[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest cyruss08

attachicon.gifvmcheck.png

When restoring apps you've got to be careful. Data from other versions of Android can cause them force closes, so I'd recommend you format again and try starting fresh to see if they work for you.

that did it!!

no more app backup restoring from now on.... it took only 10 minutes to clean install them all...

fyi, i prevoiusly had 4.4.4..... ;)

thank you!!

Guest juanpablocastillo

Might just be me but I can't download anything off the browser using this ROM? Anyone else have this problem?

Disable AdAway.

Guest Flea997

One question. Why does the statusbar sometimes stay on screen when watching fullscreen videos on Youtube?

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-03-18-23-31-07.png

Really annoying.

I sometimes have it also on CM

It goes away only if some (suggestment?) of other videos come on screen and you remove them.

I don't know if you understand.

Guest luca020400

Really annoying.

I sometimes have it also on CM

It goes away only if some (suggestment?) of other videos come on screen and you remove them.

I don't know if you understand.

It doesn't happen on kk & lp on 720p screen

Guest krux3r

@Flea997

Yeah I know what you mean.

So far I got, the statusbar gets darker so as the clock and battery, its kind of night mode or something like that I suppose.

Guest H3ROS

One question. Why does the statusbar sometimes stay on screen when watching fullscreen videos on Youtube?

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-03-18-23-31-07.png

It's a YouTube feature. When the video is at some resolutions (I don't know the specifics) rather than adding two black bars it instead uses the status bar as padding, which is why it's dimmed.

Guest wiserkc

Gotta thanks heroes for making this awesome rom, was using it since January on my Huawei Y300 151  and it is a pleasure. I wiped everything and installed rom with update from February. My question is, was it possible to install update of february any other way except wiping all except sd card and then installing new updated rom ?

added later: 

Is there a way to make default installation path for apps to my sd card instead of internal memory ?

Edited by wiserkc

Guest jeffk82

Wiped my SD card and put fat32 and ext2 for link2sd partitions

Copied over the rom rar

Flashed and made sure Google back up was off

Made sure wifi was off and turned off Google backup in gallery

STILL I get unfortunately the gallery has stopped

Tried a paid app called Camera JB+ and no issues, but I am not buying it as I paid for camera zoom already.

Any chance of using a different camera?

Guest H3ROS

Gotta thanks heroes for making this awesome rom, was using it since January on my Huawei Y300 151  and it is a pleasure. I wiped everything and installed rom with update from February. My question is, was it possible to install update of february any other way except wiping all except sd card and then installing new updated rom ?

added later: 

Is there a way to make default installation path for apps to my sd card instead of internal memory ?

I have updates for each, but it would be best to start fresh. If you start fresh you can also edit the ROM a little so that apps go to the SD card instead.

Open /cust/hw/normal/xml/hw_defaults.xml and change settings.system.set_install_location to 2.

@h3ros can the latest Google app work in this rom? & if it can could u pliz show me a link

Google Search? Yeah, that works.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-search/

Wiped my SD card and put fat32 and ext2 for link2sd partitions

Copied over the rom rar

Flashed and made sure Google back up was off

Made sure wifi was off and turned off Google backup in gallery

STILL I get unfortunately the gallery has stopped

Tried a paid app called Camera JB+ and no issues, but I am not buying it as I paid for camera zoom already.

Any chance of using a different camera?

You can use another camera, but I won't be changing the camera for everyone.

You could hide the app via Nova or replace the APK file for the stock Huawei camera + gallery. If you replace the apk then you'll need to extract the libs from the apk and put them into /system/libs/ to make it work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzpRBylyuvsXdHV0N0JYODRrYzg/

Edited by H3ROS

Guest jeffk82

I have updates for each, but it would be best to start fresh. If you start fresh you can also edit the ROM a little so that apps go to the SD card instead.

Open /cust/hw/normal/xml/hw_defaults.xml and change settings.system.set_install_location to 2.

Google Search? Yeah, that works.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-search/

You can use another camera, but I won't be changing the camera for everyone.

You could hide the app via Nova or replace the APK file for the stock Huawei camera + gallery. If you replace the apk then you'll need to extract the libs from the apk and put them into /system/libs/ to make it work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzpRBylyuvsXdHV0N0JYODRrYzg/

So i extract the so files and put them into  /system/libs/ and that will be a different camera?

Guest H3ROS

You delete GoogleGallery.apk then place in the HWCamera.apk and extract the libs. When you reboot or if you're starting fresh you'll have the Huawei camera and gallery instead of the stock Android one.

