Carphone Warehouse Price Promise

Guest melmac

Hi All

I purchased an SPV from Carphone Warehouse at £99.99. Before anyone says anything, I was desperate to get my hands on one after reading a review and didn't realise you could get them for free :-(

Anyway, I now want to use their price promise but they will only discount it to £50 because I can only get web adverts. Does anyone know how I can get round this (I only have this afternoon to sort this out (Saturday))

Thanks in advance

melmac

ps1 great phone but poor battery life

ps2 turn off keypad clicks for much faster menu access

ps3 press and hold green 'answer' button in call for speakerphone

Guest awarner [MVP]

Most price promise companies will only honour high street shops as mail order places have less overheads so a cheaper price.

I bought mine direct so I had to pay £99 :cry: but if you can get £50 off think your self lucky at £49.99 (not ment to sound horrible just the way I type)

Still a good phone.

Bargain !!!

Took an advert from an online company (with a small shop also) back to The Carphone Warehouse. I wasn't trying too hard (thought I'd only get £50) so the company I chose from the web were selling SPV at £20

TCW credited the difference +10% so I got £88 quid back, it's their price promise. Which got me thinking...

Before you buy an SPV from TCW, get an advert from a magazine for a free SPV with contract. Buy your SPV from TCW for £100. Take it back 5 minutes later with the advert and you will get your £100 quid back plus an extra 10%. (ie. TCW will give you £10 to have the phone)

Deal of the century

I have got carphonewarehouse to price match net offers (eg. SL45 for 0.00 when it 1st came out and where loads in the highstreet) so maybe things have changed?

Wlodek

The Carphone Warehouse have a price promise, find it cheaper within seven days and they will refund 110% of the difference. They will only price match down to £50 for web based companies, and the shop I went to insisted that it was a printed advert (rather than a print-out of the net).

Go to http://www4.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/servlet/gben-customerservices-OurPromises for further details.

So, go and find an advert for a free SPV in one of the mobile phone magazines. Then go and buy your SPV from The Carphone Warehouse for £100. Then go back an hour later with the advert to claim your 110% price promise (ie £110).

Voila !!!