Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest prile

It is much better with Nillkin case now. If I chose a louder ringtone and set it to max, it is audible as it should be.

Very satisfied :)

The only thing that bothers me a little is uneaven screen brightness - noticeable while scrolling text on white background.

I was refering to the nilkin case when I asked how satisfied you were :) I know about the phone already :D

Guest h3dshot

After test many ROMs, Find this is best for F1 WCDMA...Very Smooth, Bug Free, only Google Map Crash issue...

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-427990-1-1.html

Download : http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dDIMbXR

Gapps : http://d-h.st/EhP (miuiandroid_gapps-4.2.2-small_signed-8012.zip)

Can you upload some screenshots when you get a chance please?

For me a good ROM needs to have a nice skin too, so im about to flash MIUI once my phone is fully charged.

Guest dakok

It's factory 025 CoolLife UI

New 086 release for TD version is out today:

Camera:
       Optimization effect parameters to improve clarity
       Focus Camera mode can not fix problems

Cool assistant:
       Access control inside the software fix the problem of missing
       Crash repair a key clean-up problems
       Fix error problems accelerated cleanup

System:
       Senior masquerading repair privacy mode
       Contacts error fix the problem
       Wifi fix problems fast switching times failure
Edited by dakok

Guest jay0ind

Can you upload some screenshots when you get a chance please?

For me a good ROM needs to have a nice skin too, so im about to flash MIUI once my phone is fully charged.

Screenshots...

post-1042289-0-52137600-1404164409_thumb

post-1042289-0-65208400-1404164416_thumb

post-1042289-0-64392200-1404164423_thumb

post-1042289-0-78730500-1404164429_thumb

post-1042289-0-13871400-1404164443_thumb

Guest pletko

Ok, a quick review of the nubiru rom.

Smooth, nice looking, some fancy extra settings

Not likes:

Cannot remove all of the chinese apps, notifications of updates for Chinese apps, weird phone app which fades my whole contact image and some additional toasted information

Bottom line - neeeeext!

Color os 2.0 crashed too often on some occasions even though I did a data factory reset and cleared the cache before flashing, even dalvik cache.

Any other suggestions? I don't like the stock rom because of (once again) Chinese apps that I cannot remove.

Edited by pletko

Guest jay0ind

Ok, a quick review of the nubiru rom.

Smooth, nice looking, some fancy extra settings

Not likes:

Cannot remove all of the chinese apps, notifications of updates for Chinese apps, weird phone app which fades my whole contact image and some additional toasted information

Bottom line - neeeeext!

Color os 2.0 crashed too often on some occasions even though I did a data factory reset and cleared the cache before flashing, even dalvik cache.

Any other suggestions? I don't like the stock rom because of (once again) Chinese apps that I cannot remove.

All Factory (Stock) Chinese Applications Remove through...  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jumobile.manager.systemapp&hl=en

Guest tiger.sumy

Color OS 6.17 

Works well. 
1. Fw through recovery. 
2. Install morelocal2. Choosing you language. 
3. Install keyboard, for example (experia keyboard). 
4. Install GAPS
5. Install titaniumbackup, frost all soft with hieroglyphs .
Edited by tiger.sumy

Guest bryfly

Have tried lots of ROM's so far and my top three in no particular order would be

* http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/miui_f1_emjot_4.6.21_multi_v05a.zip.....by emjot

* [ROM] Coolpad F1 WCDMA K-Touch Nibiru UI 06.27 .. posted by dadok in post #978

* coolpad ROM official Ver 29.

Currently using the Nibiru rom, have the other two backed up in CWM, I find all three very good on battery and fluid in use.

To get rid of Chinese apps I either delete or freeze using "Link2sd" available in playstore

Guest pletko

ok am i stupid or what? it keeps saying that my sim card is locked but it doesn't offer me the option of entering my PIN

edit

colorOS 2.0

i just remembered that it's the reason why i installed some other version

Edited by pletko

Guest h3dshot

Screenshots...

thanks buddy!

Using MIUI for a day now. Very smooth. Sexy UI + Transitions.

Only bug i've experienced so far is when in a call if you move phone away from face, screen turns off and doesn't respond until the call is ended. (wouldnt respond so put it in pocket, drove home, and it was working again)

Guest slime00

thanks buddy!

Using MIUI for a day now. Very smooth. Sexy UI + Transitions.

Only bug i've experienced so far is when in a call if you move phone away from face, screen turns off and doesn't respond until the call is ended. (wouldnt respond so put it in pocket, drove home, and it was working again)

yes, this was the major issue of MIUI... it was great, but I wonder how many people never complained about this issue, i told it to emjot several times but he never fixed it, now he sold his phone and I believe we won't see any improvement over it!

Guest StratosGK

After trying 4-5 completely different ROMs and not just different versions, i prefer Miui of Lbxb.

You can find it here:

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1gdzgznl
And the password is: zbrn.
I use the 
MIUI_Coolpad-8297w_4.6.13_byLz.zip . I did try the 2 newer versions but there are too many chinese apps and some are very annoying.
Its a stable ROM. It doesn't have that problem with blackscreen during calls. It only has 2 flaws but someone could add the fact that it drinks battery faster than other ROMs:
1) Like every Miui it doesn't turn to landscape mode during SMS typing. But you can install another app for that.
2) Google Maps crashes! But you can install the one from the first page in the other thread which runs smooth!

I am very satisfied and i don't think that i will change it soon.

Edit: Had the problem with the blackscreen with Emjot's Miui from the very first call i made. After that i changed to Lbxb and everything was fine. But there are some users saying that after placing the screen protector right, it doesn't do it anymore.

Edited by StratosGK

Guest kompot

StratosGK,

I'm using MIUI by emjot, with the screen protector placed from the beginning and I don't experience any blackscreens during or after calls. Everything works perfectly fine.

Guest slime00

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

Im getting "UNEXPECTED END OF FILE" errors on everything ive dloaded from pan.baidu. the only rom that flashed ok was ColorOS but the boot screen didnt do anything for 40 mins. Ive also flashed recovery via mobile unkle, but now my Root rights have dissappeared Anny mirrors for colourOS or info on whats going on?

Guest dalyer

Any chance you have security software that is corrupting the downloads?

Check MD5 checksums if available.

If anything is a ZIP then sanity check it by opening it in 7Zip or the like.

I wouldn't have expected installing a recovery to impact your root status...

Edited by dalyer

Guest slime00

when many people download from baidu, it usually happens that downloads are corrupted (they appear as finished, but they stopped before reaching the end).

Try the solution that Dakok proposed in the other topic:

Install Orbit Downloader - cancel adware suggestions during installation
Open links at Baidu to start download (use Chrome browser for translation)
When download starts, go to Chrome menu -> downloads.
Find your downloading file there and right click on it and copy link address.
You can stop Chrome download now.

Open that link in Orbit Downloader

Voila!

Guest dakok

Im getting "UNEXPECTED END OF FILE" errors on everything ive dloaded from pan.baidu.the only rom that flashed ok was ColorOS but the boot screen didnt do anything for 40 mins.Ive also flashed recovery via mobile unkle, but now my Root rights have dissappearedAnny mirrors for colourOS or info on whats going on?

Install recovery again thru mobile uncle and when you exit from recovery chose that

option "fix recovery" or something like that...