it back to the original....... Never had all this c- - p with the 2 vowneys.

You should have kept those nice vowneys then :p

Edited by dakok

Guest bobot1

My F1 received yesterday :)

It is rooted, and everything works fine....

And - I didn't have any additional costs - only 183 $ on alli..... :)

EDIT: does anybody know how to change SMS application on lock screen?

I don't like official app, and I installed new, but on lock screen is official....

Edited by bobot1

Guest h3dshot

My baby arrived today! Ordered on 14th May with Merimobiles, arrived today on 28th. Everything works fine, the phone came with a screen protector already installed, and root+playstore preinstalled. (I paid for a screen protector because I didnt know it would come with one). Everything seems to be working, but i've only played with it for 20 mins or so. Camera works fine, youtube works, playstore works and I downloaded apps. google maps got an incredibly accurate fix on my location within 2 seconds.

I haven't tried out mobile connection, but wifi works fine. I dont have a mini sim, and my mini sim cutter is still on its way in the post :\ Will update tomorrow once phone is fully charged (and hopefully has a sim in it)

Guest emjot

Yeah, this phone has exceptional GPS for a budget smartphone, even just for a smartphone. I never had a device (I had also some standalone TomToms and others) that was so quick in establishing a fix, and never lost it. Endomondo runs great here also.

@dakok - my last ROM should work on both WCDMA and TD-SCDMA versions (I cannot check TD-SCDMA version though because I dont have one).

Guest emjot

emjot

Cameras library from which the Chinese version firmware?

Here is a library of 079 version. Check if it is possible.

No, I use stock libs. The difference is more in Camera APK than in libs alone. When I was using Cinema FV-5 on older version with stock libs, and used MP4 recording with 1080p and 30mbs I got exceptionally good videos. But it is a paid app. I'm in the process of hacking smali files of stock MIUI camera app to try to make it use MP4 and good quality but it is a painfull and slow process... and time is a scare commodity for me nowadays...

Edited by emjot

Guest dalyer

I haven't tried out mobile connection, but wifi works fine. I dont have a mini sim, and my mini sim cutter is still on its way in the post :\ Will update tomorrow once phone is fully charged (and hopefully has a sim in it)

I presume you mean micro SIM since that's what it takes...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subscriber_identity_module#Formats

Edited by dalyer

Guest dakok

@ Emjot

I know you made MIUI for both 3G networks :). The headline will be corrected.

If you have some time, please comment this:

Is it complicated to use TD-SCDMA F1 rom for W version?

Just those 2 modem files or it takes the whole /firmware map to replace?

If it is not much work for modem switching, could we use the new official TD roms for our phone?

Another thing - I saw you at TelChina forum. Did you decide which phone to keep - Jiayu or Coolpad :D

Guest emjot

I decided to stay with the Coolpad... better chinese support, and 5' just fits me better, but it is a matter of personal taste. Jiayu has some things that are better though, but for me GPS performance is way better on Coolpad and I decided to stay with it.

I change whole firmware folder - it had newer and bigger files for "W" version. But I dont know if it is really necessary.

Edited by emjot