[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest lomax84

I'll probably upload a refreshed build tonight. It'll just include the latest updates from the Play Store.

I won't be releasing any fixes or anything since there's nothing left to fix. The ROM's 100% feature complete and functional.

thanks, i'll wait for this

Guest krux3r

Just a short question. I installed the last update (update 13) and uninstalled the gravitybox app. I'm intrigued about why i can't set the battery percentage on although i have set the property ro.config.hw_battery_percent=true in build.prop (and rebooted the phone)

I think that is because H3ROS removed every aspect of the Huawei modifications from this rom, as it says on the beginning of the line: hw. ...

So it must be a Huawei modification, so it is removed.

This is what I think, I dont know if it is correct or not.

Guest LotR656

Just a short question. I installed the last update (update 13) and uninstalled the gravitybox app. I'm intrigued about why i can't set the battery percentage on although i have set the property ro.config.hw_battery_percent=true in build.prop (and rebooted the phone)

Why you need to complicate if you have gravitybox? Just go to Status Bar-Battery settings and there you can set percentage in any size. Dont mess with build.prop if you dont know few things.

Guest H3ROS

H3ROS, thanks for this rom....works very good in my Y300 but any idea for the low volume-audio?

Regards.

Enable ViPER4Android, set it to moderate mode and then scroll to the bottom and change the output gain to it's maximum.

Here's the settings I used before: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom411b209-aosp-mod-28022015/page-3#entry2215143

Edited by H3ROS

Guest jhondoe

Enable ViPER4Android, set it to moderate mode and then scroll to the bottom and change the output gain to it's maximum.

Here's the settings I used before: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom411b209-aosp-mod-28022015/page-3#entry2215143

Thanks but it was not what I was looking for....volume still low in speaker.

There will be something like "High Audio Flashable" from 10.1 by fonz93?....This work like a charm but only in the 10.1 roms.

Guest L@rry

Why you need to complicate if you have gravitybox? Just go to Status Bar-Battery settings and there you can set percentage in any size. Dont mess with build.prop if you dont know few things.

oh yes, i knew that gravitybox setting, thanks. I have just noted a slightly better rom performance without any xposed module installed and i was  trying to change the battery percentage without any module, that's all. But It doesn't matter, i was just wondering if i needed any other property or something like that. It's ok, thanks

Guest luca020400

@H3ROS, you know "seeder apk" from xda? Is better than minifree in performance control? Tnx..

NEVER INSTALL A SEEDER GENERATOR .

Sorry for caps [emoji14]

It reduce battery backup as it keeps CPU frequency higher than normal

Guest dkr84

@HR3OS

I have one question. It' really bothering me... I've asked that question two days ago. It's about messaging app draining my battery. I set APNs (gprs + mms) correctly, in the messaging app's setting I tried every combination (untick automatically retreive messages, set mms to always, when data is on, etc.. ), does not even use mms. Messaging app is still showing in battery stats at second place (always around 15% to 20 %). But it's odd. I didn"t notice any battery drain (I always have 3h above on screen time, for G510 it's better than every non-stock rom).It does not even awake the phone(cpu 4s, awake 0, ...). Messaging app is not showing in Better Battery Stats also. Does this have to do with battery stats not displaying stats correctly? I never had this problem with other roms. I tried Textra, but after couple of hours, Textra begins to show along with the Messagiong app in battery stats (having the same battery drain 15% + 15%). And if it's problem with the battery stats, how can I solve it? I assume that this problem is not related to the updates concerning Messaging app (fixed minor bug in every update so far), Thanks in advance...

Guest H3ROS

Thanks but it was not what I was looking for....volume still low in speaker.

There will be something like "High Audio Flashable" from 10.1 by fonz93?....This work like a charm but only in the 10.1 roms.

No since I can't modify the source to do that. For me Viper works though and pushing the speaker any more than that just causes distortion and risks damaging it, which then renders the phone a little bit useless.

@H3ROS, you know "seeder apk" from xda? Is better than minifree in performance control? Tnx..

Minfrees and seeder are totally different things. Seeder tries to do what frandom does way better, so just install a custom kernel and make use of frandom instead.

I've said this a dozen times before but you can't improve the performance of your Y300/G510. No script of app will help because they were all designed for Gingerbread and ICS, so if you think there's an improvement then it's just a placebo effect.

@dkr84

Keep in mind that this is a stock ROM and it's only the appearance that's been changed back to stock Android. I've then added in fixes and mods from newer versions of Android.

The messaging app is one that's locked in memory because it's an app that you want to give priority to. It's locked in memory differently than a stock Huawei ROM, so it might give a false battery report, but on my Y300 I never see any wakelocks that would suggest that the messaging app is a problem.

None of the messaging related bugs that I've fixed have been related to wakelock issues. I honestly wouldn't worry about it either because I'd bet that you could install a stock Huawei ROM and leave it switched on for the exact same amount of time as this modded ROM. In fact this modded ROM should last longer since it has disabled all of Huawei's bloat and corrected most of their coding errors.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest dkr84

@H3ROS

Thank you for your prompt reply. I formatted SD card and made clean install of your rom. This is the second day I don't have false battery report. All in all, you are right about not having any wakelocks related to Messaging app. Thank you once again for your explanation. Have a nice day

Guest dkr84

I also want to share some findings concerning Google Play Services as someone mentioned that few days ago. Using My Android Tools from the Play Store you can disable following services and recivers to get some free ram:

Services

- AnalyticsService

- AnalyticsIntentService

Broadcast Reciver:

- GServicesChangedReceivers (this one is responsible for waking up AnalyticsService)

I got 25 to 30mb free ram. GPSs tested: included in  the last rom (version 7.0.93). Do not disable other services. I can now use the buildprop tweak for making things smoother (set persist.sys.force_highendgfx to true and also set ro.config.low_ram to true to free up some ram) without using AutoKiller Memory Optimizer, but it depends on apps that you are using. 

Edited by dkr84

Guest felipovicc

Hello, can someone write this code *#*#8255#*#* in the dialer app and give me a screenshot?

Its on AOSP MOD, when i press the button nothing seems to happen.

edit: forgot to mention that as i dont use it, i deleted gtalk. I don't know if it affects on something.

post-1041367-0-57905200-1429478684_thumb

Edited by felipovicc

Guest fonz93

Its on AOSP MOD, when i press the button nothing seems to happen.

edit: forgot to mention that as i dont use it, i deleted gtalk. I don't know if it affects on something.

Thanks

Guest Takamoto

Hello, can someone write this code *#*#8255#*#* in the dialer app and give me a screenshot?

post-1047701-14295488192043_thumb.png

This is mine,but I use Push notification fixer.

Guest VLEking

I made an error in the last few versions of the ROM it seems. I included an updated version of Exchange Services but I didn't check the minimum API. I just did after updating Gmail and found that it was set to KitKat, so currently exchange email support doesn't work and it could cause random reboots even if you don't use it.

Here's a fix that everyone should install: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzpRBylyuvsXSmQyUFNfWU9zS0E/

I'm uploading a revised version of the ROM and ROM update.

How do I install this? Just execute "Exchangeservices.apk" or what?

Any way to mute camera shutter sound?

Edited by VLEking

Guest dkr84

How do I install this? Just execute "Exchangeservices.apk" or what?

Any way to mute camera shutter sound?

Just install it via TWRP. No wipes