Hudl 1.3.1 Update

Guest menace1944

Guest flurry

Also in the rock driver this pc is 32bit and it dosn't show 32bit in the folder just 64bit and 86bit.

x86 = 32bit, x64 = 64 bit

no, I have no idea why either!

Guest flurry

I have a usb hub connected to the raspberry pi with lxde desktop.

hmm, I've never used a raspberry pi before, though if it's running debian running lxde then it may work.

first step is to set up the tools on the raspberry pi - is it 32 or 64 bit? If it's 64 bit then you can simply follow the instructions in this thread here if it's 32 bit then you'll need a 32bit copy of rkflashtool - I found one on the web from memory, or if you get stuck I can upload mine

Guest flurry

Its just like ubuntu but isnt xD.

I don't know what bit the raspberry pi is but I have some details of it http://www.raspberrypi.org/product/model-b/

ubuntu is built on debian as far as I know.

the raspberry pi has an arm processor, so it's 32 bit - I wonder if the 32 bit version of rkflashtool will run on an arm cpu? Probably only one way to find out! The 32-bit version of rkflashtool can be found in this thread here. You'll need to rename the 32-bit version to rkflashtool-linux or the scripts in the stock image folder won't see the rkflashtool file. I also found I had to run it as sudo for it to work

does the raspberry pi boot to a normal desktop environment?

Guest Codmadnesspro

Yes once i login to the raspberry pi i just do startx to start the desktop and its just like gnome desktop.

Guest flurry

Yes once i login to the raspberry pi i just do startx to start the desktop and its just like gnome desktop.

in that case, as long as the rkflashtool will run on the raspberry pi's arm cpu then it should be able to flash the hudl - I don't have a massive amount of faith that it will work so easily though

Guest flurry

good luck with it! if you get nowhere with the raspberry pi then I'd suggest trying to install the rockusbdrivers again, either on your win7 or win8 machine - you don't need the adb drivers to do this

Guest Codmadnesspro

Just before the movie is nearly finished on the tutorial it said its dangerous to use but what are the risks?

Guest sp1nc3r

Hmm, my hudl is rooted via kingo with various tweaks via android tuner, modaco toolkit and xblast.

The first attempt at the ota update gave no visible errors. I have the new kernel version but the old build number. Google + and chrome would not work and gave 'critical' errors until uninstalled (using android tuner) and reinstalled from the play store. Everything else continued to work as normal and the device is still rooted but the new display settings aren't present.

I was able to go through this process a couple of times with no obvious update errors but no actual build update. I did not have the problem with Google + or chrome on the second or third attempts.

Finally, I decided to undo all of the system tweakstweaks individually, short of unrooting it, and try again. Now the update just fails.

At least the Hudl is still working for the moment. I don't suppose there is much point in doing a factory reset at this point?

Apologies for quoting myself. I just wanted to add an update to this. I have continued to try and update with no success.

I have noticed that, when the update fails, if you press the 'volume up' button you go into the system recovery screen which shows some details of the failure. At the moment my cause of failure appears to be, "assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/chrome.apk..." which is just weird.

I'd be interested in seeing the messages that occur where other people are having update failures.

Guest flurry

Apologies for quoting myself. I just wanted to add an update to this. I have continued to try and update with no success.

I have noticed that, when the update fails, if you press the 'volume up' button you go into the system recovery screen which shows some details of the failure. At the moment my cause of failure appears to be, "assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/chrome.apk..." which is just weird.

I'd be interested in seeing the messages that occur where other people are having update failures.

you've not changed chrome in any way I take it?

Guest kiteboywales

Well Ive had no luck getting out of this loop yet - to add to the issues Im running Windows 8.1 64bit 

I have installed drivers in the past but I remember it being a pain to get working

So I think I may leave for now and try on a virtual windows 7 machine tomorrow (baby is taking up a lot of time at the moment!!)

Guest flurry

Well Ive had no luck getting out of this loop yet - to add to the issues Im running Windows 8.1 64bit 

I have installed drivers in the past but I remember it being a pain to get working

So I think I may leave for now and try on a virtual windows 7 machine tomorrow (baby is taking up a lot of time at the moment!!)

if you're going to the effort of using a virtual machine then I'd suggest maybe creating a linux virtual machine to avoid having the driver problem

Guest kiteboywales

if you're going to the effort of using a virtual machine then I'd suggest maybe creating a linux virtual machine to avoid having the driver problem

Ok will try that!