[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

I flashed but swap doesn't work, i checked with diskinfo, maybe a mistake in the script?

Redownload it. It wasn't picking up on the 1M so I changed it and it works now. Just give it a little while after boot to create the 128MB file.

If you've got a fast SD card then you can change the partition to /sdcard and comment out the mount line.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest killadroid

does swap improve performance & does it drain battery?

I had an LG L3 & swap hard bricked it.that swapper 2 app

Edited by killadroid

does swap improve performance & does it drain battery?

It does drain slightly on battery as the CPU is used more. There's also zRAM vs. Swap. zRAM can actually be faster as long as it's not large.

Neither zRAM or Swap will improve performance in any major way. They just boost memory slightly so that you can run more apps in the background.

Doesn't swapping on internal partitions kill the phone?

It can wear things down quicker. Like most apps write and read to the data partition, but of course having a swap there will wear things down quicker. It still likely wouldn't be for a few years depending on the quality of the memory, by which point you'll probably have another phone.

It's better to use zRAM or put the swap file on your SD card if you've got a good class 10 card.

zRAM with the stable version of Synopsis would be done like this.

#!/system/bin/sh

echo $((50*1024*1024)) > /sys/block/zram0/disksize;
mkswap /dev/block/zram0;
swapon /dev/block/zram0;
Edited by H3ROS

Guest milangfx

Thanks H3ROS for the ROM! I've been using it for a long time.

I would like to declutter my lockscreen. I use pattern unlock so I have the 'Emergency call' button at the bottom. I've alredy managed to remove the carrier text both from the lockscreen and from the extended view of the statusbar with the XBlast Tools Xposed module. (I'm still lookink for a way to do it without Xposed modules.) 

However I still can't get rid of the Emergency call button. The Lockscreen Tweakbox module doesn't seem to do anything when I tick the ''Hide Emergency" option. Yes, I rebooted.

Is there a way to remove it manually?

I've tried to decompile the SystemUI.apk and the framework-res.apk and recompile without any modifications, but I don't get the same .apk (in size) as the original one. The recompiled SystemUI made my background totally black and I couldn't change it. I tried using apktool v2.0.0b9 and v2.0.0RC2, the framework-res.apk of this ROM is at c:\Users\milangfx\apktool\framework\1.apk. What's the correct way of replacing system apps? adb push, then chmod 644 in adb shell, then adb reboot? I could replace the SystemUI.apk and set permissions in Root Explorer with no problem, but when I replaced the framework-res.apk it instantly crashed and got into a bootloop.

What do you use to modify .apk's? 

Can you provide a framework-res.apk (or whatever has to be changed) that removes the carrier texts and the Emergency call button?

Edited by milangfx

Guest milangfx

I didn't edit anything, just recompiled right after decompiling, just to see if it works. Well, it doesn't. I use APKToolGUI v2.3.2.0 but I guess using the terminal wouldn't make any difference. It's the same apktool.jar after all.

Thanks for the .zip, it works great! Did you sign framework-res.apk? I don't have META-INF after recompiling. 

Guest FrankAxtell

@H3ROS, anyway swap doesn't work, maybe the problem is in subfolder, can you remove it from the script, i think that the swap file must be only in the system folder, thanks

Guys help please. So today, I rebooted my phone and greenify dissapeared. When I try to install it it say insufficient storage space, both Play store and apk install. Anyone knows what is the problem?

Guest killadroid

Guys help please. So today, I rebooted my phone and greenify dissapeared. When I try to install it it say insufficient storage space, both Play store and apk install. Anyone knows what is the problem?

mmh u use any int2ext script?

Guest LotR656

Just remove any app. You fill 1GB so there is no space for new apps. If you dont have a lot of apps then clear data from apps like Facebook, Google Chrome and other browsers. After that, you will be able to install new apps. Dont use Lucky patcher or something.

Guest Viper X

i dont know if im the only one experiencing this problem but, when i am updating my application on playstore, sometimes it says that insufficient storage but when i look , i have enough space to update the apps. what do you think could be the problem?