Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest pletko

yeah, mine also stops at 98% but i think that's just loading or unpacking or something like that. somehow i got to 100% but now the lower one (i suppose the actual flashing process) stands at 0% no matter what i do :(

Guest pletko

tried it - it didn't break the phone. this is why i came to conclusion that the first one is just preparation for flashing, unpacking or something like that

Guest pletko

what? phone bricking? :D

last night i left it connected through the night, just in case it took some time to flash. yesterday i tried it a dozen times. today, as i'm typing, it's connected for the nth time...

i have no idea how to get the freaking fastboot mode so i guess this is just one more method that doesn't work for me. woopty-freakin-doo

i'm just waiting for a member here to develop his own flashing tool (or so i gather) so i can try it before i ship the damn thing back to china. i will just have to look at the papers i will have to get, as well as pay for shipping to china...

right about now i am just so frustrated with the phone. i really couldn't care less about the root.

it's the google apps that are the problem. the phone keeps uninstalling swiftkey

another thing is that i cannot change the launcher and this one sucks big time

another thing is the fact that the rom isn't fully translated and i still get chinese toast messages saying all kinds of beautiful things i guess. lucky for me i can understand chinese. not.

all of this tips the scale of pros and cons to a big con as far as this phone is concerned. if i could get it to flash some other rom, the balance would change since the hardware specs are simply awesome

Edited by pletko

Guest qwazar87

fastboot mode is simply work at my devise.Hold down both volume buttons and then press the power button until all hold mode appears then let go of the power button then the first volume

Guest pletko

heh... would you look at that... it worked :)

now i get this picture, i don't know what it means...

2wr47e1.png

anyway, nothing changed. now i'm really pissed, i really hoped that this would work

Edited by pletko

Guest pletko

ok, the flashing worked. now off to try some sort of rooting... i have v20 on but framaroot 1.9.2 doesn't work. i will try vroot and all of the others now.

Guest dakok

I knew you can make it work!

Please, could you make a short guide, before you forget the details :)

Edited by dakok

Guest pletko

yeah, been there, done that :)

aaaanyway... here goes

1. i used the driver pack from dakok's link

2. i put the phone into download mode (fastboot mode) by pressing BOTH volume buttons and power 

3. connected the phone to usb, helped a little by starting fastboot.exe from the drivers pack. wait until the connection to pda tools is made

4. started the official coolpad flash tool

5. loaded the image file and pressed the green button

note:

first two or three times it just got stuck at 98%, i disconnected the cable, turned off the application and started it again, repeating the process until it worked. but be careful, don't disconnect or turn off the phone while in the LOWER progress bar

-> copied framaroot (not necessary since it doesn't work) :D

6. copied mobile uncle tool apk and cwm (recovery.img) to the phone

7. installed mobile uncle, started it, chose recovery and it flashed custom cwm

8. now i am downloading roms and will try flashing. 

once again, i used dakok's files and all of them are there

Guest qwazar87

Oh good job. Now please help me. How can you have a working firmware? 98 % - and there need to disconnect cable? or what?