Phone will not start up or charge!

Guest mesaalex

Guest mesaalex

I used a samsung charger to charge my Huawei Ascend Y300 because I couldn't find my Huawei charger. The battery was low about 20%, I plugged in samsung charger, and power went down to 7% although it showed the charging sign. Eventually it shut down although it was connected. Now I can't get it to turn on. I used a battery charger to charge the battery for a whole day and it still would not turn on. I connected it to my PC and I heard that sound which means its connected( I tried both with and without battery) but it still would not turn on. I think I eventually found the correct charger but it still won't turn on. I tried rebooting, removing the battery but still.. nothing. I only had the phone for 2 months.

Guest JimNu

If you've only had it 2 months then you should be able to take it back to where you purchased it.  Failing that, it sounds as though your battery has failed, does it look ok; not bloated and the contacts are clean?  Perhaps you could try getting a new battery only.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I've had messed up problems before. My phone refused to charge unless it had the extender cable that I used with it, while connected to my computer. Take the extender off, no charge - even from the wall charger using the phone's original charger. I hope you didn't have an extender as well! If not, then you're going to need to try the last charger that you used with the computer - in my case it was a blackberry cable charging my android phone... with the extender, of course... once it charged enough, II had to reflash my ROM because the phone just INSISTED I have the extender for everything! Including just using it with the wall charger - but definitely with the computer.