LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

Guest ottomanhero

Mourta kernel 3.4 is not compatible with android 5.0.2 Lollipop?

I'm not sure for this version but on euphoria OS you can get just any kernel to work (you get a black screen at first but a reboot fixes it) .

Either way, I recommend that you use the kernel that comes with the ROM until a newer kernel is released as those kernels will be more bugfree (atleast in lollipop) as they were released together with the ROM.Even in euphoria, using another kernel causes weird mounting issues such as every picture in gallery having a duplicate with the same name etc.

Edited by ottomanhero

• 1 month later...

So is, trying to put Mourtos 3.4 kernel on Cyanogenmod 12 and Euphoria and phone remained on boot image and had not gone. Thanks ottomanhero.

Yeah, i wouldn't recommend it to be used on any ROM not compiled using at the very least four headers to compliment the code.

Of course, if you do that it will ONLY work with 3.4.

The truth is that the kernel doesn't really work right with anything at the moment, there are init files that need changing and i need to build a new ROM for it to work with properly.

I suppose i could just build libstagefright with the new headers and include that in the kernel update but then i should probably build a backup of your current kernel and libstagefright to restore it if you want to return because you'd need to do that before using any 3.1 kernel.

Guest SuperLamic

Yeah, i wouldn't recommend it to be used on any ROM not compiled using at the very least four headers to compliment the code.

Of course, if you do that it will ONLY work with 3.4.

The truth is that the kernel doesn't really work right with anything at the moment, there are init files that need changing and i need to build a new ROM for it to work with properly.

I suppose i could just build libstagefright with the new headers and include that in the kernel update but then i should probably build a backup of your current kernel and libstagefright to restore it if you want to return because you'd need to do that before using any 3.1 kernel.

Hi, thanks for your work, please can you tell me where are headers placed? I modded anykernel to rewrite init to yours, but it didn't boot either.. (I tried unofficial CM12). Is it even possible to rewrite it in already compiled rom?

Hi, thanks for your work, please can you tell me where are headers placed? I modded anykernel to rewrite init to yours, but it didn't boot either.. (I tried unofficial CM12). Is it even possible to rewrite it in already compiled rom?

The headers are produced as the kernel is compiled, they are then used by the build process of the ROM to build certain parts that interact with kernel level drivers, it's nothing you can just add to your anykernel setup.

The init files can be added to a boot.img at any time after compilation but my init files are not compatible with any ROM other than mine (and not really that one either, i haven't changed the init files to reflect relocations of things like smartdimmer or the RGB bridge.

I'll do that when i compile a new ROM.

Guest Mourta

Hello, the default kernel works fine?

Some sugestions for more battery life?

Regards

This was abandoned for 3.4 kernel.

A mod should probably close this thread with a redirect to the new thread. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gkeko

It seems that those on the XDA will get it and have already released a version 5.0 liquidsmooth...

So what? Is there also a 3.4 kernel included? Probably not. Cmon can't you people just wait for few more days/weeks?

greets.

Guest Mourta

It seems that those on the XDA will get it and have already released a version 5.0 liquidsmooth...

Yes, it's not hard to just compile it using old as crap code and leave it like that.

My version will feature my 3.4/3.10 hybrid kernel and once it's out of testing it will be stable.

If i didn't care i'd just release it as it was on first booting version but i care a bit more than that.