Cartoons HD.

Guest wards5150

Guest wards5150

I have recently started using Cartoons HD app. Its basically a free site for films and TV series downloads. Its a great site with a lot of content. So use it will its still around.

My issue is with video playback. It wont stream on our phone. But video playback on downloads is very slow and the sound is out is sync.

I have tried the same files on an old android tablet and it plays flawlessly.

I have tried numerous video players off the play store with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest george109

The G300 cant really handle HD video. It's GPU is too weak. That's probably why the sound is out of sync. Maybe if you try MX player with SW decoder or use a lower quality. Otherwise all you can do is get a new phone, or try a GB ROM

Guest rhen

I experience the same with videos larger than 800x480.

The problem is (what I see after taken a quick resource on the internet) that MSM7227A can decode video with hardware acceleration only up to WVGA (800x480) resolution.

Any video with larger resolution is decoded with software decoder and our CPU isn't powerful enough for this.

I always convert my videos with Freemake Video Converter to this resolution if I want to watch it on my phone.

Edited by rhen

Guest wards5150

I'll give video converter a go. Been watching films from my SD card on an old tablet. Does the job but it means I have to take two devices with me. Video converter seem to take forever. Cheers for the advice though. Been tempted by the EE Kestrel as a new phone but am waiting for people to root it and add custom ROMs.

Edited by wards5150