[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Thanks for the update. But why does an annoying sound play (sounds like an infinite "toooooooot") whenever I swipe away the FM Radio app from recents when I am currently listening to it?

That shouldn't happen with the update installed, at least if you're clearing the resents list because the app will still be running so it won't die.

@Nomm

There's nothing to be done to adjust that. I only prevented the clock from force closing when it happens.

I've had success by using this folder layout instead:

/sdcard/media/audio/alarms/
/sdcard/media/audio/notifications/
/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones/

@dukelc

I sent you a PM.

Edited by H3ROS

That shouldn't happen with the update installed, at least if you're clearing the resents list because the app will still be running so it won't die.

@Nomm

There's nothing to be done to adjust that. I only prevented the clock from force closing when it happens.

I've had success by using this folder layout instead:

/sdcard/media/audio/alarms/
/sdcard/media/audio/notifications/
/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones/

okay let me try that as well

Guest rich.g.williams

@H3ROS Got Fastboot working OK and Installed TWRP and it's working as it should. Made a backup to SDcard all looks OK. All really cool so far! Downloaded AOSP_MOD_(02112014).zip looks OK . Now how to install AOSP_MOD_(02112014).zip ? I can see there is a boot image and a lot of other stuff in AOSP_MOD_(02112014).zip Should I install using Fastboot or TWRP or other method please?

1. Copy the whole zip file to your SD card and then boot to TWRP

2. Select the wipe option and wipe all of your partitions apart from your SD card

3. Select "Install" and point it to the location of the zip file

Edited by H3ROS

Guest rich.g.williams

@H3ROS Brilliant ! Absolutely brilliant ! It's working - totally different to the original Vodafone Firmware - has transformed my phone ! A lot to set up and play with, will be back later. Cheers.

-  Fresh installs only: Removed the stock email app with exchange support and included the new Gmail app with other account (Outlook, Yahoo etc.) and exchange support

I didn't want to include that change for existing users in case anyone is using the app. If, however, you don't use the stock email app and would like to replace it with Googles latest solution then here's a separate patch for it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzpRBylyuvsXZlMyX0pIdFk4V1k/

If you've installed Gmail 5.0 or the exchange APK files yourself then uninstall both files before applying this patch.

Guest matteussz_

How can I lock apps in the memory so they won't get closed when I swipe them away from recents? I want to lock Apollo, Spotify amd maybe FB Messenger (chat heads get closed when cleared from recents).

@luca

Clear cache and dalvik cache. It might just be a temporary Google error though.

You could also try to clear the Google Play Services data and then the Google Play Store data.

@xxirioxx

It won't yet because it's not on the Play Store. They will update eventually though, but then you're left with a useless stock email app and old exchange apk.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest luca020400

@luca

Clear cache and dalvik cache. It might just be a temporary Google error though.

Fixed cleaning google framework data

Dalvik cache and other don't work

Guest matteussz_

Doesn't Gmail update automatically?

@matteus: use Xposed module "App settings" and enable "resident" option

Tried that, gives a constant notification with messenger, vibrates until I delete it.

Guest mark Toledano

Hi H3ROS i just want to ask if facebook messenger voice call work in your rom. Bcoz in some room didn't only i hear there voice but they cannot hear mine... Im hoping :)

You mean you deleted the apk or did you use the built in uninstall option?

If you deleted the APK simply extract it from the ROM's zip file and add it back. If you used the uninstall option, however, then you'll want to simply select the install option and set it to power saver.

Guest rich.g.williams

@luca020400

I have had a similar issue with PLAY STORE comes up with  "error while retrieving information from server"

Doing what was described in this video fixed it:-      www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jjoBF-2F2o 

It's something to do with what's stored in my google account about my old setup. The instructions in the video might help you work out what you need to do.

Edited by rich.g.williams

Guest rich.g.williams

@H3ROS

Your ROM is fantastic!

One question please.  In Settings - About phone, Model number is given as HUAWEI Y300-0100 instead of HUAWEI G510-0100 and build number is the Y300 also. 

Exactly the same ROM for both phone models yes?

Guest killadroid

@h3ros or anyone else pliz mirror the ROM I want to try it but that site taking me to play store & the computers at my college won't open that site :/

neva mind im downloading it from a cyber :)

Edited by killadroid