[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest SIMONPRO

@SIMONPRO

I can only suggest that you backup anything you need via Titanium Backup and then reinstall the ROM. It shouldn't behave like that at all.

@skezn

Have you accidentally removed it? A fresh install does have the option.

i just flash synopsis kernel and i dont get data disconnected also contact is fine and it seems as exchage problem stopped

Yes, but I'm not sure why you'd want to. It's the best EQ if you need to boost audio.

It's options menu has an uninstall option. You can then use Titanium Backup to uninstall the rest of it.

Guest ehsan_zt

I've flashed the latest build and it's very smooth and battery life is amazing, thank you H3ROS :wub:

I wanted to ask if you think the latest stable synopsis kernel is better than the kernel included in this rom ?

And are there any tweaks that I can do to have better performance ? (like enabling debug.enabletr=true and hwui.render_dirty_regions=true)

I've flashed the latest build and it's very smooth and battery life is amazing, thank you H3ROS :wub:

I wanted to ask if you think the latest stable synopsis kernel is better than the kernel included in this rom ?

And are there any tweaks that I can do to have better performance ? (like enabling debug.enabletr=true and hwui.render_dirty_regions=true)

The synopsis kernel might perform better in areas, but if you use a stereo bluetooth headset then don't bother as it won't work.

The only other performance tweak is the one I added in the previous update (persist.sys.force_highendgfx). It'll use up more RAM though, which is why it's not enabled.

@skezn

From a Huawei ROM? I didn't know Huawei even had wallpapers unless they were built into their launcher.

Guest Takamoto

Yes, but I'm not sure why you'd want to. It's the best EQ if you need to boost audio.

It's options menu has an uninstall option. You can then use Titanium Backup to uninstall the rest of it.

Yes I know..it's a very very good app! I had already tried previously on fusion x,but now I want to make a test to reduce battery drain.. I turned up and normalized the volume to my mp3 with mp3 gain on PC..

@H3ROS I mean the stock wallpapers of Emotion UI 1.0 that are contained in default firmware, i like those wallpapers and i can't find it anywhere

Edited by skezn

Guest Romagnolo1973

@H3ROS I mean the stock wallpapers of Emotion UI 1.0 that are contained in default firmware, i like those wallpapers and i can't find it anywhere

I don't remember Huawei wallpapers because I change my rom the first day i bought it, but look here I think they are (Point 8: wallpapers):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=42359563#post42359563

Guest mark Toledano

I wonder were should i found the led notifacation i want to turn it off to save battery.

Another question hope there is an update that brightness will b at the notifacation drawer.

Guest matteussz_

Turning off the LED won't save you much power.

There is a brightness toggle in the drawer, or you can use the statusbar-slide to control the brightness.

Edited by matteussz_

There's an option in GravityBox under the power settings to disable LED flashing. It says that it disables the constant LED flashing when the battery is low.

He did. I'm just saying that that's the only option to disable LED flashing within the ROM. Like you said, disabling the LED wouldn't save much power at all and the battery life with this ROM installed should be really good anyway.

Edited by H3ROS

Hi guys. I just figured out something. Someone said that there is no download animation in status bar, but, it is only when the download icon is on the far left of the status bar, if it is not, it will be animated. Look:

post-1040382-14155340541237_thumb.jpg

Guest Takamoto

What does change these values? The consumption increase?

How many people think that Android Firewall, ES File Explorer, Shuttle and maybe YouTube should be installed as easily uninstallable apps by default rather than system apps? I think going forward I'll remove Google News & Weather and Google Search since both of these apps aren't important and can be downloaded from the Play Store.

Keep in mind that apps that aren't installed as system apps will go missing if you reset your device or wipe your data via recovery. That's why it's sometimes better to always have a file manager on the system partition, but of course everyone has their preferred file manager so it's not possible to please everyone.

@Takamoto

You won't notice any real improvements with them two. The only one you'll notice a change with is the one for high end gfx.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest ascendtomy

@H3ROS All applications u listed above on my phone is deleted. I don't use Android Firewall or any app like this, ES File Explorer is slow and i use Root Explorer by SpeedSoftware, Shuttle is really bad versus Apollo. Use much RAM, and it's slower than Apollo. I have one problem with Google Search, I've deleted it but on lockscreen, search button on top of unlock ring is stay there. Not a "real" problem but I want to tell u this.

Finally, whatever u do, this is my final ROM for this phone, and i've been happy every time when I see the update.

Edited by ascendtomy

Obviously I can't include Root Explorer because it's a paid app, but ES File Explorer does have the same features and it's speed can be increased if you disable some settings and change the folder view style. So it's the best free file manager IMO.

When it comes to Shuttle vs Apollo, that I'd have to disagree with. It's just that I've tried multiple versions of Apollo and they've all been really poor. Like artwork was slow to load, notification control was sloppy and feature wise it's not that great. Shuttle on the other hand has way more features and it does everything that it's supposed to. Yes it uses a little more memory but that's to be expected with all of it's features.

I'm glad you have a different opinion because that's exactly why I'm thinking of making these specific apps non-system apps instead. It would offer people a good base set of apps, but they could easily uninstall them and switch them for something else if they wanted to do that.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest matteussz_

How many people think that Android Firewall, ES File Explorer, Shuttle and maybe YouTube should be installed as easily uninstallable apps by default rather than system apps? I think going forward I'll remove Google News & Weather and Google Search since both of these apps aren't important and can be downloaded from the Play Store.

Keep in mind that apps that aren't installed as system apps will go missing if you reset your device or wipe your data via recovery. That's why it's sometimes better to always have a file manager on the system partition, but of course everyone has their preferred file manager so it's not possible to please everyone.

@Takamoto

You won't notice any real improvements with them two. The only one you'll notice a change with is the one for high end gfx.

For me, these are unnecessary, Android Firewall, ES and Shuttle are disabled because I use TC and Apollo, and I always convert YT to a user app. But it'd be great if Xposed Installer and GravityBox was a system app by default, so they won't get deleted after a factory reset.

Guest xxirioxx

I deleted Android Firewall and Shuttle (I use Poweramp) and disabled Google News and Google Search. As you said they are useless  :D

Edited by xxirioxx