[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

What you saw on my GIT is just a 1st attempt of a task which involves a lot of work.

Upgrading the KGSL drivers for our Adreno 200 isn't possible/useful without updating other subsystems at the same time: IOMMU, ION, Framebuffers, DMA, … …

And there is no guarantee that the device will even work after those updates.

Zola3 is currently testing the KGSL patches and reported some graphic glitches.

For me everything is working fine though :)

Current -experimental- state of progress --> Download: http://www77.zippyshare.com/v/49045835/file.html

I'm rather lazy to write a complete changelog. I'm sry blush.png

Briefly said:

• kernel is temporary downgraded to 3.4.0 (that makes upgrading the kernel source code easier for me)
  • ROW scheduler got finally add
  • some google drivers for android are updated like LowMemoryKiller
  • and I enabled google's hardware/software sync driver (whatever it might be good for. google claims that it syncs devices like GPU with the SoC)
  • a lot fixed and patches to improve UI feeling and overall performance (AnTuTu benchmark loves my changes so far biggrin.png - scores are @ 7500+ and up. Zola even reached 8000+ one time due of his personal kernel and ROM tweaks)
Edited by Guest

Guest H3ROS

I just did a quick test to see if it has the same bug as my own modded CeXstel kernel and it does unfortunately.

Basically calls done via a stereo bluetooth headset don't get routed to the headset correctly. They do with the stock kernel though. The reason could be how it's compiled, changes to the ramdisk or it could be because Huawei hasn't released an updated source for our devices that includes the bluetooth fixes. I've not yet gone through everything to try to fix this, but I'll update you if I find a solution.

Edited by H3ROS

I doubt Huawei released the latest source code they are internally working with theirselfs.

It doesn't even instantly compile.

Did you integrate the UHID, too, by chance?

Guest fonz93

@moddingg33k, with new version you don't provide libs in lib/modules but the updater-script still delete them, are modules included in the kernel?

Oh, "ops" blush.png . On uploads for testers I use to not include the libs everytime, as they aren't required for anything. Neither by the kernel, nor by the ROM.

Most of them are for debugging and tests.

[...] The reason could be how it's compiled

Sometimes the compiler's version and the used flags can cause bugs. But if you are in doubt, you should try to use Google's 4.6 NDK toolchain, compiling the kernel with CONFIG_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE=y and without adding any other flags.

changes to the ramdisk or it could be because Huawei hasn't released an updated source for our devices that includes the bluetooth fixes.

The ramdisk can't be the reason, because I extracted it from the B199 stock kernel.

It's kind of "amazing" that it works on Huawei's stock kernel.

Guest H3ROS

I made no UHID changes. Later today I'll see if I can get it compiled the same as the stock since I know exactly what toolchain Huawei used for B200.

The ramdisk was a guess, since I know that's changed slightly with the CeXstel kernel. As you've not changed it much though then that's a little worrying as that leaves just the compiler flags or Huawei simply hasn't included the bluetooth fix in their source. And of course if it's a source issue that might be very hard to fix since we've got no idea what Huawei would of changed.

Guest juanpablocastillo

Any progress in the upgrade for the adreno kernel drivers?

EDIT: Or the other subsystems(ION, IONMU, Framebuffer, etc.)?

Sorry for annoying.

Edited by juanpablocastillo

Unfortunately no. There were graphical glitches on the UI after upgrading the A2xx related KGSL kernel module.

I don't know how far I can upgrade those kernel drivers at all without us being forced to upgrade the libs on our ROM at the same time too (which isn't possible afaik).

Guest juanpablocastillo

Unfortunately no. There were graphical glitches on the UI after upgrading the A2xx related KGSL kernel module.

I don't know how far I can upgrade those kernel drivers at all without us being forced to upgrade the libs on our ROM at the same time too (which isn't possible afaik).

What type of "graphical glitches"?

Maybe the libs of other phones that have an Adreno 2xx GPU series (not specifically a device with the Adreno 203 GPU

Guest juanpablocastillo

) can solve those glitches, like the libs of the Motorola RAZR M or the Samsung S3 Sprint. Typically, the libs works in GPUs of the same series (200,300).

After applying this commit https://github.com/moddingg33k/android_kernel_huawai_Y300-J1/commit/85e575e0531b2625d746ae8d13847b7e56ae21de there were graphical artifacts around the area you just touched. It only happened once in a while and it seemed like only 2D graphics were affected so far.

I've revert that commit and those issues were gone.

No one needs to worry. I didn't publish the faulty build ;)

No chance. That's a too complex change :P

I'd rather prefer to cherry-pick the important patches only. Most newer commits are primary targeted to the A3xx and A4xx series anyway and won't benefit to our A203 I think.

Unfortunately the KGLS (kernel graphic layer support) drivers depend on other subsystems like IOMMU, ION, etc ... once you touch the KGLS drivers you are forced to patch the other drivers too. And if you update ION for example there are other multimedia drivers which requires to be updated as well. No matter what you touch, it start's a huge chain-reaction :D

Guest spanitzer

Sorry english guys.

Hallo moddingg33k

Hätte mal ne Frage. Die Android 4.2.2 Grafiktreiber gab es für Adreno 2xx und Adreno 3xx. Das war eine Datei. Dann könnte man ja die aktuellen Adreno 3xx für die Adreno 2xx nehmen oder? Wäre es sonst möglich die benötigten Dateien aus den Adreno 3xx Treibern zu nehmen? Könntest du eine ROM builden mit geupdateten Treibern und Synapsis Kernel?