[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

@spanitzer: serveral attempts to extract EGL libs from other roms didn't have any positive effects ... that means if those attempts didn't result into a bootloop at all (es gibt zwar aktuellere EGL bibliotheken, aber in den meisten fällen hat es nichts gebracht diese zu extrahieren).

This kernel is doomed in some way.

Following upgrade attempts failed already:

• bluetooth (BLUEZ) --> after upgrade everytime I enabled bluetooth the kernel paniced
  • eMMC (nand) --> device didn't boot at all

We got an 3.4 kernel which is asynchronous from linux's 3.4 kernel and got additionally "customized" (modified!) by CodeAurora AND Huawei at the same time. On top of this Huawei uses to create "universal" kernels which suits for many different devices.

A funny thing is: on their flagships they still use an 3.0.8 kernel.

And something which p*sses me really off: those kernel sources available for download on Huawei's website are NOT those they use internally for B199/B200 for example.

It's not that Huawei doesn't have good developers. But I fear their top developers are working on higher priced devices.

Cheap device --> "cheap personal" ^^ (if you get what I'm trying to say :P)

Guest juanpablocastillo

Too bad it is not possible to update the drivers kgsl without many mistakes. Maybe that hardware acceleration would work in KitKat version. :( :(

Edited by juanpablocastillo

Only if not disabled by the framework.

On MSM7627a boards there is no 2D hardware driver support anyway by the way.

Edited by Guest

Guest ZolaIII

Dont bull$hit moddingg! :P

@H3ROS

Did that ten day's ago directly commenting J1 source not by mail bat as a source comment. This way it's more anonymous & did write in between that if they don't have a "normal" source they should at least provide us with a repository so that we can see merges & correct Kumar's & other people errors.

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest H3ROS

I'd encourage people to contact Huawei and ask them to release an updated Y300/G510 kernel source that fixes audio output over bluetooth when in a call (it outputs audio to the phone rather than the headset or car).

If you've got a G510 then ask them for the kernel source that goes with B200 firmware, or if you've got a Y300 then ask them for the kernel source that goes with the B199 firmware.

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/contact-us/index.htm?tag=email

Faults > Sound exceptions during the call

Or

Complaints > Others

It's important that you mention that the current source is outdated and that a new source is required to fix bugs such as the bluetooth one.

I did have a reply from them saying that my message was forwarded to their technical department, but if more people are demanding an updated source then it might speed things up a little.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest barnir

I'd encourage people to contact Huawei and ask them to release an updated Y300/G510 kernel source that fixes audio output over bluetooth when in a call (it outputs audio to the phone rather than the headset or car).

If you've got a G510 then ask them for the kernel source that goes with B200 firmware, or if you've got a Y300 then ask them for the kernel source that goes with the B199 firmware.

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/contact-us/index.htm?tag=email

Faults > Sound exceptions during the call

Or

Complaints > Others

It's important that you mention that the current source is outdated and that a new source is required to fix bugs such as the bluetooth one.

I did have a reply from them saying that my message was forwarded to their technical department, but if more people are demanding an updated source then it might speed things up a little.

i got an answer almost instantly:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

The open source is under our technical department to make.

Since the procedure is a little more complex, so please kindly be a little patient.

We will keep you informed once available.

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team."

Guest ZolaIII

I told you we would have better results if we actually scared them with "Dire Huawei as you might not be informed bat EU costumers are known as not forgiving ones & you are only one step from closing this market for your products with not supporting either costumers or community!"

It will be a big fall anyway as much as I believe my analytical capabilities as they are losing home market, they are banned from USA market & gees what India is turning more to the Broadcom in the future.

They just groved up to big to fast!

Guest spanitzer

Moddingg du hast doch irgendwelche Adreno Sachen geupdatet. Sind die in deinem letzten Kernel enthalten? Läuft der Kernel mit 100 oder 200hz?

Guest juanpablocastillo

Mmm...

Maybe the freedreno drivers, bit I think that integrate that in the kernel is too much complex than upgrade the adreno kernel drivers. ;)

Guest ZolaIII

How about that you add the URL instead of screen snapshot?

& yes their are public K.K. A2xx binary blobs & they are available for more then two months on Qualcomm developer site. Reason why they are available is adreno 302 as it's actually rebranded A2xx & it uses A2xx drivers naturally bat even this is at the end of life spin as Snapdragon 200 & 400 series are now considered outdated.

To cut the long story short for those drivers to work you need to mach all related kernel infrastructure with one described with what drivers where tested and this is probably not possible as we still can't match our kernel with main 3.4 Code Aurora CAF.

Guest porozex

Bootloop, i tested. It requires more work for developers.

our kernel is fked up by huawei maybe thats why it dosent work :S

Guest fonz93

I am sure that this build.prop line: " debug.hwc.dynThreshold=1.9" can fix some graphics glitches, as i am using it to fix glitches and ghost effects in CSR Racing and it works 100%

Guest porozex

I am sure that this build.prop line: " debug.hwc.dynThreshold=1.9" can fix some graphics glitches, as i am using it to fix glitches and ghost effects in CSR Racing and it works 100%

and what composition type you use dyn? or mdp with dyn?

Edited by porozex

Guest fonz93

After many configurations i can say that the only line needed for composition and with the best performance is "debug.composition.type=dyn", i tried until yesterday to use the other lines such as debug.composition8x25 etc.., i dont use them anymore as are not needed if you use "debug.composition.type"

Edited by fonz93