[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

It would be enabled only in the SystemUI, which means that you'd get a shadow effect when you pull down the notification menu and it will be smoother too.

I plan on adding a build.prop option much like whats in newer versions of Android to get the transparent status bar. It'll enable GPU rendering fully at the cost of more RAM.

which means that you'd get a shadow effect when you pull down the notification menu and it will be smoother too.

This is the shadow? 

Edited by fonz93

Yep. You only get that shadow when GPU rendering is working. Without it the menu is a little choppy due to missed frames.

I can confirm that I can now keep system wide GPU rendering disabled and only enable it for the SystemUI. Next up I'll try to add a build.prop setting and then I'll release an update once everythings done.

@H3ROS

Well done. But could you make Nova launcher smoother? I mean its running ok but sometimes there are lags, not a big problem but can get annoying. Altough that fix you mentioned before for force wallpaper made my launcher pretty smoother.

@fonz93

Did you recorded that on Y300?

Im asking because I recorded something too on this device, and it lagged like hell while recording.

Edited by krux3r

You'd be able to enable the build.prop option. That'll make everything smoother but some apps will use more RAM.

I'm only able to patch the SystemUI to use the GPU because it's a system app where as Nova isn't.

Edited by H3ROS

@H3ROS

Great. Loving this rom more and more. Thats because I just got this phone for a few months, and Im not getting new one soon, so, youre making this phone better and better for me :)

Did you recorded that on Y300?

Im asking because I recorded something too on this device, and it lagged like hell while recording.

No, i took this video from youtube

Guest SIMONPRO

I'll check it out soon. It should work though if it's ever worked from a stock ROM.

Apps shouldn't lag when closed. It's when opening other apps that it might be slow as it's clearing memory in the background. So do you have any apps running in the background, like Facebook, Skype or any kind of anti virus?

I've never really had a problem with read and unread messages. Unread messages are bold with a white background and they're always at the top of the list. There's also a notification that'll tell you how many new messages a person sent. Also if you switch to the dark theme then the text colour is white and each area has a different background colour.

There's actually many other messaging apps you could use. All you need to do is disable the stock one in the apps list.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.thoughtcrime.securesms

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.klinker.android.evolve_sms

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-yaata-sms-mms-replacment-app-t2835295

The dialer can be changed too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.kamma.kitkatdialer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.modoohut.dialer

Of course I can give you the stock apps, but IMO there's better alternatives than the Huawei bloat.

i will appriciate to flash them i dont want to have two app for same work 

@MarioKralj

Maybe let the phone power offs itself, and then recharge it to 100%.

@kekkox88

I think that is 4.2 feature, it cant be implemented in 4.1.

Edited by krux3r

Guest Domino2115

Yep. You only get that shadow when GPU rendering is working. Without it the menu is a little choppy due to missed frames.

I can confirm that I can now keep system wide GPU rendering disabled and only enable it for the SystemUI. Next up I'll try to add a build.prop setting and then I'll release an update once everythings done.

When we can except new update ?

@Domino2115

H3ROS will release an update as soon he gets this SystemUI things done. I guess that will be soon.

Edited by krux3r

Guest luca020400

Thanks ;)

How have you added the build.propr string ??

I hate smali code :(

Why you included the contacts , msm and clock app ??

And the 01extra ??

Edited by luca020400

I created an app with the function, decompiled it and copied the function across to the framework. I made sure that the string name was the same as what's used in other ROM's such as CM/SlimKat for consistency.

The SystemUI will always be smoother than it was as I've directly patched that. If you enable the build.prop tweak it may improved slightly more though, but that's at the cost your RAM.

People should read the changelog and follow the suggestions, especially the Nova Launcher tweak. New users won't have to worry about that though.

With "highendgfx" enabled you'll notice things are smoother, that there's more animations being used and that some menus that were previously black are now themed. Each app that makes use of it can take up an extra 8MB of RAM though and that adds up pretty fast. That's why it's disabled by default as our phones really aren't designed for it.

Edit: The other files were included since they're system apps and not everyone might of installed update 7. So the new update will work for most people.

Edited by H3ROS

Thanks for the explain

So you ported the smali code from another app

I will give it a try ;)

Well, that's how I generated the smali code. I then just needed to change it so that it'd work with the existing framework.

Often I'll just create the code in notepad++ and then test it. 9 times out of 10 it'll work as I've been working with smali for a long time now.