[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest Romagnolo1973

I have experienced some issue with screen wake up (5 seconds delay) when i push on\off with the normal stable kernel you posted some days ago and issue not present flashing cexstel kernel, but seems solved with last kernel (ondemand revisited). Delay could be caused by my GPU setting 192mhz? I don't know but with last update everithing seems ok and faster at the moment. I'm still testing.

Guest H3ROS

I too noticed a delay from time to time, but I wasn't sure if it was kernel related. I thought that maybe it was just my on button not registering sometimes.

If you add the GPU OC then please add the CPU OC. Of course you can limit the default maximum, but allow that to be changed via an init.d script. I'll also send you a private message about one other thing.

New Nightlys:

GPU+CPU overlock:  http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/34664227/file.html

GPU overclock only: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o9twty21djljqb9/kernel_y300_stock_20140528_GPU_OC_only.zip

• refined and updated OnDemand again
  • OCed GPU (320 Mhz) and CPU (1048 Mhz)
  • small bugfixes for GPU's power control

EDIT: removed CPU overclock again for now due of bugs

Edited by Guest

Guest H3ROS

Awesome as always :) +1

Just installed it, but it's not listing 1048 MHz as an option. Does it need to be set via a script?

Edited by H3ROS

Well, for me it showed 1048 Mhz (GPU+CPU overlock version). But the cpuclock table is broken. You cannot overclock this board that easily, else you end up in a fight with MSM8625's dynamic reprogramming feature.

I'm fine with the GPU OC only version too. The UI is really smooth and responsive. That's more important than some extra 40 Mhz cpu frequency to me :P

Edited by Guest

Guest ZolaIII

only brings the GPU oc or more of the above features is the GPU?

GPU OC & some new work on ondemand CPU governor.

Should be scaling between frequencies nicer more use middle frequencies less fire up second core & save some battery.

Guest bogdanwp

I too noticed a delay from time to time, but I wasn't sure if it was kernel related. I thought that maybe it was just my on button not registering sometimes.

If you add the GPU OC then please add the CPU OC. Of course you can limit the default maximum, but allow that to be changed via an init.d script. I'll also send you a private message about one other thing.

About this , my power button also developed problems , unrelated from what roms i use and without dropping / wearing out / etc of the phone. Maybe it`s the quality of the button :D

Where available , try registering volume buttons as power mode and see if there`s a difference in delay / responsiveness. I always use those instead of power button.

Edited by bogdanwp

Guest ZolaIII

Bogdane under ondemand CPU governor set the input_boost_frequency to 480000 Hz.

& try to be a little more serious! :D

Ask for the ROM developers to put double tap unlock as its completely rewritten again it should work good. Save the buttons! ;) :)

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest ako0

Double-Tap-2-Wake needs kernel support.

Fonz is the rom developper and you are the kernel developer, maybe you both can bring this feature :D

There are APPs which try to achieve the same without kernel support. Here is an example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.maicas.android.wsleep&hl=de

There's one disadvantage of those DoubleTap-2-Wake/Seep-2-Wake features: I would have to modify the display driver to prevent it from going into deep sleep state. Usually interrupts are getting disabled, when devices went sleeping. On that way it's not possible to wake up the system from this state.

As you already correctly supposed: battery drain goes slightly up with such an feature. Some people say their battery drain while sleeping got increased by 1-2% per hour on sleep.

My current deepsleep drain is less than 1% an hour. So this feature would cut off my standby time by ~50%

Edited by Guest

Guest thetonyxx

Do you use an APP or an script to initialize ZRAM?

yes, i try performace controll and init.d but zram dimension dont change, after reboot value return to default

I found a source code on which way this APP trys to enable ZRAM: https://github.com/horn3t/PerformanceControl/blob/jb2/assets/run

It looks fine, although it's assuming 2 ZRAM devices if you got 2 CPU cores. That's not an big issue, you only need to set ZRAM's disksize to 200% of the value you want, because we only got 1 device (due of hotplugging and the 2nd core being offline most of the time).

You might probably wanna try another APP: https://www.google.com/search?q=playstore+zram

Edited by Guest

Guest thetonyxx

You might probably wanna try another APP: https://www.google.c...=playstore zram

i try all zram app, but dont works, show only zram usage

but i solved whit performace controll, i set zram a 60%, i install latest kernel and at rebook zram is enable at 30% and performace controll show 60%

I think because you have set zram 1 to 1 core, unlike synopsis beta 2

This change has caused problems with zram size

Guest kannasbor0

Hi!

Moddingg33k, if u want to develop a kernel for cm10.1, I suggest u to take a look at joestone's sources.

His kernel uses hotplugging by default with any governor, supports NFC, and do some magical with the GPU. :)

The UI is smooth, the games are fast.

Also there's a developer on xda, called davidmore, who made our phone recording in 720p, I tried it, not fake, and with that kernel we have 413 MBs of RAM.

If you could build a kernel with correct GPU performance, swap, zram, and a bit more RAM, I'll use it, till my phone will die. ;)

Ps.: I don't want to bother u, I respect your work, I only want to share tips with you. :)

Guest fonz93

Also there's a developer on xda, called davidmore, who made our phone recording in 720p

This because he used FusionX as ROM base (he didn't say that) and tillaz modified media-profiles and motorola camera to support 720p recording, indeed, if you use FusionX you will have 720 recording (with low fps), is not a kernel thing

Edited by fonz93

Ps.: I don't want to bother u, I respect your work, I only want to share tips with you. smile.png

Don't worry, i respect your opinion ;) and thank you for your feedback happy.png

Guest Domino2115

I was recording with camera the first video recorded okay but when I tried to recording video again phone freeze and I had to pull out battery and reboot.