Continuation of IODAK's excellent work. [kernel] updated 14-09-02

Guest Mourta

Guest daniel.mota

Hello guys, Did any one got the phone unresponsive/very hot after 30 min of use? I am using abyssplug governor/balanced/1300 MHZ

It happened to me, also, in the last days.

I went back to interactive govenor because of that. The phone was too hot and the battery was draining fast.

Today I am trying abyssplug again, and using the phone less time, it has been cool all day long.

Guest TheSonic

It happened to me, also, in the last days.

I went back to interactive govenor because of that. The phone was too hot and the battery was draining fast.

Today I am trying abyssplug again, and using the phone less time, it has been cool all day long.

I am using the stock ROM "Zaiben RC14" right now to compare the battery/performance when the phone is under load ,, I will submit my feedback by the end of the day

Guest Mourta

Mourta Can You build this kernel to stock

It's already built to fit stock, i can make a bootimage for stock roms if you'd like, send me your boot.img.

Guest daniel.mota

All of you suffering from the "non responsive heating" problem, which ROM are you running?

In my case it wasn't "non responsive", in fact the phone was very fast.

It was just hot and very battery draining, while using your liquid rom and your latest kernel in abyssplug (tegra variant 0).

And another problem I encountered, sometimes the phone doesn't charge to 100%, no matter how much time I leave it plugged in.

It gets to 90-95% and doesn't charge any further, it seems that the phone is spending a lot of energy, even if it is just sitting in a table.

Edited by daniel.mota

Guest Donar81

In my case it wasn't "non responsive", in fact the phone was very fast.

It was just hot and very battery draining, while using your liquid rom and your latest kernel in abyssplug (tegra variant 0).

And another problem I encountered, sometimes the phone doesn't charge to 100%, no matter how much time I leave it plugged in.

It gets to 90-95% and doesn't charge any further, it seems that the phone is spending a lot of energy, even if it is just sitting in a table.

I had this problem too (Tegra variant 0) disabling inbuild weather service and weather in clock solves this for me

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

@all you guys who are experiencing "not full charging" problems while using abyssplug: try to set governor to interactive, at least while charging the phone, and probably you'll not face this problem; I think it's due to the minimum frequency asked by the kernel when phone is under charging and abyssplug is set (370 Mhz), while if you use interactive the minimum frequency used by cpu is 51 Mhz, so the phone asks for less power (the lower is the frequency, the lower are the millivolts used by the cpu). This frequency difference is probably due to CPUquiet issues, as Mourta said before, so probably it will be fixed on next version, where cpuquiet and cpufreq should be updated

Guest Krislv

@all you guys who are experiencing "not full charging" problems while using abyssplug: try to set governor to interactive, at least while charging the phone, and probably you'll not face this problem; I think it's due to the minimum frequency asked by the kernel when phone is under charging and abyssplug is set (370 Mhz), while if you use interactive the minimum frequency used by cpu is 51 Mhz, so the phone asks for less power (the lower is the frequency, the lower are the millivolts used by the cpu). This frequency difference is probably due to CPUquiet issues, as Mourta said before, so probably it will be fixed on next version, where cpuquiet and cpufreq should be updated

I see, it's that very same problem I've got, maybe for now it's better to stick to interactive then?

Btw @mourta I'm using your rom, it's very fast and reliable, loss of network happens rarely, and everything works fine, but I noticed sending sms sometimes it makes the message apk crash, next time it happens I'll try to get a log.

Edit: instead of trying interactive I'll try using abyssplug with runnable, if I recall well it didn't give me this problem. I'll give it a try and report.

Edit2: Unluckily using balanced with abyssplug keeps the phone in two cores mode. I guess there's some kind of problem, so for now I'll stick with abyssplug/balanced.

Edited by Krislv

Guest Stephan Binder

And how do you charge the phone? USB or AC? AC should be no problem, even if the CPU is at 370...

Guest Rufo3

Hello, I have have a problem...trickster mod tells me that gpu "range" is 0-200 and it always stuck on 200 even if the parameter of gpu max freq is 416..how can i solve?

