LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

I agree with @greece4E i cant manage to pull off more than 2:30onscreetime normal use per 12-14 hours.No underclocking no underwolting or any tweaks.Brightness on auto 2G+3G data but moustly on WiFi also i deselect notifications for every app that i install in apps menu except for whats app viber etc...Tapatalk installed but notifications disabled.

when I just deactivate it it is shown in BBS or WLD  (think this is due to the service that is still linked and draining)

freeze not

to freeze is a better solution (no need to uninstall)

with disable service (search playstore) deactivate used service

Sorry that i haven't replied, i have been busy.

Kernel version 3.4 is now sent to testing, it's stable enough for me but i want this process to go through testing proper so when it is released we can skip all of the anguish of some users not getting it to work right.

The vanilla kernel is what i consider stable, i just want it to be tested by the team in different situations to anticipate eventual problems. it is smooth but it benches hella bad because of IO performance. The next step is to start adding back the stuff i scaled from it, loads of updates from Linux standard kernel is to be added, loads of general android arm patches and some tegra patches as well as Abyssplugv2 and possibly MPDecision or Intelliplug whatever the testers find to give the best results.

MPDecision should be the best but cpuquiet has it's advantages when using a SMP governor like Abyssplugv2.

Anyway,  3.4 is now up and running.

Guest greece4E

Sorry that i haven't replied, i have been busy.

Kernel version 3.4 is now sent to testing, it's stable enough for me but i want this process to go through testing proper so when it is released we can skip all of the anguish of some users not getting it to work right.

The vanilla kernel is what i consider stable, i just want it to be tested by the team in different situations to anticipate eventual problems. it is smooth but it benches hella bad because of IO performance. The next step is to start adding back the stuff i scaled from it, loads of updates from Linux standard kernel is to be added, loads of general android arm patches and some tegra patches as well as Abyssplugv2 and possibly MPDecision or Intelliplug whatever the testers find to give the best results.

MPDecision should be the best but cpuquiet has it's advantages when using a SMP governor like Abyssplugv2.

Anyway,  3.4 is now up and running.

hey mourta takee a look to the rom  https://plus.google.com/+ProBamNet/posts  is very nice maybe you can import to ls somthink like resent panel and more . thnks for your work ..stay the best

Edited by greece4E

Guest tool_king

hey mourta make a translate and takee a look to the rom is very nice maybe you can import to ls somthink like resent panel and more . thnks for your work ..stay the best

? :unsure:?

Guest ottomanhero

because I get "force close" when do I enter kernel tweaker ? I did all the correct procedures !

Don't scroll down to bottom of the tab list.It force closes in an instant otherwise

If this is not the reason why it force closes, try removing kernel tweaker.apk from system/app and download it via google play store.

Don't scroll down to bottom of the tab list.It force closes in an instant otherwise

If this is not the reason why it force closes, try removing kernel tweaker.apk from system/app and download it via google play store.

Already tried that did not work more , it seems that this new apk Store and is buggy ;/

Hello everyone, I (finally) decided to move away from the stock-based ROM, and installed the latest version of this ROM I could find (LS-KK-v3.2-2014-09-18-p880.zip), after having wiped the device. What I can say is that battery life seems improved, and performance-wise the phone has re-born. Kudos to Mourta for such an achievement!

My only concern is now the SMS app: the stock one included in the LS ROM force closes as soon as I launch it.

I tried installing Textra SMS from the play store, and that solved the problem of sending SMSs, but I am still not able to receive them (I tried removing the stock app as well, just in case, and setting the default sms app to Textra, all to no avail).

Is anyone else facing this issue? How did you manage to address it? Thank you!!

Guest moneyvirus

Hello everyone, I (finally) decided to move away from the stock-based ROM, and installed the latest version of this ROM I could find (LS-KK-v3.2-2014-09-18-p880.zip), after having wiped the device. What I can say is that battery life seems improved, and performance-wise the phone has re-born. Kudos to Mourta for such an achievement!

My only concern is now the SMS app: the stock one included in the LS ROM force closes as soon as I launch it.

I tried installing Textra SMS from the play store, and that solved the problem of sending SMSs, but I am still not able to receive them (I tried removing the stock app as well, just in case, and setting the default sms app to Textra, all to no avail).

Maybe you could try hangouts?

Guest tool_king

Did you wipe data before flashing as well? Did you restore data from a nandroid backup after flashing the ROM? Did you restore your apps with Titanium? Without information nobody will be able to help you.

Did you wipe data before flashing as well? Did you restore data from a nandroid backup after flashing the ROM? Did you restore your apps with Titanium? Without information nobody will be able to help you.

Sorry for the lack of information: I did wipe /data, and I did not restore from a nandroid backup. The issue with the Messages app crashing appeared before I even tried to restore my apps with Titanium, but I don't know if I could receive the SMS at that time.

Now I'll try to wipe /data and /system for good measure (is it actually needed?), and to re-install everything from scratch...

Guest daniel.mota

Sorry for the lack of information: I did wipe /data, and I did not restore from a nandroid backup. The issue with the Messages app crashing appeared before I even tried to restore my apps with Titanium, but I don't know if I could receive the SMS at that time.

Now I'll try to wipe /data and /system for good measure (is it actually needed?), and to re-install everything from scratch...

Yes, to be sure you should format system and data prior to flashing.

Nobody else here has reported a problem similar to yours, so you should be able to solve it.

Guest ottomanhero

ROM is actually installed to /system and some part of it is installed to /data

You're switching from android 4.1.2 jellybean to 4.4.4 kitkat and you think you can get a stable ROM flashing a kitkat ROM over a jellybean ROM? Please google these basics before you post it like it's an actual issue.

ROM is actually installed to /system and some part of it is installed to /data

You're switching from android 4.1.2 jellybean to 4.4.4 kitkat and you think you can get a stable ROM flashing a kitkat ROM over a jellybean ROM? Please google these basics before you post it like it's an actual issue.

Dear ottomanhero, I tried to google these topics as my last experience in flashing entire ROMs was from a couple of years ago and therefore rusty. I did find this page, http://teamw.in/whattowipe where it's stated "The vast majority of ROMs wipe system as part of the zip install. This means that in most cases you do not need to wipe system... ever." and the updater-script prints: Erasing System... Mounting System... Installing System...

(actually a short peek in updater-script reveals that it's formatting in ext4 the system partition before starting to do anything else)

I don't want to sound like a smarta**, but I genuinely tried to google these aspects before asking :)

Still... after the "wipe the universe" cure, the phone can receive SMSs and the app doesn't FC :) Maybe it was due to some funny google apps package that I flashed directly after flashing the ROM (no reboot in between)? Maybe some other strange settings that the phone decided to get from my google account? I don't know, but it works!!

Thanks everyone!

Edited by GiMo84