[DEV][ROM][17.11.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest Pipotron3000

I had those system/services errors with previous one, not last one.

But on the other side, i erased all (system/data/settings) to be sure. Not update so, from scratch.

And i'm using the very last GAPPS from Xda (Google stock 2014 10 19).

No more Wifi crash too, it seems  ;)

Thanks !

SD card should be formatted as FAT so that should be fine. There's something else strange going on.

By 'upgradetool' you mean the windows flasher? In that case you have a stock recovery image that can't be used to install EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip anyway. Windows flasher installs an engineering build that uses test keys, recovery can't flash any packages that are signed with ZTE's keys (any normal firmware package from ZTE website).

I'd recommend you first make yourself familiar with the tools and commands introduced in the ClockWorkMod thread. Boot to bootloader by holding volume down while powering on your device (works with Firefox OS bootloaders only) or 'adb reboot bootloader', extract recovery.img from EU_Android+to+FFOS.zip (in same comebuy package as EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip - recovery.img from any normal Firefox OS firmware package from ZTE website should be fine too) and boot it using fastboot ('fastboot boot recovery.img').

That is the recovery you should use to install EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip. I've heard people have succeeded in flashing it with ClockWorkMod too but I still wouldn't recommend it. Always use stock recovery to install any stock firmware packages from ZTE - use custom recovery (CWM, TWRP) to install any custom ROM packages.

Hi KonstaT!

Thanks for a quick answer!!

This is what happened: The SD-card was bad formatted (win). I used the SD-Formatter from sdcard.org (recommended), and the card was recognized.

Unfortunately FF-os was upgraded.

I used your instructions.

Installed ADB fastboot ..... on one of my Linuxmachines.

Extracted the recovery.img.

Jacked the phone to my computer.

Run the commands:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot recovery.img (from FF-os)

Then I could upgrade with EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip!!!

Then I followed this thread: http://www.modaco.com/topic/373213-recovery-clockworkmod-6050-for-zte-open-c-kis-3/

When I tried to use fastboot to flash CWM recovery, I ran into problems.

This worked:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot recovery.img (your CWM recovery)

Then I could install CWM recovery (zipped) from SD-card.

Finally: When I installed CM11 from CWM (on the phone) I had troubles. Wipe data/factory reset and wipe Dalvik cache solved the problems!!

The phone is running. It runs smooth! Thank you for the help!!!! I would not be surprised if this is the next "ZTE Blade", and I would say that you are the MAN behind that.

Best regards/webbe

Guest duttyend

This is my port of CyanogenMod 11 for ZTE Open C / Kis 3 (Beeline Smart2, Moche/MEO Smart A16, ZTE V811W, etc). It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod team. It's for advanced users only.

Important. Prerequisites!!! You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do). You also need to have this ClockWorkMod or this TWRP recovery installed.

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this thread instead.

cm-11-20141012-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:1f2c5fc3af70871423278a3587c83002

Google Apps:

Working:
  • RIL (mobile network, SMS & data)
  • dual-SIM (V811W)
  • Wifi
  • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
  • FM radio
  • GPS
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • 'Project Butter'
  • SD card
  • USB-storage (on external sdcard) & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi-tethering
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • Sensors
  • LEDs
Not working:
  • ???
Sources:
  • CyanogenMod team & everyone who's been working on CM11

Dear KonstaT,

I did what you recommended (install Comebuy Android 4.4) and then your CM11. I am with 10/12 version and everything is working perfectly except the MMS.

When I want to open a video received in a MMS, I get the following error "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped". Could you please help me ?

Guest KonstaT

I was finally able to build the sources yesterday after full redownload and I can also confirm that Wi-Fi bug is gone. But the system apps are still crashing.

OK, this happened to me once now too and I crabbed a log. It was dalvik crashing in similar way it also does once every reboot optimizing qcmediaplayer.jar. I though it was a problem related to qcmediaplayer.jar itself but turns out it's because bootclass path wasn't set correctly. This should be fixed if/when there's another build.

Dear KonstaT,

I did what you recommended (install Comebuy Android 4.4) and then your CM11. I am with 10/12 version and everything is working perfectly except the MMS.

When I want to open a video received in a MMS, I get the following error "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped". Could you please help me ?

Logcat? Have you tried saving the attached video first and then opening it in some app?

Guest duttyend

OK, this happened to me once now too and I crabbed a log. It was dalvik crashing in similar way it also does once every reboot optimizing qcmediaplayer.jar. I though it was a problem related to qcmediaplayer.jar itself but turns out it's because bootclass path wasn't set correctly. This should be fixed if/when there's another build.

Logcat? Have you tried saving the attached video first and then opening it in some app?

Thank you for your answer !

Please find enclosed the logcat, generated just after the MMS picture opening error.

As you suggested, saving the attachments (3 pictures in my case) worked, and I was able to view the pictures afterwards.

In the MMS menu, selecting "View slideshow" leads to the same error/crash as clicking directly on the attachment.

logcat.zip

Guest KonstaT

Thank you for your answer !

Please find enclosed the logcat, generated just after the MMS picture opening error.

As you suggested, saving the attachments (3 pictures in my case) worked, and I was able to view the pictures afterwards.

