[DEV][ROM][17.11.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest mrDoctorWho

There most definitely is /dev/graphics/fb0 or something has gone terribly wrong (you wouldn't have anything displayed on the screen without frame buffer). More likely you just don't have access to it for some reason (wrong permissions/owner or access is denied by SELinux).

Which documentation are you following? Have you bind mounted/symlinked original /dev to your chroot's /dev?

Well, there is no standalone documentation I used. I used instructions from several forums and the ArchLinux Wiki. For sure, device exists:

root@kis3:/ # ls -la /dev/graphics/                                         
crw-rw---- system   graphics  29,   0 1970-03-29 05:20 fb0

I used mount --rbind. Here's the chroot script:

# remount sdcard in order to allow exec
mount -o remount,exec /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0

cd /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0
# according to the ArchLinux Wiki
busybox mount -t proc proc proc/
busybox mount --rbind /sys sys/
busybox mount --rbind /dev dev/
chroot . /bin/bash

I can't access /dev/graphics/fb0 by myself eiter in chroot or without it.

Somebody here says it's not a SELinux problem, but there is no solution still.

Edited by mrDoctorWho

Guest KonstaT

Well, there is no standalone documentation I used. I used instructions from several forums and the ArchLinux Wiki. For sure, device exists:

root@kis3:/ # ls -la /dev/graphics/                                         
crw-rw---- system   graphics  29,   0 1970-03-29 05:20 fb0

I used mount --rbind. Here's the chroot script:

# remount sdcard in order to allow exec
mount -o remount,exec /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0

cd /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0
# according to the ArchLinux Wiki
busybox mount -t proc proc proc/
busybox mount --rbind /sys sys/
busybox mount --rbind /dev dev/
chroot . /bin/bash

I can't access /dev/graphics/fb0 by myself eiter in chroot or without it.

Somebody here says it's not a SELinux problem, but there is no solution still.

Sdcard is also mounted with nodev and nosuid. Would this make a difference? I'd also disable SELinux enforcing just in case ('setenforce 0').

On older devices you could simply adb pull /dev/graphics/fb0 to a file (and do a little magic with ffmpeg) to take a screenshot. I never got this working on my newer devices but didn't bother to look into it any further either. Could be somehow related to the issue you're having.

It would probably help if there's some documentation on how to run Arc Linux (or some other distro) on modern Qualcomm devices (Nexus 5, OnePlus One, etc).

Guest mrDoctorWho

Sdcard is also mounted with nodev and nosuid. Would this make a difference? I'd also disable SELinux enforcing just in case ('setenforce 0').

On older devices you could simply adb pull /dev/graphics/fb0 to a file (and do a little magic with ffmpeg) to take a screenshot. I never got this working on my newer devices but didn't bother to look into it any further either. Could be somehow related to the issue you're having.

It would probably help if there's some documentation on how to run Arc Linux (or some other distro) on modern Qualcomm devices (Nexus 5, OnePlus One, etc).

I remounted sdcard with suid option, disabled SELinux enforcing. Still no luck.

Some guys here say it's required to avoid using fb0 by Android by "setprop ctl.stop media && setprop ctl.stop zygote", but it didn't help either.

I don't know what is the problem in installing ArchLinux on modern Qualcomm devices, but if it would help, here are the steps I followed to install ArchLinux on my ZTE Open C.

Guest Peterling123

Hi KonstaT

I know you do not like taskmanagers ... but I really would like to install one because there seem to be not all tasks listed which are running on my device regularly. And I want to stop those tasks from running.

Which taskmanager would you recommend in a worst case scenario? :)

And a second thing: On my device the little LED (orange/green) in the top left corner of my phone does not shine green after having charged my switched off mobile over night. Is that by design or can I get the green light back somehow? (I know it is not important - but I kinda liked it)

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT

I know you do not like taskmanagers ... but I really would like to install one because there seem to be not all tasks listed which are running on my device regularly. And I want to stop those tasks from running.

Which taskmanager would you recommend in a worst case scenario? :)

And a second thing: On my device the little LED (orange/green) in the top left corner of my phone does not shine green after having charged my switched off mobile over night. Is that by design or can I get the green light back somehow? (I know it is not important - but I kinda liked it)

I wouldn't recommend any task killer in any scenario. I'd prefer uninstalling crappy apps that have unnecessary services that you don't want running instead. At worst case task killers can cause a vicious circle where some app is being killed and restarted constantly or result in wakelocks if some service fails to finish its task.

CyanogenMod has a built-in privacy guard (Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard) and Android's built-in 'App Ops' is also accessible under advanced options there. Especially the latter is still a powerful tool and is to be used with caution (things can break).

Off mode charging boots into a special charger mode. It's very basic and designed for that purpose only. It doesn't have any interaction with device's LEDs (IIRC not on stock ROM either). It should be possible to write a separate small native app for controlling LEDs in charging mode though. If you want to practice your C skills, by all means, be my guest. :) I have no plan of doing that myself. And why would you need to turn off your phone to charge over night anyway?

Guest Sagami

Total computer idiot on this end. Totally messed up my phone while attempting to root, and was convinced that my phone was never going to work again. Thankfully, your work helped to salvage my phone, and also taught me much about the system in general. Just a short note to express my heartfelt thanks. Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest primanug2217

I look at the hardware kis (cyanogenmod 11) kernel her camera samsung galaxy core, and make the image quality to be less good. how prison kernel camera returns to stock rom? please help me solve this problem

Guest KonstaT

I look at the hardware kis (cyanogenmod 11) kernel her camera samsung galaxy core, and make the image quality to be less good. how prison kernel camera returns to stock rom? please help me solve this problem

Sorry, that post doesn't make any sense whatsoever. No idea what 'problem' needs to be solved...

