[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest xxirioxx

If someone had a problem related to the version of google play service maybe is just a bad configuration o greenify ;)

I noticed that google keep wasn't working and when I started it a message related to incompatible play service appeared.

But later I realized I enabled "deep greenify" in greenify settings (I like trying all settings :P). Once I disabled it, google keep started to work properly :)

Guest dkr84

I have one question.. Did anybody get high battery drain caused by Messaging app (always around 20 or 25 %)? I've searched and I've found this (but this is after 4.3 update): 

http://tinyurl.com/nks7m28

I only didn't asked mobile carrier support to reset connection to the network as someone proposed as the last solution. I've tried all and after one day of usage the Messaging app again is starting to drain battery like before. Any suggestion?

Guest greenalien

@H3ROS,is possibile to prevent automatic update of play store and play service? Tnx..

Could you use android firewall to prevent the apps accessing the internet and updating?

Guest killadroid

@H3ROS,is possibile to prevent automatic update of play store and play service? Tnx..

go to settings>data usage & restrict background data for play store & services

Guest nacpiqsan

@H3ROS congratulations for this rom. It is the best rom which I have tried.

I have only one problem: the minimun brightness level is too much bright. How I can change this? I have looked forward in the framework-res.apk the file arrays.xml but I cannot find it. In Xda is posted that in jellybean editing this file we can change brightness levels, but in this apk it doesn't exit. Other way I have read is changing the file sys/class/leds/lcd-brightness, but it doesn't work.

Thanks for your job.

Pd: sorry for mi english

Guest xxirioxx

Hi,

I had a long conversation with "the master" some time ago and I can confirm you this is the minimum brightness level you can set :)

You're right, you have to change arrays.xml contained in framework-res.apk, but you it's not as easy as it seems.

You have to decompile apk first and recompile it later. But if you want to lower the brightness value there is no way because it's already to minimum.

Guest greenalien

nacpiqsan for a darker screen try asking at a window tinting company for some offcuts of the stick-on tinted film, it comes in different shades. Cut to shape and apply to your phone screen. A new screen protector and darker screen all in one :D

Guest H3ROS

Yeah, the ROM already uses the minimum brightness. It's a weird issue because some people say it's fine, some say it's too dark and then there's people that say that it's not dark enough.

There's an Xposed module to make it even darker, but this can make it too dark.

http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.tonymanou.screenfilter

There's an app on the play store with the same name too. It works perfectly.

@Takamoto

They update themselves silently and I don't think it's possible to stop that. You can use a custom version of the Play Store though I suppose?

@dkr84

It's fine here.

I've heard that some wakelocks can occur if you use Hangouts. Apparently if an MMS fails to send then it'll keep trying until it dies.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Takamoto

I will try this trick for stop update play service..

forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-y/general/trick-how-to-avoid-google-play-service-t2955269

..hopefully good..

Guest killadroid

@H3ROS why FM app has a nonstop beep sound when phone runs out of ram or I accidentally swipe it from recents? is there any way to lock it in memory

Guest Takamoto

@takamoto if it's eating a lot of data go to play services, security and uncheck verify apps it uses a lot of data if it's on

It's not a problem for data usage.

I found a fix for play service battery drain (newest version) and simply now I don't wont update it. :-)

Guest killadroid

Yes, using the Xposed module called App Settings you can set any application as resident in RAM.

thanks I'll check it out

edit: works like a charm

Edited by killadroid

Guest H3ROS

thanks I'll check it out

edit: works like a charm

I added it to the internal list before and it does help, but Xposed is more forceful.

The App Settings Xposed module is actually really useful to have. You can revoke some permissions, make apps remain in memory and adjust an apps DPI. Google Hangouts set at 200 DPI works best for the Y300.

Guest lomax84

I added it to the internal list before and it does help, but Xposed is more forceful.

The App Settings Xposed module is actually really useful to have. You can revoke some permissions, make apps remain in memory and adjust an apps DPI. Google Hangouts set at 200 DPI works best for the Y300.

H3ros, are you planning to release a new version in the next days?

Guest H3ROS

H3ros, are you planning to release a new version in the next days?

I'll probably upload a refreshed build tonight. It'll just include the latest updates from the Play Store.

I won't be releasing any fixes or anything since there's nothing left to fix. The ROM's 100% feature complete and functional.

Guest L@rry

Just a short question. I installed the last update (update 13) and uninstalled the gravitybox app. I'm intrigued about why i can't set the battery percentage on although i have set the property ro.config.hw_battery_percent=true in build.prop (and rebooted the phone)