[DEV][ROM][1.8.] CAF Firefox OS - B2G

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Konstat, have you got any tuto on how to do to use your files on git to update the build?

thx

There's always been a 'how to build' guide on my github readme. :o

It's only missing the part of applying patches from the patches directory.
Copy patches from the subdirs to a project directory of a same name and apply with
git am -3 patchname.patch
Following that guide will produce fastboot flashable images that match the build from the OP.

Guest h2o64

Hi KonstaT !

I've seen your awesome work on this ROM two months ago.

I'm currently working on Ubuntu Touch for falcon and I saw you built one already.

But we have a bootloop problem ... FM ? Or qcom/media problems ? I don't know... But you may know ?

Would you work with us on this project ?

Thanks again for this unbelievable ROM :D

PS : Does it worthing it to use CAF sources for Ubuntu Touch ?

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT !

I've seen your awesome work on this ROM two months ago.

I'm currently working on Ubuntu Touch for falcon and I saw you built one already.

But we have a bootloop problem ... FM ? Or qcom/media problems ? I don't know... But you may know ?

Would you work with us on this project ?

Thanks again for this unbelievable ROM :D

PS : Does it worthing it to use CAF sources for Ubuntu Touch ?

Afaik there is no KitKat based Ubuntu Touch besides for Nexus 5. There's certainly not enough hardware support for msm8226 in AOSP. You don't have any other option than to base it on CAF (or CM11, it's going to be hacked together either way).

I'm not interested in taking part in that project. I have one other project in store for Moto G later though. ;)

Guest h2o64

Afaik there is no KitKat based Ubuntu Touch besides for Nexus 5. There's certainly not enough hardware support for msm8226 in AOSP. You don't have any other option than to base it on CAF (or CM11, it's going to be hacked together either way).

I'm not interested in taking part in that project. I have one other project in store for Moto G later though. ;)

Ubuntu Touch (utopic) is based on Android 4.4.2.

Thanks you very much for your answer, I'll try using CAF instead of CM11.

What's your other project?

Guest Droider007

what project sir.....plzz tell us....is it something different and unique??

Guest KonstaT

What's your other project?

what project sir.....plzz tell us....is it something different and unique??

It's too soon to talk about it. I haven't even started yet and I can't promise it will even become something worth releasing. But it's something very different for sure. ;)

Currently my priority is to bring up CyanogenMod on another device I recently purchased.

Guest h2o64

It's too soon to talk about it. I haven't even started yet and I can't promise it will even become something worth releasing. But it's something very different for sure. ;)

Currently my priority is to bring up CyanogenMod on another device I recently purchased.

By the way, there is a new Firefox CAF msm8226 release isn't ?

Guest KonstaT

By the way, there is a new Firefox CAF msm8226 release isn't ?

Yes, it seems there was one yesterday. Back to 3.5 tags after that one strange 3.4 tag...

Guest KonstaT

You'll update the actual build?

Don't have the time to do it. It's somewhere on my todo list after porting CM11 to my new toy and before starting any other new projects.

Guest h2o64

Don't have the time to do it. It's somewhere on my todo list after porting CM11 to my new toy and before starting any other new projects.

What's your new device? (I'm curious :3)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DustArma

I just tried the latest build on my Moto G XT1032 and it works rather well, everything seems to work except for the camera, even USB OTG works.

Other than the camera the only issues I could notice are that the light sensor is too sensitive to small changes and the home button uses the wrong icon, it should be a circle button.

Guest KonstaT

... and the home button uses the wrong icon, it should be a circle button.

It has the right icon, it just turns into a circle button when pressed. There's a wrong icon in the screenshots because they're taken with home + power key combo (so home key was pressed at the time). ;)

Guest KonstaT
So a little update. I just made a build from the same CAF tag as my ZTE Open C build is based on. Unfortunately it's not something worth releasing.

Camera still doesn't work. Same issue with sensorservice timing out. There must be some strange permission/etc Motorola camera proprietaries require because camera works fine on my Open C build.

Wifi tethering is now broken. This was expected though.

Most annoying thing is that the display unblanking doesn't work. So when display once goes off, it never comes back on again. It's going to require quite some work to bring the kernel inline with up-to-date display HALs currently used (or hack a build using e.g. CM's display HALs).

Plan was to get the common B2G sources unified for both devices so other msm8610/msm8226 devices could easily join in as well. We'll see how that plays out with this device requiring a lot more hacking than the other. ;)

Guest Droider007

So a little update. I just made a build from the same CAF tag as my ZTE Open C build is based on. Unfortunately it's not something worth releasing.

Camera still doesn't work. Same issue with sensorservice timing out. There must be some strange permission/etc Motorola camera proprietaries require because camera works fine on my Open C build.

Wifi tethering is now broken. This was expected though.

Most annoying thing is that the display unblanking doesn't work. So when display once goes off, it never comes back on again. It's going to require quite some work to bring the kernel inline with up-to-date display HALs currently used (or hack a build using e.g. CM's display HALs).

Plan was to get the common B2G sources unified for both devices so other msm8610/msm8226 devices could easily join in as well. We'll see how that plays out with this device requiring a lot more hacking than the other. ;)

good for dual sim users?

http://www.gsmarena.com/spice_fire_one_mifx_1_is_a_firefox_os_smartphone_for_38-news-9449.php

Edited by Droider007

Guest mehtab

I have a problem with sound not working some time after boot. Ringtones, media and alarm do not have sound at all ! Thank god I had vibration on so I could pick up a call.

Guest KonstaT

I have a problem with sound not working some time after boot. Ringtones, media and alarm do not have sound at all ! Thank god I had vibration on so I could pick up a call.

Don't try to use the camera when you very well know it's not working. It crashes all media/audio services and you need a reboot to recover. There's nothing wrong with audio besides that afaik.

Did anyone btw test the new build on a xt1033? Would someone finally bother sending some logs if RIL is still not working?