LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

Guest guest07

Hi,

i've try the new release of liquid but, for me, is unsable.

The new rom do not manage the ssl connection in wifi (in my office i use a wifi with auto redirect to login proxy) and not reach the login page, wiht this release i have the lost signal problem very very often...every 15 minutes drop signal and need reboot.....Why all kk roms have this problem of drop signal? I'm really frustrated at the moment the only acceptable is the beanstalk with which I have 2 or 3 signal loss per day.

FYI the error during access to login page (https) is this

net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

The problem is present with all borowsers

Thanks in advance

I face a similiar problem with latest LS using VPN connection with OpenConnect or AnyConnect over Wifi and mobile. Http is working but https not. Even Apps using ssl connections do not work.

I had AFWall installed, so I thought may be thats the problem, but after a clean, wiped install + latest gapps, without any app except openconnect, the VPN is not working.

Do you need more information?

Edited by guest07

Guest TheSonic

For me The newest release with the new kernel "14-8" is a lot better especially when multitasking, Still the heat problems persists but the lags and freezes are pretty much fixed. Some times the become unresponsive when locking the screen after heavy work load but that doesn't occur usually. Its getting better and better keep it up

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

For me The newest release with the new kernel "14-8" is a lot better especially when multitasking, Still the heat problems persists but the lags and freezes are pretty much fixed. Some times the become unresponsive when locking the screen after heavy work load but that doesn't occur usually. Its getting better and better keep it up

Do you use multicore powersaving on trickster? If yes, try to set it to 0 Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest moneyvirus

I still suffer from lag when I use clash, viber and tapatalk :(

Do you use ART or dalvik? to be honest ART is not stable for me so i went back to dalvik and now i dont experince any lag its soooo smooth.....[emoji3]

Guest Krislv

Do you use ART or dalvik? to be honest ART is not stable for me so i went back to dalvik and now i dont experince any lag its soooo smooth.....[emoji3]

Using ART as suggested by many :c

Guest tool_king

What exactly isn't stable for you with ART? Some apps aren't compatible with ART yet, but that's not the fault of the ROM. I use ART since about a week now, and it's as stable as dalvik for me so far, just a lot snappier opening apps.

Guest moneyvirus

Well with not stable i mean i get nasty lags after Lets say 1hour of using the phone on ART when i clear recents its fine until i got a lot of apps again the lag is so bad i cant use the phone but Lets say for me its not a big deal i just love the combination mourta created only on dalvik and not on ART

Guest Gerard Szulc

What exactly isn't stable for you with ART? Some apps aren't compatible with ART yet, but that's not the fault of the ROM. I use ART since about a week now, and it's as stable as dalvik for me so far, just a lot snappier opening apps.

Hi tool_king i was using art too. But chrome beta was lagging like hell and keyboard too. Overall when i nad art battery drain was 0 and on dalvik it is huge.. It os hard too choose XD

Edit: after enabling mobile data connection there was massive lag on art.. Do you facing it too?

Edited by Gerard Szulc

Guest tool_king

Hi tool_king i was using art too. But chrome beta was lagging like hell and keyboard too. Overall when i nad art battery drain was 0 and on dalvik it is huge.. It os hard too choose XD

Edit: after enabling mobile data connection there was massive lag on art.. Do you facing it too?

I'm using Habit Browser and Minuum Keyboard instead of this Google stuff, and both is working flawlessly.

After switching mobile data on, there is a little lag, but this happened with dalvik as well for me.

Guest Gerard Szulc

I'm using Habit Browser and Minuum Keyboard instead of this Google stuff, and both is working flawlessly.

After switching mobile data on, there is a little lag, but this happened with dalvik as well for me.

Ok i switched again to art on new release and chrome is not lagging anymore :)

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

No I don't, Shall I use it?

Nope, I had this problem with that option enabled, but maybe it's not something related.. Anyway, let it stay as it is

Last rom version combined with last kernel version and 0day gapps... well cant run ART, cause some proces stoped. But will try it again tomorow. 
btw. How about last kernel with some older version of rom?

Guest Gerard Szulc

Last rom version combined with last kernel version and 0day gapps... well cant run ART, cause some proces stoped. But will try it again tomorow.

btw. How about last kernel with some older version of rom?

Try just to reboot

Guest ottomanhero

Art started to work, flashed new kernel, but after i switched to abysplug2 the home button stoped working. Back to dalvik on last rom version

Switch to ART, let it reboot, go to recovery and wipe cache & dalvik cache, fix permissions and restart.This usually fixes any problems that are caused during switching between dalvik and art.

@Those who are having lags with many apps open, decrease dalvik heapsize to either 256 or 288 in system/build.prop and also heapminfree should be set to 1m or 2m (swap k with m, if you enter just number without m your phone won't boot.E.g. 512k ---> 2m).This will give you more free ram so that you can multitask properly.

Also you can try your luck with third party apps to increase minfree values so that android will be more agressive towards killing of background processes.This would reduce your multitasking chances.Best solution however is playing with dalvik values and making sure no unnecessary app is left in recent apps.

Damnit, they removed notification weather :/, I liked that feature.Anyone know of any good alternatives that don't require xposed?

Formated, wiped, made a fresh install again and now it works. Still using ondemand as governor. Will switch to abysplug2 and see if it works as it should

Guest creedence

ART is not yet functioning properly.You can wipe everything and fix but nothing helps.Art freezes and hangs on.That is the fact.Everything else is just imagination.

Thanks

Guest ottomanhero

ART is not yet functioning properly.You can wipe everything and fix but nothing helps.Art freezes and hangs on.That is the fact.Everything else is just imagination.

Thanks

It is functioning well on most kitkat ROMs.It's first time I hear it causing mutltitasking issues.I'll have to try it sometime later but it just sounds weird.Maybe it's because of this ROM leaving you only about 20/100 of the RAM free.I however had 3 - 4 apps runing in background with 2 runing in split view, on 2 different floating windows and had no freezes here.I'll do some further testing and report back my findings

Guest Mourta

@Mourta: can you add Multicore power saving and LP core voltages (from trickster mod) to Performance (kernel tweaker). Would be awsome

I really hate programming Java and i'm busy with work/garden/house/children/grandchild/women and kernel/ROM so i'll get around to it in a few decades, maybe.

Here's the github if anyone wants to give it a go: https://github.com/cesco89/android-kernel-tweaker