LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

Guest ottomanhero

So whats marked is running and whars not marked is blocked? 

What marked and has a color of blue, is runing.What is not marked is blocked indeed.

But if the color of the text is white, it means it is allowed to be run but is not runing at the moment.

I'd recommend you to turn on wifi, then check runing services via that app, any blue colored numbers indicate runing services.Turn off the services which you don't want, such as some games runing services in background as soon as you turn on wifi.

I however, recommend you to not touch any google or system related apps, as turning off some services may require you to re-flash gapps.Turning them back on doesn't always fix the issues.Plus some of these services have their use.

Edited by ottomanhero

Guest fozland

First of all Thanks to U @Mourta for your amazing job on both Kernel and LS ROM.

After 3 days testing on your LS version coming from Beanstalk i can say that your optimizations are very impressive of smoothness and stability.

But i notice one thing weird: after have read many thing about ART benefits on this thread, i made  a new clean install and restored my apps and data with TB, switched from dalvik to ART and then some of my aps FC (Larousse UK to french dictionary V4.0 and French dictionary  V 5.0.1, i use the larousse french to spanish as well which is working fine ).

So i've tried to uninstall/install but then the aps doesn't want to install, i've tried many other apps and all is OK.

Then i've done a new clean install (Obviously full wiped everything except internal and external SD) switch to ART prior than install anything and after several reboot i try again to install my famous dictionaries still the same: install starts and the phone can't manage to complete it.

After one day testing i assume this is ART related.....

So i roll back to Dalvik. 

Any ideas? 

Guest ottomanhero

@fozland

I know the exact cause of this issue.

For some reason, titanium backup stops installing some apps if you go too heavy on your phone while it's restoring.And ART uses a considerable amount of resources during installation with ART lib active.So if TB stopped restoring during installation of app in question, it will corrupt the installed apk so you won't be able to launch it, otherwise you'll never be able to install that apk, older/newer versions of it from either playstore or TB.

The only fix I've found so far is reinstalling everything, after wiping system/cache/data (not internal sd card).

You can use same backup to restore, however leave your phone to do the restore and don't use it during restore process.This can happen with dalvik aswell, but as it's much faster to install an app with dalvik and also requires less resources, most of the time users don't suffer from such an error.I believe this is caused by TB service being stopped somehow, installation gets interrupted and also corrupted.

ART is worth using, decreases loading times of apps and increases your battery considerably.It also removes some small stutters in some games.

Guest Stephan Binder

Little OT: I just got an invitation for an one+ one 64GB. So, my p880 will soon retire I guess. :-)

Has anyone of you experiences with this phone?

Guest Mourta

Update:

There are massive problems with the liquid source at this point in time, it boots and it runs but it's not something i want to release. To make sure it wasn't only my optimizations i removed them and the problems persist.

IF you want to have nightly updates for no good reason what so ever, if you enjoy wasting your time installing things for the sake of "it's newer so it has to be better" then this is NOT the ROM for you.

I'll release when there is a good reason to release, i will try to keep it weekly but if there are problems or if the newer version doesn't add anything i won't release it for the sake of putting a new version out there.

Guest Stephan Binder

Update:

There are massive problems with the liquid source at this point in time, it boots and it runs but it's not something i want to release. To make sure it wasn't only my optimizations i removed them and the problems persist.

IF you want to have nightly updates for no good reason what so ever, if you enjoy wasting your time installing things for the sake of "it's newer so it has to be better" then this is NOT the ROM for you.

I'll release when there is a good reason to release, i will try to keep it weekly but if there are problems or if the newer version doesn't add anything i won't release it for the sake of putting a new version out there.

Good point...

Guest Mourta

@fozland

I know the exact cause of this issue.

For some reason, titanium backup stops installing some apps if you go too heavy on your phone while it's restoring.And ART uses a considerable amount of resources during installation with ART lib active.So if TB stopped restoring during installation of app in question, it will corrupt the installed apk so you won't be able to launch it, otherwise you'll never be able to install that apk, older/newer versions of it from either playstore or TB.

The only fix I've found so far is reinstalling everything, after wiping system/cache/data (not internal sd card).

You can use same backup to restore, however leave your phone to do the restore and don't use it during restore process.This can happen with dalvik aswell, but as it's much faster to install an app with dalvik and also requires less resources, most of the time users don't suffer from such an error.I believe this is caused by TB service being stopped somehow, installation gets interrupted and also corrupted.

ART is worth using, decreases loading times of apps and increases your battery considerably.It also removes some small stutters in some games.

Coming from another ROM a clean install means that you don't restore anything.

TB is quite useless for most things, always has been and a login will download and install all your apps just fine (including paid apps) so why not do it the recommended way?