Yes, the camera hardware is criminally bad in this device (2MP sensor interpolated to 3MP). I doubt you can put anyone into prison for that, though. :P

Guest primanug2217

Sorry, that post doesn't make any sense whatsoever. No idea what 'problem' needs to be solved...

Yes, the camera hardware is criminally bad in this device (2MP sensor interpolated to 3MP). I doubt you can put anyone into prison for that, though. :P

I mean is when I put on a stock rom my camera image looks very nice but as tired as I wear cyanogenmod 11 camera image was not good? sorry I do not insult your rom costumes

Guest KonstaT

I mean is when I put on a stock rom my camera image looks very nice but as tired as I wear cyanogenmod 11 camera image was not good? sorry I do not insult your rom costumes

I can't see how there would be any difference (and it's still terrible no matter what). Camera implementation is nothing much than prebuilt binary blobs from the stock ROM anyway.

• 1 month later...
Guest KonstaT

Hello KonstaT, are you planing to update this current built? (4.4.4) this one work great for me

What's there to update if everything is great. ;) There's a link to merged commits in the second post and as anyone can see, it's been practically nothing but translations and APNs for the past months...

Seriously speaking, I was going to release a build at some point but there's no immediate plans. There's few features I've already done for CM12/CM12.1 as well as some kernel updates. Nothing major, though. Ask again in a month if I haven't done it by then.

Guest Spigel

What's there to update if everything is great. ;) There's a link to merged commits in the second post and as anyone can see, it's been practically nothing but translations and APNs for the past months...

Seriously speaking, I was going to release a build at some point but there's no immediate plans. There's few features I've already done for CM12/CM12.1 as well as some kernel updates. Nothing major, though. Ask again in a month if I haven't done it by then.

Yes is great, but sometimes my device (ZTE Open C) get crashed randomly even when I'm not touching it. When I tried your most recent built (CM12.1) the same happen but more frequently. From all of your release, this is the most stable for me, that's why I'm asking if you done with this version.

Thanks

Edited by Spigel

Guest calc

Just wanted to thank you for your work KonstaT. A friend just gave me this phone - my first android phone. Within 12 hrs I had this Cyanogen build on it (had to work out how to unlock it first) and it is working perfectly as far as I can tell (Kis 3).

Many thanks,

calc

Guest KonstaT
New build. Hopefully this will be the final CM11 build (I know I've said it before... :P).

cm-11-20150610-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:8316826466e8f1e6f72af65c6eca1e4f

-option to change button backlight brightness
-enable call recording (available in whitelisted countries where its legal status clear)
-enable in-call volume boost option
-fix duplicate sdcard entries when importing/exporting contacts
-update sensor HAL and few other blobs from recent ZTE stock firmware
-updates from new ZTE kernel source release (i.e. Goodix GT960F touchscreen support)
-unbreak headset detection (headset with mic and call button is again registered correctly)
-disable panic to download mode in kernel (should now reboot instead of freezing)
-patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2014-2523, CVE-2014-9529, CVE-2015-3636, CVE-2015-2041, CVE-2014-9715 and CVE-2015-2922)

Guest Spigel

New build. Hopefully this will be the final CM11 build (I know I've said it before... :P).

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Spigel

• 1 month later...
Guest Killarkar

Hi my Friends,

my english isnt good but i hope you understand me.

I have an ZTE Open C and i flashed CM12.1 from you Konstat and everything is ok.

Now i want to flash CM 11, do I need an SD-Card too ?

Edited by Killarkar

Guest KonstaT

Hi my Friends,

my english isnt good but i hope you understand me.

I have an ZTE Open C and i flashed CM12.1 from you Konstat and everything is ok.

Now i want to flash CM 11, do I need an SD-Card too ?

Yes, you need to have an external sdcard to use either custom recovery (CWM, TWRP) and you also need to have a sdcard to run any custom ROM you can find on this forum.

Guest pavel ananda

cm-11-20150610-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?t9m2yvk585purxk

md5:8316826466e8f1e6f72af65c6eca1e4f

-option to change button backlight brightness

-enable call recording (available in whitelisted countries where its legal status clear)

-enable in-call volume boost option

-fix duplicate sdcard entries when importing/exporting contacts

-update sensor HAL and few other blobs from recent ZTE stock firmware

-updates from new ZTE kernel source release (i.e. Goodix GT960F touchscreen support)

-unbreak headset detection (headset with mic and call button is again registered correctly)

-disable panic to download mode in kernel (should now reboot instead of freezing)

-patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2014-2523, CVE-2014-9529, CVE-2015-3636, CVE-2015-2041, CVE-2014-9715 and CVE-2015-2922)

This not work at zte kis v811w.sim card no detect.how to fix this bugs?thanks

Guest KonstaT

This not work at zte kis v811w.sim card no detect.how to fix this bugs?thanks

Your ZTE V811W is a dual-SIM device, right? Read FAQ, third post, how to enable dual-SIM features.

Guest pavel ananda

Q: How do I enable dual-SIM features on my V811W?

A: Add 'persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds' to /system/build.prop or alternatively 'setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds' in rooted adb shell/terminal session. This can also be done by flashing the following package in recovery.

cm-11-kis3-dual-sim.zip 278.51KB 22 downloads

But thats link an error can't to download bro

Guest KonstaT

Q: How do I enable dual-SIM features on my V811W?

A: Add 'persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds' to /system/build.prop or alternatively 'setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds' in rooted adb shell/terminal session. This can also be done by flashing the following package in recovery.

cm-11-kis3-dual-sim.zip 278.51KB 22 downloads

But thats link an error can't to download bro

Hmm, MoDaCo must have broken it somehow, fixed the link. You could have just used one of the other two methods described in the FAQ.