[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest fonz93

I want to make a full wipe as i want to restore the old hw_defaults (modified previously as you know for the string line), i can simply reflash the whole ROM with the link mentioned previously?

Guest H3ROS

Do other web pages work? I'm sure someone else reported a similar issue, but others said that it's working for them. So does your APN info appear correct?

The ROM comes with a rather large hosts file and I don't think it'd block tapatalk, but I don't use tapatalk. So if your APN info is correct download AdAway and try to update the hosts file.

Guest H3ROS

I've just confirmed it. For some reason the hosts file blocks tapatalk.com.

Line 11466 - 127.0.0.1 cache.tapatalk.com

Line 15024 - 127.0.0.1 db.tapatalk.com

Line 15301 - 127.0.0.1 dev.tapatalk.com

Line 15435 - 127.0.0.1 directory.tapatalk.com

Line 20844 - 127.0.0.1 img-2011-12.tapatalk.com

Line 20845 - 127.0.0.1 img-2013.tapatalk.com

Line 20952 - 127.0.0.1 img.tapatalk.com

Line 22520 - 127.0.0.1 link.tapatalk.com

Line 22758 - 127.0.0.1 log.tapatalk.com

Line 22838 - 127.0.0.1 logos.tapatalk.com

Line 23077 - 127.0.0.1 m.tapatalk.com

Line 23213 - 127.0.0.1 mail.tapatalk.com

Line 29822 - 127.0.0.1 search.tapatalk.com

Line 31996 - 127.0.0.1 support.tapatalk.com

Line 32971 - 127.0.0.1 tools.tapatalk.com

Line 35047 - 127.0.0.1 vpn.tapatalk.com

If you use AdAway to update the hosts file it might solve the problem. I'll also update the ROM for that soon.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest fonz93

There is a little issue in dialer, when you try to go back from dialer settings to the dialer with the arrow in top left corner you'll get a force close

Guest H3ROS

Okay. The next update will probably come when I've fixed the bluetooth headset issue, since the other two issues (hosts file and up navigation in dialer settings) are very minor.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest POmniac

Okay. The next update will probably come when I've fixed the bluetooth headset issue, since the other two issues (hosts file and up navigation in dialer settings) are very minor.

For me bluetooth Plantronix headset work very well. No issues.

Guest H3ROS

I think it's something to do with the bluetooth version you use. For example v3.0, v2.1, v2.0, v1.5 and v1.1. The Y300 is a v2.1 device with EDR support.

The build.prop contains these settings:

ro.bluetooth.request.master=true
ro.qualcomm.bluetooth.ftp=true
ro.qualcomm.bluetooth.sap=true
ro.bluetooth.remote.autoconnect=true
debug.bt.discoverable_time=-1
net.bt.name=Android

And there's also one Huawei default:

<integer is_bluetooth30="0" />

The settings menu has been totally replaced and in doing so bluetooth code got changed. Huawei has a habit of adding code to weird places though, so I'm thinking that if modifying the above settings doesn't fix it then it may to do with the settings menu.

What would be useful is a logcat containing bluetooth info as that would give me some idea as to where it's failing.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

I looked into the bluetooth thing and I think I know what's going on. Huawei patched some audio stuff in B194 to fix audio issues with Viber, but in doing that they seem to have broken bluetooth headsets for some people.

Here's where it was mentioned: http://www.android-hilfe.de/original-firmwares-fuer-huawei-ascend-y300/469161-firmware-b194.html#post6354050

Translated via Google:

c) The worst: When someone calls me I can not hear anything and it not me. I've tried it then not at all with other Bluetooth headsets only.

So B194 is bugged, at least for Bluetooth.

B190 also fixed an audio bug related to Viber, so I'll try to track down the change. The bug should be reported to Huawei though since it's in the official firmwares.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest squal

after soft reboot..my wifi lost even if its "turn on" my connection is "not in range" so that i forget the password and enter again..,but ..thats a minor because its only happen in soft reboot,..

Guest H3ROS

I'm not sure if that's normal because the kernel is spoofed so that it can use the libs the same as the stock rom can, so it should behave the same. I always do full reboots though so I wouldn't know for sure.

With regards to the bluetooth headset, if just 1 person who has the issue could message me I'll give them something to try. All I know at this time is that it still boots and audio works.

Guest PeterTBOT

hello, i will try this room tomorrow. it looks very good.

does it shows the full details of the sms? like inbox's date and sent's date. I'm using Slimkat and I really aprecciate the posibility to have these functions

thanks for your answers.

sorry for my bad english

Guest painteramit

after soft reboot..my wifi lost even if its "turn on" my connection is "not in range" so that i forget the password and enter again..,but ..thats a minor because its only happen in soft reboot,..

happens to me as well when I soft Reboot.