LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

Switch to ART, let it reboot, go to recovery and wipe cache & dalvik cache, fix permissions and restart.This usually fixes any problems that are caused during switching between dalvik and art.

@Those who are having lags with many apps open, decrease dalvik heapsize to either 256 or 288 in system/build.prop and also heapminfree should be set to 1m or 2m (swap k with m, if you enter just number without m your phone won't boot.E.g. 512k ---> 2m).This will give you more free ram so that you can multitask properly.

Also you can try your luck with third party apps to increase minfree values so that android will be more agressive towards killing of background processes.This would reduce your multitasking chances.Best solution however is playing with dalvik values and making sure no unnecessary app is left in recent apps.

Damnit, they removed notification weather :/, I liked that feature.Anyone know of any good alternatives that don't require xposed?

Just to note: In kernel tweaker these values are found under "Build.prop mods" (the dalvik heap size setting) and "Virtual Machine" (minfree Kbytes).

Guest Krislv

The Rom itself is very fast and smooth, just when I switched to ART I had some serious troubles, for now let's try to help Mourta find a solution for this, maybe it's because of ArchiDroid's changes, but that's just a random guess.

What's sure is that with Dalvik everything works very fine, and switching to ART triggers some weird issues we're still fighting with.

Guest Mourta

The Rom itself is very fast and smooth, just when I switched to ART I had some serious troubles, for now let's try to help Mourta find a solution for this, maybe it's because of ArchiDroid's changes, but that's just a random guess.

What's sure is that with Dalvik everything works very fine, and switching to ART triggers some weird issues we're still fighting with.

If you want a stable ART you will have to wait until Android L is stable. It has nothing to do with AD's optimized flags or my code.

Guest tool_king

For me also was,let say,"stable" but not improvement over dalvik... I totaly agree with Mourta, wait for Android L. (L for large :D )

Or L for long time to wait for. ;)

Guest Mourta

Good for you! You're the only one!

It's rock solid for me too, always has been, i have not yet experienced any problems any user has reported.

Guest Mourta

No, he isn't. But you're free to stay with dalvik as long as you want.

I think i fixed Badoo, it felt like it was something no one should have to do without.

I sent them a copy of the fix, they'll implement it when they stop rolling in the cash we give them for easy pussy.

Guest creedence

Hi Mourta

One thing is certain: your work is great. My posts are not directed at you. Your kernel and your rom is really fantastic. I like your work.

Guest Mourta

Hi Mourta

One thing is certain: your work is great. My posts are not directed at you. Your kernel and your rom is really fantastic. I like your work.

Thanks

Don't worry about it... and thank you. :) I'm glad  you enjoy my work.

Guest Ivanhoe6

Hi Mourta,

I hope third is a charm :)

I really think that both Your kernel and LS are great, and I definitely want to stick to it (that's why I'm being this annoying).

It would be really great if You could use incallui and dialer from Official CM since it crops contact pictures perfectly. On this dialer, when my brother calls me, I can see one eye, part of the nose and some hair :)

P.S. I would very much appreciate it even if You don't want to deal with this, If You would at least then tell me to bugger off, so I know that my post are not written in invisible ink... :D

Guest creedence

@ivanhoe6

I think that the dialer is in order. Your brother has only some hair. [emoji1][emoji3][emoji2]

Edited by creedence

Hi Mourta,

I really think that both Your kernel and LS are great, and I definitely want to stick to it (that's why I'm being this annoying).

It would be really great if You could use incallui and dialer from Official CM since it crops contact pictures perfectly. On this dialer, when my brother calls me, I can see one eye, part of the nose and some hair :)

P.S. I would very much appreciate it even if You don't want to deal with this, If You would at least then tell me to bugger off, so I know that my post are not written in invisible ink... :D

Can you not pull it from cm and install it?

Guest Ivanhoe6

Can you not pull it from cm and install it?

No. Maybe the problem is in the fact that LS is odexed and CM is deodexed, but I'm too much of a noob to be sure... :)

Guest Mourta

Hi Mourta,

I'm not really sure what you're referring to, have you changed the settings so that the background doesn't cover the pic?

I could probably just use CM's dialer instead if it will compile with my upstream fixes.

LS is using the SlimRom's dialer.

Guest Ivanhoe6

I'm not really sure what you're referring to, have you changed the settings so that the background doesn't cover the pic?

I could probably just use CM's dialer instead if it will compile with my upstream fixes.

LS is using the SlimRom's dialer.

I have changed the settings, the problem is with cropping of original contact pictures. I'll attach the screenshots of original contact picture, LS dialer and CM dialer so You understand.

First one is CM dialer, and the last one is LS.

post-1045299-0-77286400-1408746506_thumb

post-1045299-0-87584000-1408746514_thumb

post-1045299-0-83025500-1408746521_thumb

Edited by Ivanhoe6

Guest Mourta

I have changed the settings, the problem is with cropping of original contact pictures. I'll attach the screenshots of original contact picture, LS dialer and CM dialer so You understand.

First one is CM dialer, and the last one is LS.

Ok, i'll exchange the code and see if that works, there are things about the Slimrom dialer that you might miss though (voice dialling for one).

Guest Ivanhoe6

Ok, i'll exchange the code and see if that works, there are things about the Slimrom dialer that you might miss though (voice dialling for one).

I'm  not sure if CM has voice dialing or not, but on the other hand it's supposed to have call recording... ;)

Guest justchris20

by the way, voice dialling already works with google now and there are already tools to convert the pictures in the right format. The problem exist also in lg stock roms and is not really a ls problem. I favor to let the ls code original. But of course your choice, thank you for the great work...

Guest Ivanhoe6

by the way, voice dialling already works with google now and there are already tools to convert the pictures in the right format. The problem exist also in lg stock roms and is not really a ls problem. I favor to let the ls code original. But of course your choice, thank you for the great work...

I sync my contacts with Facebook, so I use images that other people post. I can only crop them, not make them bigger, plus I would have to do it manually for a lot of people which is really not the point... ;)

Guest tool_king

I sync my contacts with Facebook, so I use images that other people post. I can only crop them, not make them bigger, plus I would have to do it manually for a lot of people which is really not the point... ;)

You shouldn't make your problem to Mourta's one, mate!