[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest fonz93

Ok thks i will flash md3k's again then with swap coz on this ROM all features work OK , i dont use stereo Bluetooth only sometimes file transfer . I want swap coz when i put all my apps its come little bit laggy :( that lag is 0 on fonz CM 10.1 but he is too angry to fix the mighty unknown video issue and instead of invastigating he is arguing with me on his tread :D idk why.

instead of investigating? i am not your dog, i do what i want, i can even skip you request if i want to, but because i am not stupid, look here, it's your fault if your app is not working:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/373280-jb-422-cyanogenmod-101-rom-19022015/?p=2252517

@H3ROS

sorry for this spam but this guy is really annoying

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

The 128MB swap is recommended, but you can change it. Changing the sizes isn't ideal though as it can actually worsen performance and/or battery life.

You can edit the init.d script in Notepad++ to change the size and the partition. By default the swap file will be created on internal memory, but that can kill off your phone quicker.

With both zRAM and swap I've seen no major performance gains. It's mainly due to the Y300 / G510 being outdated horrible phones.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest ferotakis

The 128MB swap is recommended, but you can change it. Changing the sizes isn't ideal though as it can actually worsen performance and/or battery life.

You can edit the init.d script in Notepad++ to change the size and the partition. By default the swap file will be created on internal memory, but that can kill off your phone quicker.

With both zRAM and swap I've seen no major performance gains. It's mainly due to the Y300 / G510 being outdated horrible phones.

Its now ok in that way

PS EDIT :

For all who asked and soon will be asked the weather widget i use on my phone is it Amber Weather https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.ezweather with material skin https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.ezweather.widget.material :) 

post-1051758-0-23503200-1425488451_thumb

post-1051758-0-26315900-1425488452_thumb

post-1051758-0-18564700-1425488454_thumb

Edited by ferotakis

Guest Takamoto

@H3ROS,please one question are you enabled persist.sys.force_highendgfx in your phone? If I enable this can you tell me right optimizzation set for minifree values? Tnx so much..

Guest andrea2107

@H3ROS,please one question are you enabled persist.sys.force_highendgfx in your phone? If I enable this can you tell me right optimizzation set for minifree values? Tnx so much..

Highendfx is only for KitKat or am i wrong? °_°

Guest krux3r

@H3ROS

After enabling your latest tweak, that one for more ram, there is some kind of delay when exiting apps. For example, I exit browser and it takes 1 2 seconds to get to the launcher. I mean that is not so big deal, but I dont know, it gets on nerves sometimes.

Guest evkol

@evkol try updating to the 28/02 build maybe it will fix the problem.always do a full wipe before flashing

I downloaded the file. Am I forced to wipe everything like when I installed the rom with a full install? Because it would be a lot of time for me to set the smartphone the way I like... how do you manage these little updates in a way you lose the least time possible? Some backup tactic? Or set everything manually from scratch?

Guest H3ROS

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rs.autokiller

Try some of the presets. Maybe aggressive or strict.

Highendfx is only for KitKat or am i wrong? °_°

I backported some features and that's one of them. It enables some extra effects and hardware acceleration in areas, but at the cost of more RAM. I also added an extra setting to do the opposite as it will disable hardware acceleration in even more stock system apps.

@H3ROS

After enabling your latest tweak, that one for more ram, there is some kind of delay when exiting apps. For example, I exit browser and it takes 1 2 seconds to get to the launcher. I mean that is not so big deal, but I dont know, it gets on nerves sometimes.

I can't say that I've noticed this myself. It shouldn't cause any issues because none of the apps you install are effected by the change.

I downloaded the file. Am I forced to wipe everything like when I installed the rom with a full install? Because it would be a lot of time for me to set the smartphone the way I like... how do you manage these little updates in a way you lose the least time possible? Some backup tactic? Or set everything manually from scratch?

You can just flash it through TWRP or CWM. No wipes are needed.

After this update you may need to wait 5-10 mins for the media scanner to rescan your phone and then you just might need to setup any custom ringtones again.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

@H3ROS

I'll try some things then will report back.

But, how can this delay be caused?

Due to low ram maybe, or?

It could be yeah.

I'm currently testing the latest beta version of the Greenify. Got it set to boost mode, all settings enabled (minus the 4.4+ one) and set as a device administrator. It seems to manage things really well.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest krux3r

It could be yeah.

