[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest squal

update2 already downloaded... but there's no sim tool kit included... my method is wipe dalvic and cache after installing the update....

there something wrong to my method or sim tool kit not compatible to my y300...

Edited by squal

Guest H3ROS

It's there as you'll see it under all programs in the settings, but it might not be compatible. You can only use it on specific networks and mines not compatible so I can't test it.

Guest CyberArtZ

It's there as you'll see it under all programs in the settings, but it might not be compatible. You can only use it on specific networks and mines not compatible so I can't test it.

Yes! Sim tool kit Works fine for me.. 

post-1031740-0-33560200-1403150618_thumb

Guest Jonnel Santiago

@H3ROS

tnxs to this rom..nice work! its fast and smooth...but why is the game performance is laggy... (temple run2 and subway surfer) ill try ur kernel,latest of moddingg33,and ceastel kernel..but its lagg also, only in games.. i did the wipes you mentioned in the 1st post to install this rom....

Guest wator

hi H3ROS,

Thanks, for the rom, looks good! and works also smooth,

sometimes, the systems freeze, and i have to wait.

I’am using the experimental update (2)

So far so good, it's looks a little bite faster, and no major bugs.

One small problem, I can’t get the agenda widget expand to the left or right. only up and down.

I have now 1 row, from the top to the bottom.   

post-1042451-0-85052700-1403165664_thumb

I also want to remove some app's like talk, shuttle, news and  wether.

how is that possible?

and i also want a clock wether widget, wich one is good and free? is there a APK-file ore so?

Greetings

Wouter

Edited by wator

Guest Romagnolo1973

hi H3ROS,

Thanks, for the rom, looks good! and works also smooth,

sometimes, the systems freeze, and i have to wait.

I’am using the experimental update (2)

So far so good, it's looks a little bite faster, and no major bugs.

One small problem, I can’t get the agenda widget expand to the left or right. only up and down.

I have now 1 row, from the top to the bottom.   

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-06-19-10-10-37.png

I also want to remove some app's like talk, shuttle, news and  wether.

how is that possible?

and i also want a clock wether widget, wich one is good and free? is there a APK-file ore so?

Greetings

Wouter

For remove some apps (user and system apps too) you can use SystemCleanup https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SystemCleanup.Inteks.org  but remeber that in case you delete the apps in next rom update you have to repeat the operation. So I prefer freeze those apps and systemcleanup can help for that too

Some free clock & weather widget are presents in playstore, personally my 2 prefered are EZ Meteo and Sense Flip Clock & Weather (in perfect sense style)

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest POmniac

Test Chronus from playstore

Edited by POmniac

Guest rederik75

I'm with update 1. The phone is very smooth most of the time, but sometimes and randomly the screen goes black except for the status bar, and I have to wait tens of sconds for it to turn on again.... I'll try update 2 and see

still laggy also with update 2...

@ Picavjzmen

Likely needed disable Ok Google and then reboot.

@ kevinbartolome

The 720p patch is now in post #2. I might update it at some point though as there's room for improvement.

Thanks. I will try it :-)

Guest wator

For remove some apps (user and system apps too) you can use SystemCleanup https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SystemCleanup.Inteks.org  but remeber that in case you delete the apps in next rom update you have to repeat the operation. So I prefer freeze those apps and systemcleanup can help for that too

Some free clock & weather widget are presents in playstore, personally my 2 prefered are EZ Meteo and Sense Flip Clock & Weather (in perfect sense style)

thanks EZ widget is nice!

SystemCleanup also a good one!

Guest krusty999

Hi,
1. Is there any way to have the original kernel of this rom for flash again to compare with others?

2. Someone test swap file for games?

Guest dus40

The media scanner service might be working in the background. If after 5-10 minutes it's no better then reboot and it should be.

I've tried the update 2 for 1 day, but i found it was too slow sometimes. I didn't got this feeling with original aosb, so i restored my backup and find it better (even if there is some minor bug like caller id and calendar reminde)

Thanks

Guest Picvajzmen

I had that strange lag when playing music, games, browsing in chrome. Then the black screen for a few seconds.. Also, this morning I checked Wakelock detector and saw that phone was awake for 95 or something ℅ of the time. Before the update 1 it was not the case.

post-1026781-14031864124971_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, and battery stats saying that Android OS spent most of the battery. It all happened over the night.

Edited by Picvajzmen

Guest H3ROS

@ Jonnel Santiago

Is the media scanner service working in the background? I've been able to play games such as temple run and dead trigger 2 without any issues.

@ wator

If you click on the widget again you should be given an option to resize.

post-954400-0-74078000-1403188379_thumb.

@ rederik75

Try with the moddingg33k kernel.

@ krusty999

I'll upload it shortly :)

@ barnir

I think you can install terminal emulator and enter this

su
cat /proc/last_kmsg

Or

su
cat /proc/kmsg

@ dus40

You could try backing out of some of the changes. Just delete the following from the update 2 zip.

- The whole bin folder

- The whole lib folder

- Everything from the framework folder apart from services.jar

- Delete Bluetooth.apk and MediaProvider.apk from the app folder

Doing that should fix all app bugs without the audio or bluetooth changes.

By the way, what device are you installing the ROM onto. A Y300 or a G510?

@ StewieTech

I like what it comes with, but some prefer to use Synopsis.

@ Picajzmen

No such issue here. Are you using the Synopsis kernel?

post-954400-0-40658300-1403188370_thumb.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest squal

@H3ros

What kernel do you use to play temple run and dead.drigger2? And what about media scanner.service?? If working in background it means laggy in games? So what i gonna do to disable it..sory for my noob questions...

Guest H3ROS

I use my own kernel and it's been fine for games. Once all ROM bugs have been confirmed as fixed then I'll start working on it again to see if I can make it a little smoother though.

The media scanner service works in the background, indexing all of your music and images. So if you've got a lot on your SD card it can slow things down while it's working in the background.

Guest squal

I use my own kernel and it's been fine for games. Once all ROM bugs have been confirmed as fixed then I'll start working on it again to see if I can make it a little smoother though.

The media scanner service works in the background, indexing all of your music and images. So if you've got a lot on your SD card it can slow things down while it's working in the background.

your kernel is the default kernel in the rom right..ok..got it:) tnxs

Guest Y300-0100

I think you can install terminal emulator and enter this

su
cat /proc/last_kmsg

Or

su
cat /proc/kmsg

H3ROS

What do you think about whole logcat and try to reproduce reboot?

su
cd /mnt/sdcard
logcat > logcat.txt

Guest H3ROS

You could leave it running, but you'd need the space for it on your SD card. It might not even log much of an error since it seems to be a Synopsis kernel issue and it happens randomly.

Guest Picvajzmen

@H3ROS

- about the wakelock detector, il test it again tonight and post the results but I tested it before the update 1 and had no wakeloks. And Im using your kernel.

Guest Victod

Lag in games is caused by the lowmemorykiller settings... I set kernel default values and now my games are running how they should!