[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

H3ROS can you plz help me how to remove script and zram for sypnosis kernel by modding33 i want to flash your zram. Tnx

Use a file manager with root access granted and go to /system/etc/init.d/ and delete any files apart from 01extra and 02zipalign.

@apider

Here in the UK it's 4:49pm and it's not yet dark, but it's going dark. The screen goes to it's lowest brightness level for a few reasons.

1. As it gets darker the screens supposed to be less bright so that you don't strain your eyes

2. It's still bright enough to see everything

3. It extends the battery life a little

With the stock values automatic never drops to the minimum value like it should. It doesn't do that because the light sensor has a limited range.

I could give you a patch with the stock brightness, but then every time I release an update that includes framework-res you'll need to receive a custom update. The alternative is to install Lux Auto or Lux Lite and see if they help.

Edited by H3ROS

Guys tell me, is here battery life ok?

I kind off think that something drains much of my battery. I was messing up with disabling google play services, maybe thats the reason. post-1040382-14162547379627_thumb.jpg

Guest mark Toledano

Ok, but i have the low brightness also with medium light.

I did not have this problem with the rom stock.

Use a file manager with root access granted and go to /system/etc/init.d/ and delete any files apart from 01extra and 02zipalign.

@apider

Here in the UK it's 4:49pm and it's not yet dark, but it's going dark. The screen goes to it's lowest brightness level for a few reasons.

1. As it gets darker the screens supposed to be less bright so that you don't strain your eyes

2. It's still bright enough to see everything

3. It extends the battery life a little

With the stock values automatic never drops to the minimum value like it should. It doesn't do that because the light sensor has a limited range.

I could give you a patch with the stock brightness, but then every time I release an update that includes framework-res you'll need to receive a custom update. The alternative is to install Lux Auto or Lux Lite and see if they help.

H3ros this is inside of init.d folder 01extra, 02zipalign, 04zram, s00_initd.... Should i delate it all then flash ur zram for this rom? Tnx waiting for ur reply.

@krux3r

Seems okay. It probably is Google Play Services draining your battery, if anything.

@mark Toledano

Remove just 00_initd and nothing else and you should be fine.

Guest killadroid

@krux3r I use greenify donation.greenifying play store & play services really improves battery & frees a lot of ram

Edited by killadroid

Guest xxirioxx

Yes ;) Google play service will be enabled when it's called by another application and it will be disabled again when the screen goes off, so it won't run in background.

Yes ;) Google play service will be enabled when it's called by another application and it will be disabled again when the screen goes off, so it won't run in background.

But how it affects battery, does it reduce battery life?

Guest killadroid

ViPER4Android is installed in this ROM? I don't find it after a few days, and I don't remember if it was or not.

maybe u removed it.it's supposed to be there

@killadroid

Will try.

@H3ROS

Could you make that instead of "Vrijeme ukljucenosti" it says "Vrijeme uklj."

I'll get it done for the next update

ViPER4Android is installed in this ROM? I don't find it after a few days, and I don't remember if it was or not.

It's there. If it's going missing then you've got a bad install and you should probably try with a fresh version of the ROM.

BTW I noticed gravity box doesn't patch the fake I'd bug,bluebox app shows that its vulnerable. if anyone wants the xposed module for fake I'd fix here it is http://repo.xposed.info/module/tungstwenty.xposed.fakeidfix

Actually GravityBox does patch it. The patch doesn't display an updated state in the Bluebox scanner because GravityBox doesn't fake it like the standalone patch does.

