[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Alright. This time I briefly checked WiFi and it is definitely working for me. Same goes with Tethering.

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/96918841/file.html

Let me know how the performance of this build is. I tried hard to increase it, although the UI doesn't feel the same than on 31.05. build. Maybe some additional compiler flags can fix this.

EDIT (additional performance patches): http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/67703498/file.html

EDIT2 (download this kernel build and you will definitely want a baby from me :D) http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/87420607/file.html

Edited by Guest

Guest Domino2115

The kernel 20140512 performance.zip was great, a bit faster/smoother than version from 31th of may, now going to test build from "edit 2".

Edited by Domino2115

Guest Romagnolo1973

testing kernel from edit2 also know as "the baby"  :D

Wifi working perfectly, mp3 working great, other thing seems fast and stable

Guest Ranx91

Testing the EDIT 2 build on slimstock with ondemand governor and deadline as a I/O ;with the minimum frequency of 196 mhz.

Is a bit laggy,nothing to worry about...but is not fast as the 31/05 build!!!

Guest fonz93

Testing the EDIT 2 build on slimstock with ondemand governor and deadline as a I/O ;with the minimum frequency of 196 mhz.

Is a bit laggy,nothing to worry about...but is not fast as the 31/05 build!!!

use 320 mhz, as ondemand governor is optimized for this minimum frequency

Guest davef7

I flash the edit2 version, but the phone freeze at the start on the huawei logo.

I have huawei g330 (same hardware of y300) with a porting of fusionX, but before i used other kernel like the old version of synopsis or the cexstel and they always work. What's the problem with this version?

Sorry for the annoy

Edit: the 31/5 stable version works without problem. Maybe it was only an error with 12/6, i'll make another attempt...

Edited by davef7

The "problem" is that I disabled support for any other devices than y300/g510. So your G330 doesn't get recognized anymore during boot. I didn't think of anyone would seriously use this kernel on an G330. I might revert those changes :>

I removed the whole input-touch-boost code from OnDemand which was intended to detect touch events and bump the frequency. That's not a feature which is really useful at all. If you just write something for example, then you don't want to waste energy needlessly running on max frequency all of the time.

I might instead going to add an CPU boost driver from CodeAurora again, which bumps the frrequency to max for a few milliseconds until the govenor kicks in and can take approliate decisions.

Guest davef7

The "problem" is that I disabled support for any other devices than y300/g510. So your G330 doesn't get recognized anymore during boot. I didn't think of anyone would seriously use this kernel on an G330. I might revert those changes :>

:D Instead someone uses it... Furthermore the g330 have Cm 11 and Slimkat, so it would be nice to be able to continue to use it also on these rom...

Thanks!

Guest Vule991

@moddingg33k When you will add patch for FM radio? Thanks in advance.

Today's version of kernel is awesome. 

Edited by Vule991

I'm currently working on fixing this *possible 3D performance regression*. The FrameBuffer handling might not be perfectly at the moment.

EDIT: attempted to fix 3D performance...let me know if something changed: http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/42141219/file.html

EDIT2: first tests with AnTuTu show an *noticeable* increased overall score.

(sry, no G330 support re-added yet neither updated the radio drivers)

Edited by Guest