[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Can you link the xda thread? just to be sure that the author didn't modify nothing, thank you

Here is a link to the post from which I downloaded the rom. From there you can have a look at the thread. :)

I wouldn't be suprised, if it is even Huawei's purpose to "throttle" their low-budget-devices. If you could get an top performing phone and you should be happy with it ... why should you spend money on another, maybe more expensive, one? This might also be one of the reasons, why they don't share the REAL kernel sources, which is getting used for kernels being shipped by those UPDATE.APP's.

I think that LG didn't update EGL libs at all... egl.cfg still shows "0 1 adreno200", but since android 4.4 qualcomm switched to "0 1 adreno".

Edited by fonz93

No big deal to patch it in.

Just stay a little bit patient. I've finally found Qualcomm's sources for MSM8625 platform, which Huawei used as well for this device. I've merged in Huawei's changes and compiled it. It's running and WiFI & Bluetooth are working too. I've even managed to get more recent Bluetooth driver working. Huawei decided to revert back to much older drivers to accomplish this.

Guest luca020400

:D :D :D :D :D

Double double post hahahaha My browser

No big deal to patch it in.

Just stay a little bit patient. I've finally found Qualcomm's sources for MSM8625 platform, which Huawei used as well for this device. I've merged in Huawei's changes and compiled it. It's running and WiFI & Bluetooth are working too. I've even managed to get more recent Bluetooth driver working. Huawei decided to revert back to much older drivers to accomplish this.

Where ??

Edited by luca020400

@luca: www.codeaurora.org

I've picked Qualcomm's M8625SSNSKMLYA* baseline. The kernel is running fine so far. Bluetooth, WiFi, camer and sensors are working as expected. Currently I'm testing the kernel together with Zola. I'll try to merge as less changes done by Huawei as possible.

Qualcomm got a baseline for quad core targets, which is more up-2-date than the branch Huawei picked for Y300. I've merged in all patches, which weren't explicitly meant for quad-core target, but also apply to our platform.

Guest luca020400

@luca: www.codeaurora.org

I've picked Qualcomm's M8625SSNSKMLYA* baseline. The kernel is running fine so far. Bluetooth, WiFi, camer and sensors are working as expected. Currently I'm testing the kernel together with Zola. I'll try to merge as less changes done by Huawei as possible.

Qualcomm got a baseline for quad core targets, which is more up-2-date than the branch Huawei picked for Y300. I've merged in all patches, which weren't explicitly meant for quad-core target, but also apply to our platform.

Thanks ;)

I know the our kernel is at codeaiurora.org

Hey @moddingg33k

My friend have a Lava Iris X1 which Runs Android 4.4.2 KK in 3.10.y kernel and when i look for free RAM in that device it was ~600MB of 1GB

I really was amazed....and it was after installing all apps(He don't use greenify at all) and running a few (whatsapp etc)

Is the 3.10.y Kernel did the trick or was it Kitkat :huh:

I ask you since you are the Kernel Guy :)

A 3.10 kernel would do a lot of "tricks" ... unfortunately our board (MSM7627a) is too old for that kernel version. 1GB of RAM surely helps out a lot compared to our poor 512 MB. There is not much room for memory savings on Y300/G510.