[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest xxirioxx

If you use high brightness values, it's normal your battery drains in short time. H3ROS, can I upload here framework-res.apk file you recompiled for me?

I'd rather you didn't because if I make changes to framework-res and then people install the modded version again it can cause apps to crash or graphical issues.

I'm likely not going to change the brightness values officially because going to the minimum is a must. People seem happy with the values too as it now goes to the absolute minimum when you're in bed at night, which for me is perfect because it used to be a little too bright for my eyes.

It's a shame there's not an Xposed module to override the framework values easily...

Edited by H3ROS

Guest rich.g.williams

I have a G510-0100 unlocked sim, unlocked bootloader and Vodafone G510-0100V100R001C02B196 firmware - would this ROM be a good choice to replace the Vodafone 196 version?

Guest rich.g.williams

I will try it and let you know what happens - thanks. At the moment I'm struggling to understand how to use fastboot and exactly what needs doing to install a new ROM. So far I have managed to get adb to work. It's a matter of reading my way through a lot of posts until I start to understand.

Guest matteussz_

@H3ROS: Is it possible to add an option to expand notifications with one finger, just like in KitKat ROMs and fonz93's CM10.1? Using two fingers while having one hand free is really hard.

Nope. At least not with the current setup because CM handles the SystemUI differently to AOSP and it's difficult to port over the code required via smali.

If or when I try to backport the tiled menu then I'll probably also include the 1 finger to expand notifications. For the moment I'd recommend an Xposed module.

http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.ugglynoodle.allnotificationsexpanded

The updates live now.

Edited by H3ROS

Nope. At least not with the current setup because CM handles the SystemUI differently to AOSP and it's difficult to port over the code required via smali.

If or when I try to backport the tiled menu then I'll probably also include the 1 finger to expand notifications. For the moment I'd recommend an Xposed module.

http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.ugglynoodle.allnotificationsexpanded

The updates live now.

Thanks for the update. But why does an annoying sound play (sounds like an infinite "toooooooot") whenever I swipe away the FM Radio app from recents when I am currently listening to it?

Guest luca020400

If heros locked the fmradio app on memory when you stop the fmradio you will got a "toooot" until it will be killed but as is locked in memory the "toooot" will persist until you kill the app

Edited by luca020400

@farfix dude the thing is after unmounted the tones are supposed to revert back to my specified sd tones but this doesn't happen...tones are stuck on default ones and i have to delete the alarm and set a new alarm...

I think that's normal because in USB Mass Storage mode the phone can't access media because it's being used by Windows (Read and Write)...

I suppose that... :P