[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

I have a problem (well, not a really big problem)

The FM Radio makes an annoying sound when I open any app, included Browser (like a "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" that sounds until I open again the app from the recents apps)... How can I fix it?

And a doubt... what works better? Swapdragon or ZRAM?

Swapdragon or ZRAM?

This swapdragon... stop it please! there aren't benefits in using a dual SWAP! Use a single SWAP (script provided by H3ROS in a previous post) or zRAM (this script too is provided by H3ROS)

This swapdragon... stop it please! there aren't benefits in using a dual SWAP! Use a single SWAP (script provided by H3ROS in a previous post) or zRAM (this script too is provided by H3ROS)

Sorry, sorry... I mean SWAP :P ... I'm using a script that posted another user when I used the stock ROM (This: http://www.modaco.com/topic/370237-all-modother-disableenable-swap-zram-fstrim/) with modding33k's kernel (swap in system) + fstrim +zipalign...

And... Have I to use Swap or ZRam? Why can't be used together?

Sorry, sorry... I mean SWAP :P ... I'm using a script that posted another user when I used the stock ROM (This: http://www.modaco.com/topic/370237-all-modother-disableenable-swap-zram-fstrim/) with modding33k's kernel (swap in system) + fstrim +zipalign...

And... Have I to use Swap or ZRam? Why can't be used together?

Zipalign and fstrim are already enabled in this ROM by default, H3ROS included a script for this..

SWAP and zRAM can't be used together simply because one will be replaced by the other one..

As i said, H3ROS made a perfect script for both and as soon as he sees this conversation, he will link them to you for sure :), or you can just find them in this topic, remember, you can use ONE of them, not both

Guys tell me, is this ok?

attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-11-19-12-50-45.png

It isn't, but you can't do so much without disabling some google services, latests Google Play Services's have too much wakelocks, what i did to avoid this, is installing the app "Disable Service" and disable "ConfigFetchService" and "UserPresenceService", the number of wakelocks drastically decreased

Edited by fonz93

@fonz93

Ok bruh. Will try. I already disabled some services mentioned here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/373146-[GUIDE]-Tweaking-Google-Play-Services-to-use-less-RAM

But one problem is, a service called SystemUpdateService runs all the time, when I disable it then phone never goes to deep sleep.

Check the thread atached to see my problem.

Edited by krux3r

@fonz93

Ok bruh. Will try. I already disabled some services mentioned here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/373146-[GUIDE]-Tweaking-Google-Play-Services-to-use-less-RAM

But one problem is, a service called SystemUpdateService runs all the time, when I disable it then phone never goes to deep sleep.

Check the thread atached to see my problem.

I suggest you to don't disable too much services to avoid future problems, disabling the services i mentioned should be enough

I suggest you to don't disable too much services to avoid future problems, disabling the services i mentioned should be enough

Ok. Those services mentioned are disabled for more ram to have, nothing happens when they are disabled.

After a restart with your settings so far so good. Will post back after a while.

Guest killadroid

Download *.irs files from https://app.box.com/s/furnmnpdoyz0qxgo5upq

Just copy '*.irs' files to 'Viper4Android/Kernel' directory in your sdcard and select it in the convolver:

• In "Settings", "UI Settings" select "Expert"
  • Enable "Convolver"
  • Set "Impulse Response" to Tracks DeEssed Master 2.irs
can't see the convolver option.I already set it to expert

edit:I saw it thanx

Edited by killadroid

Guest mark Toledano

@H3ROS i edit the build.prop and put this line

ro.ril.gprsclass=12 ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14 ro.ril.hsupa.category=7 ro.ril.hsxpa=2 ro.ril.enable.dtm=1

ro.ril.hep=1

ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1

ro.ril.enable.a53=1

Bcoz i read about some article in boosting of internet connection in other forum. I test it of its work and it awesome it change the speed. I want to hear about your opinion if its realy works. Bcoz i test in mobilespeednet.com and really a big changes in internet connection.

What is the best method for increasing ram memory: swap 128mb or zram 50mb?

Most will say 50MB of zRAM. It's much faster than using a swap file.

@farfix

If you're still getting that problem then it can't be fixed, at least on the software side of things. It happens because RAM becomes too low. My only suggestion is to download an Xposed module called App Settings, activate it and reboot and then set the radio to "resident".

50MB zRAM - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzpRBylyuvsXX3hxTkFnWWZXMm8/

128MB SWAP - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzpRBylyuvsXS1RnckxJR1hxMzQ/

@mark Toledano

I'm unable to test right now. I pretty much never use mobile data and I've got no credit for it.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest matteussz_

Isn't ZRam draining battery?

If it isn't noticeable, I might stick with it. Recently I've been playing Clash of Clans, but it consumes so much RAM, even foreground services get closed when I play. Maybe ZRam will help with this.

Edited by matteussz_

Guest killadroid

Isn't ZRam draining battery?

If it isn't noticeable, I might stick with it. Recently I've been playing Clash of Clans, but it consumes so much RAM, even foreground services get closed when I play. Maybe ZRam will help with this.

am testing if it will drain

Guest felipovicc

Hey i flashed synopsis and i tweak some stuff with kernel tweaker but now im having an issue. When the phone is sleeping and i hit the power button the screen takes a while to go on. Tried reinstalling the kernel but i still have that "problem". Any solution for that besides reinstalling the ROM?

Edited by felipovicc

Could it be the governor? That or the minmum CPU speed is too low. The stock kernel uses 320 MHz as the minimum, ondemand as the governor and cfg as the IO scheduler.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest felipovicc

Could it be the governor? That or the minmum CPU speed is too low. The stock kernel uses 320 MHz as the minimum, ondemand as the governor and cfg as the IO scheduler.

Just checked and still the same. Thanks anyway!

Edit:Fixed by changing to Performance Control and wiping cache, don't know why though. Thanks.

Edited by felipovicc

@felipovicc

Which version of synopsis kernel did you install? some nightly versions had this bug

Any idea if moddingg33k is actually still working on the kernel? I've not seen him active on the forum in a while. Chil360's kernel seems to be getting more work done to it for KK/L.

Any idea if moddingg33k is actually still working on the kernel? I've not seen him active on the forum in a while. Chil360's kernel seems to be getting more work done to it for KK/L.

This is his last message:

At the moment the kernel project is resting a little bit. I need an idea what's the best thing I could do since there aren't any official sources for the Y300-0100. Only for Y300-J1 and for the Y300-A1. But those are not exactly the versions which mach best for our device.

Edited by fonz93