Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest baniko

[ROM] Coolpad F1 WCDMA Funtouch OS 1.17.7  v2 by Infinitely Lone

P.S. Do I deserve few reputation clicks now, or what? :D

You deserve it!

One problem:

Is not possible to install gapps.

After i flash the "gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip", in the 1rst boot, at the welcome screen for gapps, after i push the start, is appeared the error message "Unfortunately, Setup wizard has stopped."

Edited by baniko

Guest dakok

@baniko

I had problems with both roms, 085 - bootloop and Funtouch was fine until Gapps went into play :(

Now comes the good news - I've been testing K-Touch Nibiru rom and it looks like a keeper candidate :D

Very lightweight, I prepared Kii keyboard, flashed gapps, removed 7-8 chinese apps and it flies like AOSP now :)

It has a network data manager, btw...

[ROM] Coolpad F1 WCDMA K-Touch Nibiru UI 06.27 by First Job

Source

Download

Guest dakok

Hey, what did you expect from a Chinese

rom? :)

It is not multilingual and the first

thing you get after reboot is language selection:

Chinese, Mandarin and English.

Guest slime00

yes, i knew it didn't had it, but since that chinese aosp was the first multilanguage rom found in china, I had (very little) hopes there could exhist some others! :)

After some months from the launch of the phone, I espected it was received with much more enthusiasm by the community of european users/modders. It was (and still is) the best phone in the price-quality tag, with also 3g on 900mhz, I thought Russian modders would tear this phone apart, as they did with my previous phone (Lenovo a820). Except Jonzalvo (which adapted aosp (the only that fits this phone almost perfectly atm) and note roms) and emjot (who now sold his phone, so goodbye MIUI), the modding scene is not moving right now (I don't consider that much chinese roms, since never in my "android life" I've found a perfectly working rom there, european modding is more careful :) ). If coolpad releases the F1 in europe (as it promised time ago), things may change, let's keep the fingers crossed! :) 

Guest dakok

I bet that chinese AOSP was Jonzalvo's rom actualy. :)

Try that Nibiru rom, you won't be disappointed.

My experience with chinese roms is not that bad. With g300 I flashed at least 40 different roms and

Baidu was among top 3.

ZTE 987 has a great Lewa rom, slightly slower than AOSP from a portuguese developer, but still very good.

Coolpad is not that popular since the sellers have a very low profit on it.

They rather push other names, like cubot, jiake, doogee where they can achieve better price diference.

A mod on our china phone forum contacted cubot representative and presented himself as a big seller

for croatian market. He was offered to order phones at more than half the regular price.

Now imagine what price it is for big stores like banggood or pandawill or aliexpress sellers.

Now you know why F1 isn't popular as much as it diserves.

And now for something completely different:

There are several new rom releases at YDSS forum today:

[ROM] [group] F1 Unicom version | 14.6.29 update Lewa OS5 v132 Desktop smart finishing

[ROM] [group] F1 Unicom version | 14.6.29 release MIUI update your browser / MIUI application market etc.

[ROM] F1 transplanted OPPO ColorOS repaired Unicom card no 3G signal restart bug updated version 06.28

[ROM] F1 Samsung Note updated second edition, replaced the bottom package, a number of new experiences 06.29

[ROM] F1 factory rom v029 optimised - Global Transparency - Speed switch - Advanced Settings - Magic Fun animation list

Edited by dakok

Guest baniko

try flashing it after the first boot

I did it already. The same problem.

Now comes the good news - I've been testing K-Touch Nibiru rom and it looks like a keeper candidate :D

Very lightweight, I prepared Kii keyboard, flashed gapps, removed 7-8 chinese apps and it flies like AOSP now :)

I'm making downloading now and i will try it.

Guest bryfly

Source

Download

Agree with dakok, trying this ROM and looks good, only need an "email.apk" tried a couple but they will not install, anybody have a link to one that will?

Sorted found email.apk that worked

Edited by bryfly

Guest slime00

I bet that chinese AOSP was Jonzalvo's rom actualy. :)

Try that Nibiru rom, you won't be disappointed.

My experience with chinese roms is not that bad. With g300 I flashed at least 40 different roms and

Baidu was among top 3.

ZTE 987 has a great Lewa rom, slightly slower than AOSP from a portuguese developer, but still very good.

Coolpad is not that popular since the sellers have a very low profit on it.

They rather push other names, like cubot, jiake, doogee where they can achieve better price diference.

A mod on our china phone forum contacted cubot representative and presented himself as a big seller

for croatian market. He was offered to order phones at more than half the regular price.

Now imagine what price it is for big stores like banggood or pandawill or aliexpress sellers.

Now you know why F1 isn't popular as much as it diserves.

The Aosp is not Jonzalvo's, it's a 4.3 version! Actually, I discovered it's a fake AOSP, the system is called "Aliyun OS" and is the one used on many Umi, Thl, zopo... Gravitybox couldn't be installed properly and I didn't test it properly, but definitely was a different rom :)

It could be that the Coolpad is not much advertized, but also my Lenovo was on the same situation (mt6589 was almost out in that period, 3g at 900mhz, ultracompetitive price in comparison to other Lenovo models) and russians definitely loved and supported it! Maybe it's the brand that makes the difference (Lenovo is well known with computers and tablets), but then again those cra**y Star phones have a lot of support from the communities, and I wouldn't buy one even at half of their price... 

I'll try that Nibiru ROM, thanks for the advice! :)

Guest dakok

Agree with dakok, trying this ROM and looks good, only need an "email.apk" tried a couple but they will not install, anybody have a link to one that will?

For others, here is email app - just install email-JB.apk and then exchange2.apk

Guest Moca83

Hello guys

Im new here and i ve bought Coolpad.

Dakok know me :)

I have few questions:

I have nov 0.26 version and phone offered me to update on 029 can i do it? Can i root 029 version?

I like Coolpad UI and i just want to add google apps and delete chinese, how to do that?

Thanks.

Guest dakok

Just let it update to 029. Root tool is chinese Vroot 1.7.7 for PC or newer.

Then MobileUncle Tool and install CWM through it. 

Then make a backup of your 029

Then install Google apps thru CWM. 

You may uninstall most of chinese apps with some root uninstaller, like this

Guest bryfly

Found a couple of problems with the ROM, in messaging the outgoing message is white on a light blue background and impossible to read, cannot find anywhere to change it.

Also screen colour in settings crashes when pressed and says TYscreen colour manager has stopped, not sure if this is linked to the problem in messanger

Guest Moca83

Now when i insert usb its open it like media device. Like usb flash. Is it what i need?

I ve instaled Vroot on my comp what to do now with this program?

Edited by Moca83

Guest dakok

You should see a driver installation program

on connected drive. If not, find coolpad f1

driver setup.exe. It is about 15 MB.

If you can't find it, wait a bit. I'll give you a link later.

Guest prile

Dakok tell me, is the nilkin case doing it's secondary use - raising the speaker up so it can be heard better when placed back down on the table?

How are you satisified with it in general, after some time you have been using it?

Edited by prile

Guest dakok

It is much better with Nillkin case now. If I chose a louder ringtone and set it to max, it is audible as it should be.

Very satisfied :)

The only thing that bothers me a little is uneaven screen brightness - noticeable while scrolling text on white background.