[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest krux3r

No, now I'm moving some apps to SD, but I always though it was automatic...

Woah bro, how do you have so much little internal memory left?

I have around 20 apps, all on internal and still have around 500mb free.

Guest xxirioxx

I was trying some new games (that I usually uninstall just 3 seconds later XD)

I solved moving some app to SD manually, it's not a big waste of time: I installed few apps too ;)

There isn't a Jelly Bean version of it. The app hasn't been updated since Gingerbread and it's only included in virtual devices for debugging audio. Most phones now come with custom audio apps or Google Play Music.

@ xxirioxx

Large games that have a download process normally go to the SD card on their own. Everything else goes to the system memory and then you're offered the option to move the app to the SD card only if the app supports it.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest ZolaIII

It's regularly updated for all versions of Android up to date only interface didn't change.You can get it from F-droid.

Music (The stock audio player):

https://f-droid.org/app/com.android.music

Project page:

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/Music

Would like you didn't pretend to be advanced user when you wrote to me! :P

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest krux3r

It's regularly updated for all versions of Android up to date only interface didn't change.You can get it from F-droid.

Project page:

Thanks bro!

xD im not advanced at all :((

Project page:

What I said is still true. The app may exist, but it's not a Jelly Bean app. It's clearly designed for much older versions of Android and it's UI is ugly as sin. It's like trying to run Microsoft Word 97 on Windows 8, you just don't do that.

Google Play Music, Apollo, Shuttle etc. They're all better than the old music player. And OEM's always seem to include custom media players these days.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest krux3r

What I said is still true. The app may exist, but it's not a Jelly Bean app. It's clearly designed for much older versions of Android and it's UI is ugly as sin. It's like trying to run Microsoft Word 97 on Windows 8, you just don't do that.

Google Play Music, Apollo, Shuttle etc. They're all better than the old music player. And OEM's always seem to include custom media players these days.

I installed the Google Play Music, very nice app, really looks like Shuttle player.

I did put a project page just for you H3ROS.

How about that you take a look?

Re-read what I said originally. I've made it bold.

The app hasn't been updated since Gingerbread and it's only included in virtual devices for debugging audio

Google and OEM's don't ship phones with that media player. It's outdated and it's only maintained by a few for testing purposes. In fact the last change made to it was over a year ago and they didn't even bother to merge it until recently. Why? Because nobody cares about it.

The last official Android version of the music app was designed for Gingerbread. Since then they've patched it for virtual devices, but they've not adjusted it's visuals, options or updated how it functions. So like I said, the app might exist but it's not a Jelly Bean app. When you want the modern app it's Google Play Music or Apollo, depending on if you're AOSP or CM.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest krux3r

Re-read what I said originally. I've made it bold.

Google and OEM's don't ship phones with that media player. It's outdated and it's only maintained by a few for testing purposes. In fact the last change made to it was over a year ago and they didn't even bother to merge it until recently. Why? Because nobody cares about it.

The last official Android version of the music app was designed for Gingerbread. Since then they've patched it for virtual devices, but they've not adjusted it's visuals, options or updated how it functions. So like I said, the app might exist but it's not a Jelly Bean app. When you want the modern app it's Google Play Music or Apollo, depending on if you're AOSP or CM.

It would be really cool of they could update the UI of the app to the newer Android look, because app is really simple and fast, unlike the Google Music or Shuttle, they are kind off lagging on my phone :O

Apollo works best for now.

Guest ZolaIII

There are a dozens of music player apps that are based on its code. Some are only same compiled code, some have just minor changes (like UI) & some have lots of changes (additional futures, UI...). For instance try Vanilla music (even it's not actually bug free).

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest krux3r

There are a dozens of music player apps that are based on its code. Some are only same compiled code, some have just minor changes (like UI) & some have lots of changes (additional futures, UI...). For instance try Vanilla music (even it's not actually bug free).

Thanks! That is what I was actually looking for. Apollo is prettier though, but this Vanilla Music is smoother and faster.

Guest Romagnolo1973

luca, is said that hapens with Opera too (and opera cassic usa a different engine) so it is not a problem of the browser but probably is the site with problems with the mobile GUI

Guest triak66

I am very happy with this rom. Congratulations on a job well done. I have two questions: Was there a change in the volume of ringtone, because it's still hard to hear the mob outside. Even when the audio editor amplify sound, it is still quiet compared to other phones. On the Internet I found that by changing ro.config.ringtones_volume_adj = true , change in the "false" get louder ringtones, but I can not find the string in props.build. Is it possible to somehow increase the volume of rintone?

Another question: When the conversation is over (incoming or outgoing), the display always returns to the phonebook instead to home screen. What can be done with that?

Thanks for the effort ;)

Guest triak66

I tried to add, but it does not allow me to remember, as if the phone is not rooted. I thought that the phone is rooted when I unlocked the bootloader and set a new rom. Am I wrong ,or how to check is it rooted?

I tried to add, but it does not allow me to remember, as if the phone is not rooted. I thought that the phone is rooted when I unlocked the bootloader and set a new rom. Am I wrong ,or how to check is it rooted?

In ES File Explorer swipe from the left side of the screen and then enable root explorer. You'll then want to click on the root explorer text and go to mount R/W. You need to set /system to RW.

You can boost the volume of all speaker audio via ViPER4Android. Just press the settings key, select UI setting and set it to moderate. Enable master power (the first setting) and then scroll all the way down to output gain and try 3.5dB or 6.0dB.

As for your second question, I'm pretty sure that's the normal behaviour for Android 4.1.1 if my virtual Android device is anything to go off. After a calls ended it should always bring you back to your last used screen, that is unless memory was low and it needed to close the contacts app.

Edited by H3ROS