[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

@H3ROS: will I still get push notifications if I remove these apks?

It depends on the app. If they require Google Play Services then you won't get push notifications.

Is there a way to set MTP as the default way of connecting to a computer, instead of UMS?

I've not been able to find a way that works for everyone. It'll stay as MTP until you reboot or shutdown, so if you don't reboot or shutdown often then you won't notice the difference.

Guest Takamoto

@H3ROS,your gapps in this rom is the minimal version? I deleted Talk,Exchange,Setup Wizard and Gmail (I use CloudMagic) but I need Google Play Seevice and Google Play for to have push notification. I use greenify donate. I greenifyed all,included play service,playstore,whatsupp,tapatalk ecc..

There are other gapps components that I can eliminate?

I've not been able to find a way that works for everyone. It'll stay as MTP until you reboot or shutdown, so if you don't reboot or shutdown often then you won't notice the difference.

One possibility I could think of, would be writing the desired setting into /data/property/persist.sys.usb.config on every boot, since it seems to get overriden everytime you reboot for some reason.

@H3ROS,your gapps in this rom is the minimal version? I deleted Talk,Exchange,Setup Wizard and Gmail (I use CloudMagic) but I need Google Play Seevice and Google Play for to have push notification. I use greenify donate. I greenifyed all,included play service,playstore,whatsupp,tapatalk ecc..

There are other gapps components that I can eliminate?

It uses stock GAPPS, but it's trimmed down. You've likely already done all you can to free up some memory.

what is better for this rom : SWAP or zRAM ?

People normally prefer zRAM. It's what CM and some other ROM's use by default too.

One possibility I could think of, would be writing the desired setting into /data/property/persist.sys.usb.config on every boot, since it seems to get overriden everytime you reboot for some reason.

Maybe. I've tried stuff with the kernel previously and that worked for my phone, but it didn't work for luca. I then went through the framework and done a search through the whole ROM for anything USB related and I couldn't find what was resetting the setting. I gave up on it in the end because it's not that important and UMS normally works better than MTP anyway.

Guest luca020400

It uses stock GAPPS, but it's trimmed down. You've likely already done all you can to free up some memory.

People normally prefer zRAM. It's what CM and some other ROM's use by default too.

Maybe. I've tried stuff with the kernel previously and that worked for my phone, but it didn't work for luca. I then went through the framework and done a search through the whole ROM for anything USB related and I couldn't find what was resetting the setting. I gave up on it in the end because it's not that important and UMS normally works better than MTP anyway.

Check default.prop

Maybe it contain persist.sys.usb.config flag ( like my moto g )

I've fixed a bug that I found myself when disabling the cameras as an admin. It would cause the SystemUI to force close, rendering the phone unusable. I've also added a low memory build.prop setting that will disable hardware acceleration for some system apps that don't really require it. It doesn't save that much memory but I've kept the option anyway.

I haven't worked on the ROM in a while so if anyone wants to remind me about specific translations then I'll get them added in. Other than that I don't think there's anything to fix?

Guest LotR656

I have a problem, it is not related with this ROM it is my SD card I think. I put my SD card in PC  using card reader and after that I have problem with scanning music and photos. When I use other ROMs that use internal memory as primary everything works fine, but with this ROM it doesn't. Anybody knows how to fix this?

Edited by LotR656

@H3ROS

In the translation I sent you about that power widget menu, i forgot to translate the "Notification drawer" text that displays in settings. Just rename that to: "Ladica obavijesti".

As for other stuff, everything works great. Are you going to upload the update with that ram adjustments you made?

I have a problem, it is not related with this ROM it is my SD card I think. I put my SD card in PC  using card reader and after that I have problem with scanning music and photos. When I use other ROMs that use internal memory as primary everything works fine, but with this ROM it doesn't. Anybody knows how to fix this?

I think it's got something to do with the media scanner. All ROM's based on stock 4.1.1 should behave the same.

There's an xposed media scanner app that might improve things for you. I've never tested it so I can't say for sure if it'll work.

Are you going to upload the update with that ram adjustments you made?

The build.prop setting I mentioned in my post will free up some memory, but not much. Originally it would free up more, but then the launcher and some other important apps become too slow.

@H3ROS can u please remove names in volumes panel in next version?

It's supposed to display the text though. If I was to remove it then if anyone has the expanded audio panel enabled they wouldn't be able to see what they're adjusting correctly.

Guest wbrambley

Decided to have a play with this. I have NFC partially working on this ROM. Card reading works, have successfully read several now. It's doing the opposite of KitKat roms, I haven't got Android Beam working yet!

Decided to have a play with this. I have NFC partially working on this ROM. Card reading works, have successfully read several now. It's doing the opposite of KitKat roms, I haven't got Android Beam working yet!

Originally the ROM was based on B200, so NFC should of worked because B200 was designed for the G510. If it did I don't know though since you posted an NFC patch for the old B200 ROM when I released it.

I've not actually looked at where the Huawei changes for NFC support are. I think it's mostly going to be config changes and maybe a few code changes, but as I can't test any changes myself it makes fixing it almost impossible for me.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest wbrambley

Originally the ROM was based on B200, so NFC should of worked because B200 was designed for the G510. If it did I don't know though since you posted an NFC patch for the old B200 ROM when I released it.

I've not actually looked at where the Huawei changes for NFC support are. I think it's mostly going to be config changes and maybe a few code changes, but as I can't test any changes myself it makes fixing it almost impossible for me.

Thanks, i think that last patch had issues. Will keep working on i it, if I do get it fully working I will try to make a flash zip file, maybe you can add it to your ad-ons.

It wouldn't surprise me if Huawei puts NFC support into one of the APK's and it just runs as a service. That could be all that's missing because I know that the framework already contains NFC code. In fact the Y300 and G510 are built from pretty much the same source, but with a slightly different build config.

You could try the stock Huawei B200 ROM and then delete some of the Huawei apps until NFC support stops working?

Edited by H3ROS

Guest wbrambley

It wouldn't surprise me if Huawei puts NFC support into one of the APK's and it just runs as a service. That could be all that's missing because I know that the framework already contains NFC code. In fact the Y300 and G510 are built from pretty much the same source, but with a slightly different build config.

You could try the stock Huawei B200 ROM and then delete some of the Huawei apps until NFC support stops working?

It is also in the kernel makefile. I added a stock g510 kernel to make it work. I'm thinking it may be NFC is not passing messages correctly or it is not understood by the Bluetooth. I have not really checked yet as I'm working at the moment (lol) but have you made changes with the BT?

It is also in the kernel makefile. I added a stock g510 kernel to make it work. I'm thinking it may be NFC is not passing messages correctly or it is not understood by the Bluetooth. I have not really checked yet as I'm working at the moment (lol) but have you made changes with the BT?

I've made none. Huawei has made changes to bluetooth with almost every new build, so for example the B200 kernel will break bluetooth support for the B209 ROM. They've not released an updated kernel source either so if I want bluetooth to be fully working I have to supply the ROM with the stock kernel.

Guest wbrambley

I've made none. Huawei has made changes to bluetooth with almost every new build, so for example the B200 kernel will break bluetooth support for the B209 ROM. They've not released an updated kernel source either so if I want bluetooth to be fully working I have to supply the ROM with the stock kernel.

Hmmm, guess that means I may need to find a b209 G510 kernel. Wish they would release updated source.