I'm currently testing the latest beta version of the Greenify. Got it set to boost mode, all settings enabled (minus the 4.4+ one) and set as a device administrator. It seems to manage things really well.

Currently I have 86mb free, I think that is not too low isnt it?

Including that deep hibernation too?

Guest H3ROS

I've got 156MB free and that's because I've got lite apps and make use of push notifications. For example rather than using Facebook & Facebook Messenger just use Facebook Lite. Hangouts and Skype don't actually need to have the apps running either as they both use push notifications.

I do have deep hibernation enabled at the moment. It's said to be fixed in beta 2.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest krux3r

I've got 156MB free and that's because I've got lite apps and make use of push notifications. For example rather than using Facebook & Facebook Messenger just use Facebook Lite. Hangouts and Skype don't actually need to have the apps running either as they both use push notifications.

I do have deep hibernation enabled at the moment. It's said to be fixed in beta 2.

Here, nothing running under that except google keyboard: post-1040382-14257479568595_thumb.jpg

How come you have so much free ram?

Guest H3ROS

Is that with Greenify beta 2 installed or are you using the version from the Play Store?

That RAM usage isn't bad anyway. We all know that Google Play Services takes up a lot of memory, which is what can cause most of the issues.

Guest H3ROS

Tnx..[emoji1] I have performance control and the option to change minifree task killer..is the same?

..but..personally you use smooth rendering?

I don't bother to enable it. It's already plenty smooth with the default values for me.

Guest krux3r

Is that with Greenify beta 2 installed or are you using the version from the Play Store?

That RAM usage isn't bad anyway. We all know that Google Play Services takes up a lot of memory, which is what can cause most of the issues.

Yes it is with Greenify beta 2, I get beta updates on Play store.

But how can you have so much more ram :O

Guest killadroid

Yes it is with Greenify beta 2, I get beta updates on Play store.

But how can you have so much more ram :O

with the donate package you can greenify system apps eg. playstore & services

Guest H3ROS

It fluctuates and this is a near fresh install. I probably have less apps installed too.

When I've not formatted for a while all of my system apps are kept as system apps and they remain up to date. Like I'll go and download apk's such as Gmail and Google Play Services from APKMirror and then create a flashable zip to update the system apps. That way there's less data on the device and the low ram setting is enforced.

Don't think that you can do this yourself as it's not as simple as replacing the apk file. You also need to handle updated libs.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest krux3r

It fluctuates and this is a near fresh install. I probably have less apps installed too.

When I've not formatted for a while all of my system apps are kept as system apps and they remain up to date. Like I'll go and download apk's such as Gmail and Google Play Services from APKMirror and then create a flashable zip to update the system apps. That way there's less data on the device and the low ram setting is enforced.

Don't think that you can do this yourself as it's not as simple as replacing the apk file. You also need to handle updated libs.

Nah, I wont do anything. I'm ok with my system for now.

I may do a fresh install maybe, later.

Guest Takamoto

Hi guys..why my data/clock on the notification panel is blocked? My set is automatic hour/data from network. App clock work fine..I will try if reboot solve the problem..strange..

Guest H3ROS

Hi guys..why my data/clock on the notification panel is blocked? My set is automatic hour/data from network. App clock work fine..I will try if reboot solve the problem..strange..

Probably a GravityBox setting that you might of changed or a conflicting Xposed module.

Guest adil.mulleseril

I want to talk about something that has happened only with this rom (which is the only rom I've ever used and I find it awesome). What I mean to say is that the problem I'm going to describe has never happened on the Huawei original rom (B197 if I remember correctly).

Sometimes I reboot the phone and when I launch Whatsapp, it says the history is corrupted and that I have the possibility to restore the last (automatic) backup. It has happened after many reboots. To avoid it, I've tried closing Whatsapp app and wait some minutes and then reboot.. but that doesn't always solve the problem (kinda happens randomly). Sometimes, when I feel patience, I do a manual whatsapp backup before rebooting. What could be the problem? I've got the last version of this rom (15th Jan) and synopsis kernel. If you need more info, just tell me what :) thanks for your time.

I gets this issue at random times even without rebooting in my huawei y 300 with original ROM (Not even rooted)