You'll only do it once on each ROM.

Guest technofreak

TB is quite useless for most things, always has been and a login will download and install all your apps just fine (including paid apps) so why not do it the recommended way?

If i understand well, if i want to run on ART without problems i need to make clean install and change to ART and then install apps (no backup) or is the same if i just switch to ART any time. Sorry for maybe stupid question,b ut i'm little confused now.

Guest Mourta

If i understand well, if i want to run on ART without problems i need to make clean install and change to ART and then install apps (no backup) or is the same if i just switch to ART any time. Sorry for maybe stupid question,b ut i'm little confused now.

You can switch to ART at any time, be prepared to wait up to 20 minutes or even more if you have a lot of apps installed though. I suggest you charge your phone fully beforehand.

Guest technofreak

You can switch to ART at any time, be prepared to wait up to 20 minutes or even more if you have a lot of apps installed though. I suggest you charge your phone fully beforehand.

ok...thanks, i know that need some time to finish, drain 20% or more of battery. And one last question, why i have fo low quadrant score on I/O around 5k for I/O. I see that some users have over 7k in quadrant. I don't care for benchmark, the thing is what i wanna know is, should i need to change something or is that ok and does not have big effect on device performance on every day usage.

Guest Mourta

ok...thanks, i know that need some time to finish, drain 20% or more of battery. And one last question, why i have fo low quadrant score on I/O around 5k for I/O. I see that some users have over 7k in quadrant. I don't care for benchmark, the thing is what i wanna know is, should i need to change something or is that ok and does not have big effect on device performance on every day usage.

7.5k in Quadrant for me as per the OP.

It might vary a bit but it should be in the ballpark for everyone.

ART will give you much higher IO throughput so... That's why.

If you are using my ROM, my Kernel and ART then you should consistently see 7.5k scores in Quadrant, if you use dalvik you should see 5.5-6.2 scores depending on settings.

Guest fozland

Hello @Mourta,

Thx for answering, as i say in my first post,  i've made clean install and only tried to install a fresh downloaded apk and the phone never completed the install....

Do ART change some permissions somewhere ??

Do i need to wipe data on internal SDcard to be sure?

Guest fozland

Probably, those apps are not ART optimised yet

Yep, seems logical as they are the 2 only apps which are causing me troubles ;-)

Edit: U were right @Giuseppe Vallone, i've tried ART on several ROMs and result is always the same than with LS so U guys can be confident this is not ROM related but apps.....

Anyway LS is Good ;-)

Edited by fozland

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Hi,

news about new rom version release? I'm waiting to try the ril/baseband update and Hope to solve my drop signal problem.

thanks in advance

Please, wait a little bit more, we are testing the new stuff (kernel and rom) to be sure about all fixes..and yes, your baseband problem will probably fly away, 'cause the next kernel release we're testing SEEMS to have fixed it.. But please, give us some more time to be sure about everything ;)

Guys with ART I cannot use the home button, it doesn't work... I have no clue about it, it never happened..

Reboot into recovery and wipe dvalik and cache

Guest Krislv

Reboot into recovery and wipe dvalik and cache

I formatted cache and system and dalvik cache, maybe I need to format cache not from the mount option. I'll try this way (as I always did, but I wanted to reinstall gapps as well) and report if it fixes, thanks for the reply.

Guest tool_king

I formatted cache and system and dalvik cache, maybe I need to format cache not from the mount option. I'll try this way (as I always did, but I wanted to reinstall gapps as well) and report if it fixes, thanks for the reply.

Which GApps do you use?

Guest Krislv

Which GApps do you use?

Paranoid GApps, the biggest one (not the stock which replaces browser and all other apps), the 04/08/14 version. I'll try to download a newer version and see what happens. Thanks for the reply. :)

Guest Krislv

No luck, after reinstalling the rom + newer pa full modular pack + mourta's kernel, but I still have issues regarding the home button...

I did a system wipe, cache wipe and dalvik cache wipe

Edited by Krislv

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

No luck, after reinstalling the rom + newer pa full modular pack + mourta's kernel, but I still have issues regarding the home button...

I did a system wipe, cache wipe and dalvik cache wipe

Sometimes, this problem is due to keyboard.. Try installing Google keyboard, if you can, and select it to let it appear as ticked between the input methods (not necessary as predefined)

Guest Gmobilize

so does anyone have any ideas about this? sorry i have to bump this ,but the issue is quite annoying.

Problems with wifi: Once i leave the area of the network which im connected to ,the wifi state locks up and can not be changed unless i reboot. So i have to manually run wifi off each time before i leave the area of the network. Can this be somehow related to the wifi drivers update? any ideas?