Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest dakok

Go to settings/about phone and "click" 7* on baseband version. It will write "you are developer now" and then you will see the developer options in settings.

I allways get slightly excited when discovering that I'm a developer :D

Edited by dakok

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

ive flashed MIUI and gapps, but i keep getting a Baidu input method box comming up and no english keayboard. any ideas anyone?

ESR

Guest dakok

you can use baidu keyboard, it has

latin letters, too.

Then go to google play and download

Kii keyboard or any other you like

Guest slime00

there is a sort of reworked miui for the tdscma, will be released in a few hours... it seems interesting from what it says

. replace the whole theme and icons 
. adds dynamic weather icon clock calendar compass 
Unlike some software topics such as micro-channel 
. icon theme has been modified to more than 2400, the basic belong to the most complete coverage of software icon library of (calcium already you can not imagine a) 
. making icons have five months, will continue to add down 

introduction: 
1 based on official firmware CoolLife 5.5 086 Coupe version adapted by patchrom stub approach to adaptation, based on AOSP version will be more stable compared to the current maintenance! 
2 MIUI code is compiled using the most stable phase of production, there will be no alarm BUG (Note: This code is no full-screen text messages without interference, mind, please brush existing maintenance version) 
. 3 preliminary test basic functions are normal, as is sufficient for everyday use, there may be a small BUG and weaknesses, after all, is the first edition, we need feedback to help me fix 
4. default official 086 camera, the camera can be switched to red rice in a cool setup, 1300 pixels are supported by regulation 
5. supports 3G mobile dual function, namely card 1 and card 2 card if you have to insert the mobile will be able to support mobile 3G network, see the specific methods outlined below 
6 Cool new advanced settings, including The features are: Camera Mute / switch the default camera / goggles / ZTE screen assistant / operator Custom / engineering / timer switch / LED light set / default switching memory cards 

based on the latest s big bottom bag making
this not integrated crack theme wsm toolbox, like you can go to other bag extraction, mind mistakenly brush 

. repair red rice camera, HDR mode 
. optimization update e-mail until the latest development version

. modify the boot screen for the latest version of millet 
. strengthening of the test signal , 3G will not be in a weak signal 
. shielded most of the ads 
. optimize speed issues, not slowly feeling 

. join the unique power-saving technology that allows 20 percent more electricity (author Lailai rom exclusive production do not open the package after saving transplant party modification) 
. browser night mode and the provincial stream mode 
· Add MIUI latest development version of the table with a burst Weather 
· Add MIUI latest development version of the calendar, more practical and more beautiful 
· Add notes the latest development version of MIUI 
· Add the latest development version of MIUI email 
. adding the latest development version of MIUI millet life 
· Add Android 4.4 effects (optimized more than 100), the application seconds to open 
. adding WIFI enhancement patch 
. beautification icon 
. framework for optimization 
. adding a new version of the flow 
. optimized media scanning speed 
. turned the volume keys wake up the screen 
. optimize camera and video functions 
. improve jpg 100% quality 
. reduce the dial pad to enter the time 
. repair black screen problem after the call ends 
. improved touch sensitivity reflects 
unlocked FPS 
. Sony imaging engine 
. use Stagefright let Video and music faster 
. Adding Security Center, more practical and more beautiful pages 
. updated shielded host ad code, shielding a large ad 
in a stable basis, streamlined a lot of useless system files 
. Added busybox runtime 
. opens kernel support init.d script 
Adding support for init.d script for 
Adding MTKTweak script, optimizing CPU 
. adding setperm script, optimize memory to run 
. adding memery script that control the operation of the memory 
. adding SDspeedfix script, optimize speed sd card reader 
. APK files for all Zipalign operation, optimizing memory usage 

Special note: 
Please open the Brush settings, all settings, developer options, window zoom animation, transition animation scale, 
long time these three options are selected vertex animation program 0.5X screen is displayed as round-off 
the desktop - Function keys - desktop settings - icon shadow closed 
set - mobile network - network type selection - Use only 2G networks 
(signal stronger and more power, you need the 3G network when in the open) 
function keys (Left) - Desktop Settings - icon shadow Close

164317une119bbydyfl15y.png164333g9huufugjw5uz9l9.png164312td19gwpswrk9revk.png

Edited by slime00

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

i thgink theres a prob with the baidu keybaord as keep getting a popup in chinese. When i try and sign into google i cant as theres no input method. can i just dload an apk to the sdcard and flash it or does it have to be a zip file.

ESR

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

i give up with miui. I cant access the input method as theres a baidu popup, i cant access the app drawer, delete apps or uninstall any apps.

i manged to instal the andoid keyboard but he baidu popup smashes everything.  when i goto sign into google, no keyboard method pops up so i cant sign in.