Guest Krislv

Hello, I have have a problem...trickster mod tells me that gpu "range" is 0-200 and it always stuck on 200 even if the parameter of gpu max freq is 416..how can i solve?

Try to enable and disable gpu 3D scaling.

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

And how do you charge the phone? USB or AC? AC should be no problem, even if the CPU is at 370...

I tried these different config on AC, to be honest, and interactive makes a difference though, because phone stays on 51 Mhz instead of 370 Mhz, while charging, with a less consistent power use which let the phone charge till 100%, and after that preserves it from discharging, as long as it's connected to AC.. At least, this is my own experience :)

Guest ottomanhero

LS related

I had this problem too (Tegra variant 0) disabling inbuild weather service and weather in clock solves this for me

You can solve it without disabling weather, just set it's refresh interval to 6 hours, use "let system decide" for location and never choose anything related to GPS.For some reason it keeps GPS on 24/7 no matter if it already acquired your position.

Guest Donar81

LS related

You can solve it without disabling weather, just set it's refresh interval to 6 hours, use "let system decide" for location and never choose anything related to GPS.For some reason it keeps GPS on 24/7 no matter if it already acquired your position.

Thank you it work´s. No more high cpu frequencies with weather enabled while gps is disabled

Guest daniel.mota

How do I do that?

By deleting de apks?

Guest daniel.mota

Yes, this problem occurs with AC charging.

I've changed cpu govenor to wheatley, and it seems much more battery friendly than abyssplug.

Guest Donar81

How do I do that?

By deleting de apks?

on Liquid Smoth go to settings > interface > clock widget > weather panel and

settings > notification drawer > weather

there you can disable weather or change the settings

Guest daniel.mota

on Liquid Smoth go to settings > interface > clock widget > weather panel and

settings > notification drawer > weather

there you can disable weather or change the settings

Thanks.

I already had the second part (notification weather) disabled, will try now also disabling de clock widget weather.

Guest TheSonic

All of you suffering from the "non responsive heating" problem, which ROM are you running?

I am using your ROM/Kernel I got the phone overheat and unresponsive after 30 min of intensive use and I have the CPU max clock set to 1300 / abyssplug

Guest ottomanhero

I'm going to do some feedback, I think runnable cpuquiet governor needs to be tweaked in order to be more battery friendly.As even scrolling down in trickstermod, it ran all 4 cores on, while doing the same with balanced governor, or even more cpu-bound tasks such as switching between tabs, only ran 2 cores online without any lags.

you might say that could be a placebo.But I tested both with interactive governor, mostly same daily apps used in both tests and balanced left me with more juice in the end of the day.

Guest Mourta

I'm going to do some feedback, I think runnable cpuquiet governor needs to be tweaked in order to be more battery friendly.As even scrolling down in trickstermod, it ran all 4 cores on, while doing the same with balanced governor, or even more cpu-bound tasks such as switching between tabs, only ran 2 cores online without any lags.

you might say that could be a placebo.But I tested both with interactive governor, mostly same daily apps used in both tests and balanced left me with more juice in the end of the day.

I don't, runnable is supposed to work that way, it is supposed to scale up as fast as possible on any event and return to lowest possible amount of active cores as fast as possible. It's like running performance as your CPU governor.

The question is... is this a good thing or a bad thing? Race to idle (get it done as fast as possible so we can return to low power core) isn't just theory, it works in many cases.

Testing needed on this, of course.

Now test runnable with abyssplug.

Guest Mourta

I am using your ROM/Kernel I got the phone overheat and unresponsive after 30 min of intensive use and I have the CPU max clock set to 1300 / abyssplug

OK, i have been running the latest version of my released kernel and ROM and i don't have this problem.

Guest TheSonic

OK, i have been running the latest version of my released kernel and ROM and i don't have this problem.

Thanks for your reply, Can you please give us some hints about which CPU and Cpuquiet governors to use? or the governors you are using for testing