// Affect Bluebox Security Scanner detection only if the module is active and the ROM wasn't already fixed
  if (BLUEBOX_PACKAGE.equals(lpparam.packageName) && !romAlreadyFixed && hooksInstalled) {
   // Change the reported "createChain" method signature to include the 3rd parameter on the official AOSP correction
   findAndHookMethod(Method.class, "getParameterTypes", new XC_MethodHook() {
    @Override
    protected void afterHookedMethod(MethodHookParam param) throws Throwable {
     Method m = (Method) param.thisObject;
     if ("createChain".equals(m.getName())
             && "org.apache.harmony.security.utils.JarUtils".equals(m.getDeclaringClass().getName())) {
      Class<?>[] result = (Class<?>[]) param.getResult();
      if (result.length == 2) {
       // Simulate that the method receives a 3rd parameter, boolean
       Class<?>[] newResult = new Class<?>[3];
       System.arraycopy(result, 0, newResult, 0, 2);
       newResult[2] = boolean.class;
       param.setResult(newResult);
      }
     }
    }
   });
  }

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=54801482&postcount=8007

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=54820371&postcount=8021

I'll continue to work on the ROM, not that there's much to do though. Like right now all of the fixes are just translations.

The odds of a stable Lollipop build for the Y300/G510 are very slim. Even KitKat still has bugs to this very day, so Lollipop will likely always have issues of some kind. Some people will put up with them issues too simply because it's a newer version of Android, but many people stick with stock ROM's because they're stable, everything works and the battery life is always good.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest killadroid

i feel like when cm12 comes out many ppl will rush to try it(including me) then complain about how its unstable. I too was a user who would just want to have the latest android version to brag to my friends & stuff but I realized no one really cares.at the end if the day I just want a phone which can do everything it was designed to do :)

I'm already using it and the performance seems ok and battery too

Of course I haven't tested it with ril and wifi :P

But KitKat does have issues no matter what ROM you use and Lollipops a major update so it's guaranteed to have some bugs. On KitKat, however, the battery always dies quicker or you'll have people saying that they encounter a random reboot every now and then or there's apps that just don't behave correctly. Like Skype may not work unless you use a specific governor, Talk, Hangouts, Facebook calls, Viber etc. Basically anything that makes use of video or audio seems to be a bit unstable from time to time. Like I said though, some people will put up with that and use one of them ROM's simply because it's a newer version of Android. I'm not one of them people. I don't care about the Android version as long as it's stable and it has the apps I that want for it, which is why you don't see me in any of the Android 4.4.x threads.

Some might say, well why don't I work on an Android 4.4.x ROM and help to fix the issues. The answer to that is that I don't really like Huawei phones and I don't want to put that much time into something. Like I only purchased my Y300 so that I could help a friend of mine who wanted a stable AOSP ROM.

Guest luca020400

But KitKat does have issues no matter what ROM you use and Lollipops a major update so it's guaranteed to have some bugs. On KitKat, however, the battery always dies quicker or you'll have people saying that they encounter a random reboot every now and then or there's apps that just don't behave correctly. Like Skype may not work unless you use a specific governor, Talk, Hangouts, Facebook calls, Viber etc. Basically anything that makes use of video or audio seems to be a bit unstable from time to time. Like I said though, some people will put up with that and use one of them ROM's simply because it's a newer version of Android. I'm not one of them people. I don't care about the Android version as long as it's stable and it has the apps I that want for it, which is why you don't see me in any of the Android 4.4.x threads.

Some might say, well why don't I work on an Android 4.4.x ROM and help to fix the issues. The answer to that is that I don't really like Huawei phones and I don't want to put that much time into something. Like I only purchased my Y300 so that I could help a friend of mine who wanted a stable AOSP ROM.

Yes , there are a lot issues in every kitkat rom ( random reboots etc ) but some users ( like me ) haven't these bugs/problems ( probaly because I only use whatsapp )

If you bought this phone for help a friend you have all my respect :D

I've mentioned how I got my Y300 before. Basically my friends using a Y300-0151 and I told them that I'd help to fix up FusionX, which they were using at the time. It was hard to debug a ROM without owning the device myself and with every bug I fixed another one would be found, so I went and bought a Y300 and started on an AOSP mod of the stock ROM from scratch.

I like that I've helped my friend and that people here enjoy the ROM, but I now hate Huawei hardware. Never buy a phone with 512MB of RAM and always make sure the kernel gets support and hasn't been butchered.