[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest Jairus1998

I like the kernel very much. Thanks for your hard work. Need one favor, can you add some governs on you kernel. I would like the interactiveX and Overclocked GPU. 

Guest Romagnolo1973

I like the kernel very much. Thanks for your hard work. Need one favor, can you add some governs on you kernel. I would like the interactiveX and Overclocked GPU. 

Difference between Interactive that is included and interactive x are small, plus all this governors was created in the single core era, so now with duble, quad and even octa core they are oldies. better stay in Ondemand

Some test made by modding demonstrate that overclock the gpu decrease the performance so is useless.

Modding33k: testing your last nightly, seems good but is realy hard wake up my Y300, it was needed 10 or more push on the on/off button to see the block screen appearing. Governor Ondemand + Deadline

Revert back to 24july version that for me is your best synopsis at the moment

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest fonz93

Well, i had the problem of waking up the phone too, just right now, i couldn't wake up my phone and i had to pull the battery, this is the first time that happened, never had wake up issues, i have activated 60 mb zram and frandom, nothing more

Edited by fonz93

Guest ZolaIII

Interactive will scale frequency up more aggressive so it could have a small positive effect on performance.

On what build you had walking up problem Fons?

Guest Romagnolo1973

Me with last nightly posted in the night and I use AOSP rom, i forgot to mention this.

In addiction to the wakeup problem when i was able to wake up and stay in lookscreen I have a strange issue, the lockscreen disappear slowly with a pulldown black effect untill it was completly black and phone not responding at all.

Just in case this could help

Guest ZolaIII

I (we) had wake up problem sometimes with experimental one it took time to wake up bat eventually always did. With last stable one didn't had this problem yet.

Lock screen disappearing act is probably tied to that it didn't wake up & it whose timed to go back in early suspend again...

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest ZolaIII

Did anyone tried/ tested UKMS with idiotic things like Facebook (or Facebook app)?

Or something like that that uses heap pile of memory.

You can easily monitor KmsZeroPage usage with Performance Control app in memory settings→memory usage.

Guest Domino2115

Did anyone tried/ tested UKMS with idiotic things like Facebook (or Facebook app)?

Or something like that that uses heap pile of memory.

You can easily monitor KmsZeroPage usage with Performance Control app in memory settings→memory usage.

U mean facebook messenger too?

Guest Domino2115

Yes one or other. You can monitor & set it up with performance control (UKSM) very nicely. Or something else that eats memory as hell.

post-1030873-14083598254578_thumb.jpg Thats right?

I seem to have a "magic ROM" which is fail proof against such issues. I'm always testing the kernel for a while before uploading. :D

Going to take a look when I'm at home.

Guest fonz93

Well, because we are all using AOSP MOD, i'll try to use a personal B209 Stock ROM to see if the issues are still there or are causeùd by the ROM part

Is not suggested to use KSM/UKSM with zRAM or SWAP, right?

Edited by fonz93

Guest thetonyxx

autonomy ROM?

autonomy, not "autonomy ROM"  :)

50% battery after 12 days? WTF? huh.pnghuh.pnghuh.png

yes, only 2g no internet, used as an alarm clock in the morning and rare calls :D

Sometimes it's a tough challenge to maintain compatibility across several ROMs, since I don't know what the ROM publishers did do with it.

Read this for example: [bUG] Property: persist.sys.ui.hw. There might be a couple more of such stuff which can lead to unpredictable issues.

I've just done what most users tend to do: downloaded the kernel ZIP, flashed it on recovery-mode and reboot. Until now I cannot re-produce those described symptoms. The kernel seems to work fine on a B199 "stock ROM" so far.

I'd need the help of the ROM dev's for further debugging.

Edited by Guest

Most of the governors you might have read about are quite deprecated. They did their job back in the days with the old standard OnDemand governor. But none of them can catch up to the version of OnDemand with integrated updates from current Linux mainline.

OnDemandX for example is just a fork of and older original OnDemand version with some minor changes done to it.

Guest luca020400

Can i add the new experimental feature ( build.prop ) in the last stable build ??

I trie but the rom doesn't start

Edited by luca020400

Guest thetonyxx

OnDemandX for example is just a fork of and older original OnDemand version with some minor changes done to it.

in my tablet whit mediatek Soc, original software + root default governator hotplug governetor work nice

is possibile added hotplug for y300?

Edited by thetonyxx