Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest Hasano

Hi guys ! I've received my coolpad f1 this weekend, awesome phone by the way (quality/price wise), i have an issue concerning battery consumption.

The "cell standby" is at 45% in the battery screen,i've no signal problem, i've installed AOSP and also tried PURE AOSP but always the same problem.

Does someone have the same problem or a solution ?

Guest dakok

Doesn't that mean that Cell Standby (whatever process that is) uses 45% of total battery consumption.

Right now, I have:

36% cell standby

35% phone idle

26% wifi

2% screen

I guess that searching for GSM signal takes 45% off of your battery juice.

If you were near antenna it would be less, if closest antenna is far away you would have much more cell standby consumption.

Guest Ascend

Just got a Samsung Note 3 from work so my F1 (reluctantly) is surplus to requirements. Going to put it on ebay and would appreciate any thoughts on a reasonable price? (In UK)

Edited by Ascend

Guest eladrob

hey guys. does anyone have problem with youtube on aosp v2.0? the rom is great but youtube isn't working or any other youtube app from the playstore.

thanks!

Guest slime00

youtube works perfectly for me with the pure aosp!
From Coolpad's forum, it seems we may see a 4.4.2 beta on August, and an official update in September! They are also planning to sell a new mobile phone in the next months, the F2, which has the same aspect  and almost everything else as ours, but will have the brand new mt6595 4g processor, which hits more than 40k in antutu! 

Guest dakok

I doubt that it will be mtk6595 :)

As far as I get that - F2 will be renewed F1 - with LTE modem and probably nothing else to differ it from F1

This will be a new MTK6595 model and it has nothing to do with F2.

How do I know?

Easy, F2 price is promised to be under 1000 yuan and phone with 44K in antutu would cost much more :)

Guest Maringer

I'll be very pleased to see KitKat on the F1 and think it will hopefully be enough to stop me from upgrading to a MTK6595 equivalent of the F1 (whatever it may be called) just for the sake of it!

Edited by Maringer

Guest slime00

I doubt that it will be mtk6595  :)

As far as I get that - F2 will be renewed F1 - with LTE modem and probably nothing else to differ it from F1

This will be a new MTK6595 model and it has nothing to do with F2.

How do I know?

Easy, F2 price is promised to be under 1000 yuan and phone with 44K in antutu would cost much more  :)

don't be sure about it! mt6592 doubled mt6589 in performance, but we got one of the very first models with it only for 150-160usd, the same you could pay a mt6589 not many months ago :) it's also reported in many android websites, and it reports the words of Coolpad's CEO, not mine :)  The price won't be under 1000 yuan, but very very interesting nonetheless! http://www.gizmochina.com/2014/07/15/the-coolpad-dashen-f2-to-be-released-on-october-will-be-the-first-to-use-the-mt6595-chipset/

Edited by slime00

Guest dakok

Two main infos I collected from

Mobile-Dad and Sohu were:

1. F2 will be under 1000 yuan and won't differ much from f1

2. 44K antutu score wasn't from F2 phone.

I read China sources daily. Don't mind much

about gizchina, gizmochina and such...

:D

Edited by dakok

Guest dakok

Here's news from coolpad forum:

Recently, through the Ministry of inquiry, a cool new machine 4G TD-LTE & 3G TDSCDMA network license in the recently passed, the device model for Coolpad 8675-HD, this new machine should be the god of Cool F2, evidently released soon! 

In the configuration, the Great God Cool F2 using: 
- 5.5-inch screen with a resolution of 1280x720 
- Equipped with a 1.7GHz eight-core processor (it should be MT6592) 
- May be (MT6592 + MT6290 baseband processor) 
- Built-in 2GB memory +16 GB storage fuselage 
- Provide pre 5,000,000 + rear 13,000,000 pixel camera 
- Running Android 4.4.2 operating system 
- Support for mobile 4G, dual card dual standby 

Earlier, according to official sources said Cool, Cool F2 Great God will be released in August, it should be is this phone, please look forward to it! 

16-140H5114TQ06.png16-140H5114PXc.jpg

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

so it's a mt6592 + lte? not worthy the upgrade, even if it would be released as wcdma! The only interesting thing is that it runs 4.4.2, so I assume they will port/develop it for our F1, as the rumor on coolpad's forum said!

Guest slime00

4.4 spotted on the taiwanese version of the mobile, ready to be launched in August! http://www.sogi.com.tw/mobile/articles/6230402-5%E5%90%8BMTK%E5%85%AB%E6%A0%B8%E9%9B%99%E5%8D%A1%E6%89%8B%E6%A9%9F+%E9%85%B7%E6%B4%BE%E5%A4%A7%E7%A5%9EF1%E4%BD%8E%E5%83%B9%E8%A5%B2%E5%8F%B0

As you can see it's an AOSP, so I assume we will have two different versions: the aosp for the taiwanese market (maybe they were in a hurry and released there the AOSP to be able to deliver it soon), and the coolife 6.0 for the chinese market, which should see the light in late August/September... Now that would be awesome, two official versions to choose from! :D

Guest dakok

Here's the link again (modaco converts external links back to forum) and few images:

2014072410402486045.jpg2014072506442531448.jpg

2014072506442552331.jpg2014072506452540093.jpg

Main thing is that Coolpad F1 received Taiwanese network certificate from NCC on July 15th ( I guess that this is something like TENAA in China)

and they predict it will be in taiwan stores in August (with 4.4 or Kitkat on). This is certificate screenshot:

2014071702081719390.png

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

Where in the earth did you dig that?

:D

actually, simply typing "coolpad 8297w" on google and setting "news" :D

Edited by slime00

Guest dakok

More info from YDSS:

(google translate)

Seeing xiaomi red rice and honor 3C go gradually into Taiwan, the main online channels to cost-based play sit Coolpad f1, the god of 8-core machine for less than $ '000 Listed F1 will also score the Taiwan market, First to market is to support WCDMA network Okami F1 Unicom version (8297W). 

Quote Taiwan version of the Great God F1 less than 5000 yuan NT, or about RMB 1,030 yuan, the price of hundred of yuans more expensive than the domestic version the official visit in early August, the Taiwan market for sale. 

System is one of the China version and Taiwan version of the distinction, the Taiwan version of the F1 will be powered by Android 4.4.2 system, although some icons through customization, but overall is a native style, and not much changed, the default is the traditional display, the domestic version of the Great God F1 temporary or Android 4.2 system.

........ The Great God F1 to Taiwan, bringing domestic users the best news is - the domestic version of F1 kitkat should soon come.

Original link worked fine for me...   :excl:

Now it looks OK again???
I noticed this on external  links that they point to modaco page occasionaly.
Edited by dakok