[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest evkol

Let it charge to 100% then remove the charger andpower off and then charge it to 100% while powered off. Remove the charger open the mob charge it to 100% and then again remove the charger power it off and then again charge it to 100%. Then remove the charger boot into recovery and reset battery stat (CWM has different method and TWRP has different). Then open mob charge it to 100% and then use the mob and discharge it all the and once closed open it again and discharge it again. Then once powered off charge it to 100% and that should calibrate it. Easy peasy isn't it xD

Is this the official method to recalibrate the battery? With any phone or just Y300? That is a long list of things to do xD

Guest Tameem1234567890

Kinda works for most of the mobiles. I checked for easy methods too was not disappointed that there wasn't any. Well i did it too i am just happy i am not alone to do it xD

Guest michele.009

Tips to improve battery life

credits to hastalafiesta (xda member) and wangqi060934 (MyAndroidTools+ developer)

1) Install MyAndroidTools+ from Play Store (needless to say, device must be rooted)

2) In SERVICE section, find Google Play Service (usually in System tab) and disable the following services:

AdRequestBrokerService
AnalyticsIntentService
AnalyticsService
FusedLocationService
FusedProviderService
GeocoreService
GeofenceProviderService
GoogleLocationManagerService
NlpLocationReceiverService
SystemUpdateService
WatchdogService
WearableControlService
WearableService

3) In BROADCAST RECEIVER section, find Google Play Service and disable the following:

AccountChangedReceiver
GServicesChangedReceiver
SystemUpdateService$ActiveReceiver
SystemUpdateService$Receiver

I followed this guide and almost doubled battery life and free ram.

Guest xxirioxx

I suggest you never disable services... Your phone could be unstable. Install greenify instead and greenify google play services. They'll run only when necessary.

Guest Flea997

I suggest you never disable services... Your phone could be unstable. Install greenify instead and greenify google play services. They'll run only when necessary.

That requires donation

Guest juanpablocastillo

I never faced issues when I disable Google's services.

Guest xxirioxx

Yes and no :)

If you want to support the project (I chose to donate) you can use the full version.

If you don't want to donate but you want to greenify google play services, you can remove the package and re-install it as user application. I never tried that but I think it works.

Keep in mind you'll have the non-full version of greenify and only few features will be available, e.g. you won't be able to receive push notification.

Guest xxirioxx

I never faced issues when I disable Google's services.

Are you sure? Have you ever tried to run wakelock detector and see what was happening in your device?

Probably, your system hardly ever goes in deep-sleep.

Edited by xxirioxx

Guest juanpablocastillo

Are you sure? Have you ever tried to run wakelock detector and see what was happening in your device?

Probably, your system hardly ever goes in deep-sleep.

I never disabled SystemUpdateService, that causes deep sleep issues when is disabled.

You need to know what is safe to disable and what keep enabled.

Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest krux3r

I never disabled SystemUpdateService, that causes deep sleep issues when is disabled.

You need to know what is safe to disable and what keep enabled.

Yes that is true, I once disabled that service and there where so many wakelocks caused by it.

Guest evkol

So you do suggest to disable those services or not? I would like to save some memory on my y300. But if that takes stability off... then I won't do it this way.

Guest Tameem1234567890

So you do suggest to disable those services or not? I would like to save some memory on my y300. But if that takes stability off... then I won't do it this way.

Well i tried disabling those services and uptil now my mobile haven't crashed or rebooted for once and is a tad bit faster. I can't say the same for you.

Guest H3ROS

Hello,I have a abnormal battery drain for smsdispatcher..how can I fix it please?

Is it the same after you reboot the phone? Also try to backup your current setup, wipe everything and then start fresh. Has the wakelock gone?

Just so people are aware, my original plan was to buy a Moto G but I kept putting it off. Well I've now got my hands on a far better phone and I paid less for it than the Moto G (2nd gen or 4G/LTE).