Guest impulse686

H3ROS,

This ROM of yours is perfect in every way, except for Bluetooth AVRCP not working when I connect my Y300 to my Mazda3. Weirdly, AVRCP works perfectly in FusionX 1.0 and FusionX Reborn 2.0.1, but simply refuses to work in B209 AOSP.

I've tried finding a solution to this using all my Google-fu but no luck. Here is a trimmed down logcat I captured while pairing/connecting the phone to my car --- http://pastebin.com/fECDkGN7

I/abtfilt (23320): BT Action
E/abtfilt (23320): [ExecuteBtAction] BT Action issue failed, Ioctl: 0x91, Len: 12
E/abtfilt (23320): Last Error: Operation not permitted

There are several of these entries likely generated by my attempted use of play/pause and skip forward/backward controls. Any ideas?

Guest Takamoto

Good evening at all.. use now from time and with satisfaction this excellent aosp mod much to be able to manage quite well telephone, the Internet, mail and social also with the little ram.. but there is one thing of which still are not satisfied and that is, I would like to be able to have push notifications on time of my app greenifyzzate. Currently I have the play store and the play service updated both to the latest version. I need to both because I greenify pro and then use the GCM to get notifications. They are updated to the last release beta and despite the excellent best made by the developer for the hibernation I still many awakenings due to play store and play service( both greenifyzzate) and push notifications not on time or even absent( in the case of whatsapp for example) In summary: Tapatalk( push notifications ok if the phone is in use, absent if the screen is off) Fb lite( as above) Gmail( as above) WhatsApp( absent until I open the app or with very much delay)@ H3ROS, you have advice from give me Whereas use already Push notification fixer without detect any major change? You like you behave?

Guest killadroid

Yo guys, one question. Is it better for battery to enable the automatic brightness or it is better to adjust it by myself?

automatic is the best in my opinion

Guest H3ROS

Gravity box stopped working for me, all setting that i have set come back to default.. Why?

Not a clue. Did you try to move the app to the SD card at any point?

H3ROS,

This ROM of yours is perfect in every way, except for Bluetooth AVRCP not working when I connect my Y300 to my Mazda3. Weirdly, AVRCP works perfectly in FusionX 1.0 and FusionX Reborn 2.0.1, but simply refuses to work in B209 AOSP.

I've tried finding a solution to this using all my Google-fu but no luck. Here is a trimmed down logcat I captured while pairing/connecting the phone to my car --- http://pastebin.com/fECDkGN7

I/abtfilt (23320): BT Action
E/abtfilt (23320): [ExecuteBtAction] BT Action issue failed, Ioctl: 0x91, Len: 12
E/abtfilt (23320): Last Error: Operation not permitted

There are several of these entries likely generated by my attempted use of play/pause and skip forward/backward controls. Any ideas?

Thats a problem with Huawei and these ROM's. Every single update they've made has included changes to bluetooth and audio, some better and some worse. So what might of been fixed for one device breaks for another device, but can I easily fix it? No, because Huawei refuse to release an updated kernel source :unsure:

Good evening at all.. use now from time and with satisfaction this excellent aosp mod much to be able to manage quite well telephone, the Internet, mail and social also with the little ram.. but there is one thing of which still are not satisfied and that is, I would like to be able to have push notifications on time of my app greenifyzzate. Currently I have the play store and the play service updated both to the latest version. I need to both because I greenify pro and then use the GCM to get notifications. They are updated to the last release beta and despite the excellent best made by the developer for the hibernation I still many awakenings due to play store and play service( both greenifyzzate) and push notifications not on time or even absent( in the case of whatsapp for example) In summary: Tapatalk( push notifications ok if the phone is in use, absent if the screen is off) Fb lite( as above) Gmail( as above) WhatsApp( absent until I open the app or with very much delay)@ H3ROS, you have advice from give me Whereas use already Push notification fixer without detect any major change? You like you behave?

I've never had an issue with push notifications so it's difficult to comment on it. With Greenify, however, have you enabled boost mode and all of the experimental settings? One of the settings enables sync options that would normally be hidden. They'll be displayed with * at the start of them e.g. "* Push subscriptions". Are all of them enabled for you?

If you keep WiFi enabled and go to Settings > WiFi > Press the options button > Select advanced then is the option to keep Wi-Fi enabled set to always? It should be. If it's not then that will affect push notifications while your screen is off.

If you've changed any of the build.prop settings in an attempt to save battery life then that's also why you're not getting push notifications. Two such settings that shouldn't be adjusted are ro.ril.disable.power.collapse and pm.sleep_mode.

Yo guys, one question. Is it better for battery to enable the automatic brightness or it is better to adjust it by myself?

It's normally best to manage it yourself because then you don't need the light sensor working all of the time, so you should be saving battery.

Edited by H3ROS