Nice as it is, its impractical.

it was miui 4.6.21 from toRom listed on p52

ColorOS2 goes into a bootloop, ive left it for about an hour and still no bootup.

Im sticking with the oficial coollife 34 as it seems to work ok.

I also made a boob earlier as i renamed my clockwork mod backups so i could remember which Roms they were, but now the MD5 sums dont match....aaaargh.

im having fun though..lol

Edited by EvilSeamanRuby

Guest zula

latest miui with 086 patchrom seems to have a problem with whatsapp... i've tried 2-3 rooms, all with the whatsapp problem!

It's a pity because finally bluetooth works fine.

It seems I can't get a fully working miui!!!

Guest h3dshot

Little OT but has anyone tried to play music through a standard earphones or headphones? Mine sounds distorted, almost as if the driver on the headphone isn't in fully. It doesn't take an odd sized headphone driver does it?

Edit: just noticed when headphones are connected there is a constant tapping noise which is faded out but still audible while music is playing. It kind of sounds like a woodpecker constantly tapping away

Edited by h3dshot

Guest zula

Just uploaded...  and same whatsapp bug  :angry:

Everything else works perfect but I need whatsapp more than bluetooth!

there is a sort of reworked miui for the tdscma, will be released in a few hours... it seems interesting from what it says

164312td19gwpswrk9revk.png164317une119bbydyfl15y.png164333g9huufugjw5uz9l9.png164344fvrr9cvln7y273ce.png

Guest slime00

Little OT but has anyone tried to play music through a standard earphones or headphones? Mine sounds distorted, almost as if the driver on the headphone isn't in fully. It doesn't take an odd sized headphone driver does it?

Edit: just noticed when headphones are connected there is a constant tapping noise which is faded out but still audible while music is playing. It kind of sounds like a woodpecker constantly tapping away

try using other headphones. When I used the one of my old phone, had the same problem. Now I have some samsung's ones and they work perfectly

Just uploaded...  and same whatsapp bug   :angry:

Everything else works perfect but I need whatsapp more than bluetooth!

Did you just tried it? It's strange, usually Whatsapp works with Miui... There is no use trying it if it doesn't work!

Edited by slime00

Guest h3dshot

try using other headphones. When I used the one of my old phone, had the same problem. Now I have some samsung's ones and they work perfectly

Yep it seems to be the Samsung earphones I had. Tried a Phillips and Sony headphones and jvc earphones and they work fine.

Think I need to get rid of the Samsung ones

Guest pletko

Note that though they look the same, earphones for sgs and sgs2 aren't the same. I tried sgs phones on my sgs 2 and had sound but there was absolutely no bass. Connect them to sgs and everything is fine. Connect sgs 2 phones to sgs 2 and everything is fine too. I guess there are some differences even with the same manufacturer

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

You can disable boot audio by drilling to /system/media/ and you should find bootanim and bootstartup. just delete or rename the audio files. Youll need root, but i guess that goes without saying if your in here.

ESR

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

Ive tried a fair few roms now and ive settled on 2 that seem to run ok

Colour OS2 is slick, very clean and once the bloat ware is removed seems a nice rom. I had a few probs getting past the chinese login screen, but you can just press the unlit button under the 2 coloured ones.

YunOS2.7.1 is in the same veign but is designed for Englsh users. The first splash screen you get allows you to request English. All the dialogues are in English. The only slight prob is that you cant use Gapps as the security shield prevents any google login.

Youll need to download a "system uninstaller" apk to the sd card and then run it through the file explorer to remove the blue sheild app with a white cross on it. After that is plain sailing.

Ive not tried dloading any apps yet as im trying to get the prefered OS sorted. Im also in need of a sdcard trimmer as ive only just realised that both slots are cut down sdcards.

Hope someone finds this usefull.

All roms have come from Baidu

Guest StratosGK

The problem with the headphones is because some older phones have the CTIA pinout. Coolpad F1 has the OMTP pinout.
You can see the differences here:
nexusae0_CTIA_OMTP_Pinout.png

Guest emjot

Thanks guys for all your feedback. I have sold my Coolpad and now use Redmi Note - so MIUI works flawlessly ;-). There is one person on telchina.pl forum, that wants to continue supporting MIUI, co keep your fingers crossed. I'll try to guide him and maybe MIUI for F1 would be still alive.

Guest dakok

Thanks, Emjot!

I hope that countryman of yours would

be able to make a decent rom, at least

close to the stuff you did. :)

Edited by dakok