[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest fonz93

Yeah, I commented on it in the Synopsis thread. I'm currently comparing B200 to B209 and I may release an update eventually.

Did you see differences in the baseband?

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

The baseband is the same size as B193(UK), B197(UK), B198(WE) and B200(GV) but it's different.

AMSS.MBN = 77c4801f1b0d1be4f9f74ddd12d9509e

AMSSHD.MBN = 89cd8a4ac303c88df69fbf4c6600efcc

Guest H3ROS

I'm just happy to know that upgrading to B209 is going to be a walk in the park for me. I only have to change a few libs, bins, framework.jar (needs repatching) and build.prop :)

Guest fonz93

There is a new line at the end of "hw_defaults.xml":

<string unshow_noanswerforward_dialog="true"/>

I don't know what it does.

"virtualNets-conf.xml" in /system/etc have some modifies too.

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

It looks like it'll be something to do with calls. That's if it's actually used.

The framework seems to have some AudioService changes. Everything else is identical, which is a little odd as that doesn't match up with the new build.prop strings.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

I've pretty much got this updated to B209 now. I might upload it tonight, but first I'm doing some audio tests since that seems to be the biggest change.

Update: Everythings uploaded. It should work perfectly :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest wator

I've pretty much got this updated to B209 now. I might upload it tonight, but first I'm doing some audio tests since that seems to be the biggest change.

Update: Everythings uploaded. It should work perfectly :)

Thanks H3ROS, installed, and works great.

Guest xxirioxx

Wipe only after, if you wipe before and after flashing is useless :D

I have a question: I didn't installed the previous update4, can I install update5?

Guest squal

I did both, just to be sure.

Wipe only after, if you wipe before and after flashing is useless :D

I have a question: I didn't installed the previous update4, can I install update5?

tnxs:)

Guest ZolaIII

It's cache (application cache) their is no difference if its wiped before or after flashing as it's rebuild in second hi Android boot phase.

You can flash last updated over older one. If something how ever miss behave do the clean flash.

Guest Romagnolo1973

To prevent any posiible issue I backup my data, I made all the wipe except sd and flash the full install from zero, then I restore my data backup and made a wipe cache. 

Guest H3ROS

You don't actually need to perform any wipes with the update as the update will do everything for you.

Update 5 includes all previous updates :)

Guest huehue90

how to change kernel without flashing kernel zip? is it ok just to change boot.img na libs in rom's zip with boot.img and libs from kernel zip?

Edited by huehue90

Guest H3ROS

You mean to change the kernel that I provide to something like Synopsis? You need to replace the boot.img as well as the modules.

You've actually reminded me that I need to upload the B209 kernel later so that people can revert back to stock if they choose to.

Guest huehue90

yes, i want do that for testing purposes ;)

and just one question, what is difference in stock and synopsis rom? this topic is named "stock" but zip name contains "synopsis"

and i want put files from that kernel stable release to this rom for testing purposes, as i already mentioned. because now only few apps can be loaded into memory. let's say i'm frequently using 2 apps and often switching between them, when I change to second app, when changing back to first it's already released from memory and needs to load again, which takes some time. I've used many roms and this is the best so far, except this thing which little bothers me

so I want to see how it's going to work with other kernel :)

sorry about my bad english :D

Guest H3ROS

Although that threads called stock it's actually used for both of modding33k's kernels. When I say stock though I actually mean a kernel that Huawei compiled and distributed in one of their updates.

The stock kernel provided by Huawei is totally stable and allows calls over bluetooth. Any custom kernel such as moddingg33's "stock" or Synopsis can't do calls over bluetooth as the audio is output to the wrong speaker. That's something that Huawei is to blame for as they've not released an updated kernel source that contains the bluetooth changes they've made.

If you had to pick between moddingg33k's kernels then use the very latest version of Synopsis. That's what has all of the performance tweaks and the stuff that you're after. As of right now this is the latest version.

I don't know if a change of kernel will help much with the memory issue. That's the main problem this phone has. It's low on free memory because it gives the GPU over 100MB of the 512MB of RAM. If it didn't do that things would work a little better.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest huehue90

I don't know if a change of kernel will help much with the memory issue. That's the main problem this phone has. It's low on free memory because it gives the GPU over 100MB of the 512MB of RAM. If it didn't do that things would work a little better.

I know that, but on all other roms I didn't have that "problem". For example on other roms I use let's say facebook messenger and opera mini. And both apps are constantly loaded in memory and switching between them is quick. On this rom I'm now in messenger, I change to opera mini and it loads, use it for few moments, change back to messenger and it loads again, few seconds later I change back to opera mini and it loads again as it has never been loaded and so on... On other roms I've used 2-3 apps simultaneously without reloading. I've been changing number of processes in dev options, but none of that helped