[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

• 2 weeks later...

I've dropped the developement for this device, since it isn't worth the time and effort. The more time you spend developing, the less you see any light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm waiting for an affordable device, running on an Linux 3.10+ kernel and with Android 5+ on it. Kernel development for 3.10+ kernels is more straightforward. Devices being shipped with such an kernel will show much better performance and drain less battery, then any device with equal hardware running on a 3.4 kernel.

Currently only the Nexus 6 would meet this criterias. But it's too expensive, yet. Hope more devices will follow with affordable prices.

Guest luca020400

I've dropped the developement for this device, since it isn't worth the time and effort. The more time you spend developing, the less you see any light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm waiting for an affordable device, running on an Linux 3.10+ kernel and with Android 5+ on it. Kernel development for 3.10+ kernels is more straightforward. Devices being shipped with such an kernel will show much better performance and drain less battery, then any device with equal hardware running on a 3.4 kernel.

Currently only the Nexus 6 would meet this criterias. But it's too expensive, yet. Hope more devices will follow with affordable prices.

Welcome back

*and bigger XD

Guest juanpablocastillo

Welcome back moddingg, and thanks for all.

Guest Romagnolo1973

If that's true, I'd really consider buying an MotoG (2014) and work on a custom 3.10 kernel for this device.

welcome back, and yes Moto G 2014 (but 2013 is the same soc) with 5.1 testing release use kernel 3.10

http://www.smartdroid.de/moto-g-mit-android-5-1-und-3-10er-kernel-aufgetaucht/

To tell the truth there is another device that seems using 3.10.28 kernel but .... is Huawei Y550 with Kitkat that will never reach lollipop, ehehe better don't remember this brand no more

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest luca020400

welcome back, and yes Moto G 2014 (but 2013 is the same soc) with 5.1 testing release use kernel 3.10

http://www.smartdroid.de/moto-g-mit-android-5-1-und-3-10er-kernel-aufgetaucht/

To tell the truth there is another device that seems using 3.10.28 kernel but .... is Huawei Y550 with Kitkat that will never reach lollipop, ehehe better don't remember this brand no more

Nha this is a fake photo XD

Is the Android ONE Kernel XD

Guest juanpablocastillo

Nha this is a fake photo XD

Is the Android ONE Kernel XD

Luca, is "nah", no "nha". :P Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest Jairus1998

Guest Jairus1998

post-1032500-0-85759900-1424248623_thumb

If that's true, I'd really consider buying an MotoG (2014) and work on a custom 3.10 kernel for this device.

If you work on 3.10 kernel on Moto G ! I bet someone someday port it to my device ! It's Xiaomi Redmi 1S with same brach advanced soc with less than half of the price :D (msm8228 uses same caf branch as msm8226) We've CM11 build running on Caf built kernel :)

Always owe you :)

waiting for MiUi 6 on march to get released :D

Edit:-Oh Yeah you can also consider this device :)

Edited by SH3H1

Hi moddingg, i find this source pretty usable and with no problems (still testing it): https://github.com/moddingg33k/android_kernel_synopsis, , why didn't you publish it before dropping? did you get some troubles?

As you know for sure, there are different versions of the Y300 (Y300-0100, ...-0200, ...-A1, ...J1). Huawei never released the kernel sources for the Y300-0100 model, neither did they provide the source code for the ATH6KL WiFi module.

I've been regularly running into different kinds of trouble. The MSM7627A platform seems to be doomed happy.png

As you know for sure, there are different versions of the Y300 (Y300-0100, ...-0200, ...-A1, ...J1). Huawei never released the kernel sources for the Y300-0100 model, neither did they provide the source code for the ATH6KL WiFi module.

I've been regularly running into different kinds of trouble. The MSM7627A platform seems to be doomed happy.png

Yes, i now understand why sometimes you got wi-fi broken even using prebuilt wi-fi modules... i experienced that too recently.. it's a really annoying thing

• 2 weeks later...