I've now got a Sony Xperia Z1 which totally blows the Moto G out of the water, as you can see in the following link.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5596&idPhone2=6647

It's got official CM11 and CM12 as well as a whole catalog of custom ROM's over at XDA. What I love most though is that it's official AOSP ROM is posted to github and it's Android 5.1! :D

I'm keeping my Y300 so that I can still correct any reported issues. Not that I expect there to be any though.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Flea997

Is it the same after you reboot the phone? Also try to backup your current setup, wipe everything and then start fresh. Has the wakelock gone?

Just so people are aware, my original plan was to buy a Moto G but I kept putting it off. Well I've now got my hands on a far better phone and I paid less for it than the Moto G (2nd gen or 4G/LTE).

I've now got a Sony Xperia Z1 which totally blows the Moto G out of the water, as you can see in the following link.

It's got official CM11 and CM12 as well as a whole catalog of custom ROM's over at XDA. What I love most though is that it's official AOSP ROM is posted to github and it's Android 5.1! :D

I'm keeping my Y300 so that I can still correct any reported issues. Not that I expect there to be any though.

Enjoy your new phone H3ROS!

Guest Flea997

Enjoy your new phone H3ROS!

Guest fonz93

You deserve to enjoy your new phone, there is an hole between Z1 and Y300, how it was your first impression using it after the Y300?

Guest H3ROS

H3ROS,what about my issue? i even see battery going down from 60 to 30 in an instant on twrp page.

It'll be as others commented I think. The battery needs a full discharge and then a 100% charge from the mains overnight. It should start to stabilise then.

I wouldn't depend on the battery usage when in TWRP by the way. Some versions of that with the brightness set to 100% make the battery drop very rapidly. I use TWRP 2.6.3.3 with the brightness set to it's minimum and it's been a little better. In general that version of TWRP is the best for the Y300 anyway.

You deserve to enjoy your new phone, there is an hole between Z1 and Y300, how it was your first impression using it after the Y300?

Well, I'm not a huge fan of the Sony UI so I'll be switching to a custom ROM very soon, but the Xperia Z1 makes the Y300 feel like a childs toy. Memory isn't a problem, you can play all of the best games and everything is much faster and smoother.

The only thing that I'm not a huge fan of is that the Xperia Z1 has a TFT screen. It's a 1080p (441ppi) screen though so it's still extremely good looking and better than many others out there. I could probably sell the phone and pay a little extra to get the Z2 if it bothered me a lot, but honestly I'm very happy with it for what I've paid for it.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest fonz93

A friend recently got a Z1 compact so i know how you feel hehehe, if i am not wrong the only big differences between Z1 and Z1C are the screen size and resolution, i personally like the Xperia Z design, more than any other phone

Edited by fonz93

Guest luca020400

A friend recently got a Z1 compact so i know how you feel hehehe, if i am not wrong the only big difference betwen Z1 and Z1C is in the screen size and resolution

The same with moto g 2014 , you feel like on another planet

Guest H3ROS

A friend recently got a Z1 compact so i know how you feel hehehe, if i am not wrong the only big differences between Z1 and Z1C are the screen size and resolution, i personally like the Xperia Z design, more than any other phone

Yeah. The Z1C is a smaller device that's 720p and has an IPS screen. The Z1 is bigger yet slimmer and has a 1080p screen which is very sharp, but it's viewing angles aren't as good as the Z2. Honestly though 9/10 when you're looking at your phone you're looking at it head on, so it's not like viewing angles should matter all that much.

I got the Xperia Z1 for just £125, which is amazing considering that the newest Moto G is £149.99.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest luca020400

Yeah. The Z1C is a smaller device that's 720p and has an IPS screen. The Z1 is bigger yet slimmer and has a 1080p screen which is very sharp, but it's viewing angles aren't as good as the Z2. Honestly though 9/10 when you're looking at your phone you're looking at it head on, so it's not like viewing angles should matter all that much.

I got the Xperia Z1 for just £125, which is amazing considering that the newest Moto G is £149.99.

Only 125£ omg

I want it lel