In the MMS menu, selecting "View slideshow" leads to the same error/crash as clicking directly on the attachment.

Thanks, this seems to be a CyanogenMod issue. Just some unfinished features merged again...

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/66656/

Guest TractorX

I'm building from source :) Is this on github already?

Guest duttyend

Thanks, this seems to be a CyanogenMod issue. Just some unfinished features merged again...

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/66656/

Thank you KonstaT ! Then hopefully it will be solved inside your next update.

By the way, how do you choose the date of your updates, is it related to code merging by CM or something ? wouldn't it be simpler if you took the M builds (monthly) ?

Guest KonstaT

I'm building from source :) Is this on github already?

No, I haven't pushed anything to github in a while. I'm currently thinking what's the best approach to re-do the kernel (cherry-pick, merge, rebase on top of a newer tag, or do nothing :P). I currently have few hundred local changes and some of the device changes also depend on the kernel changes.

Thank you KonstaT ! Then hopefully it will be solved inside your next update.

By the way, how do you choose the date of your updates, is it related to code merging by CM or something ? wouldn't it be simpler if you took the M builds (monthly) ?

Don't get your hopes up, it's already been broken for couple of months. ;)

I post updates whenever I feel like it. :P My builds are basically equivalent to a nightly build of a same date. Official M-builds are branched/tagged releases that are usually a week (or sometimes even close to two) behind a nightly of a same date. I don't see much point in replicating M-builds for this reason (and you still couldn't report issues to CM bugtracker this being an unofficial build).

I was thinking I might submit this and see if I can get this device officially supported. It's a sh*tty and unpopular device but what comes to hardware, there's no reason why this device couldn't be officially supported (unlike my previous devices I've maintained). We'll see if get around doing that before things heat up with Lollipop again...

Guest duttyend

No, I haven't pushed anything to github in a while. I'm currently thinking what's the best approach to re-do the kernel (cherry-pick, merge, rebase on top of a newer tag, or do nothing :P). I currently have few hundred local changes and some of the device changes also depend on the kernel changes.

Don't get your hopes up, it's already been broken for couple of months. ;)

I post updates whenever I feel like it. :P My builds are basically equivalent to a nightly build of a same date. Official M-builds are branched/tagged releases that are usually a week (or sometimes even close to two) behind a nightly of a same date. I don't see much point in replicating M-builds for this reason (and you still couldn't report issues to CM bugtracker this being an unofficial build).

I was thinking I might submit this and see if I can get this device officially supported. It's a sh*tty and unpopular device but what comes to hardware, there's no reason why this device couldn't be officially supported (unlike my previous devices I've maintained). We'll see if get around doing that before things heat up with Lollipop again...

Oh, bad luck, well as long as your workaround (saving attachments) works, it's fine.

All right, I understand. For its price, it's a very satisfactory smartphone (as fast, if not faster, than my Galaxy S3 on daily routine tasks).

Yeah, that would be great to get our device officially supported !

Guest hecatae

Ebay US and UK no longer sell the Open C, it's still available in Russia and EU though.

It would be nice to see this device have official support

Guest TractorX

Oh, that's too bad. I hope you can come up with something on this :)

Guest masaliaja

This is my port of CyanogenMod 11 for ZTE Open C / Kis 3 (Beeline Smart2, Moche/MEO Smart A16, ZTE V811W, etc). It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod team. It's for advanced users only.

Important. Prerequisites!!! You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do). You also need to have this ClockWorkMod or this TWRP recovery installed.

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this thread instead.

cm-11-20141012-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:1f2c5fc3af70871423278a3587c83002

Google Apps:

Working:
  • RIL (mobile network, SMS & data) - dual-SIM (V811W)
  • Wifi
  • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
  • FM radio
  • GPS
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • SD card
  • USB-storage (on external sdcard) & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi-tethering
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • Sensors
  • LEDs
Not working:
  • ???
Sources:
  • CyanogenMod team & everyone who's been working on CM11

dual Simcard not detect  :(

help me ??

Guest KonstaT

dual Simcard not detect  :(

help me ??

You need to add 'persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds' to your /system/build.prop to enable dual-SIM features. This will be automatically enabled (on devices with ro.boot.hwversion=wmfA.6) if/when there's another build.

Guest masaliaja

You need to add 'persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds' to your /system/build.prop to enable dual-SIM features. This will be automatically enabled (on devices with ro.boot.hwversion=wmfA.6) if/when there's another build.

siip ,tanks

dual simcard detect ;)

but did not detect internal memory and system android instal di memori eksternal :huh:

help me  ? :)

Guest KonstaT

but did not detect internal memory and system android instal di memori eksternal :huh:

help me  ? :)

FAQ, third post.

Does not support internal sdcard for valid reasons.

Guest KonstaT

how to do to support the internal sdcard ? :)

There's instructions how to build CyanogenMod for this device in the third post. Android storage documentation can be found here. Read, adapt, build - that's how you do it. :P

Guest KonstaT
New build. New kernel with plenty of updates from CAF.

cm-11-20141029-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:5feadb777464945e1e7af854d408272b

-new kernel (clean up a lot of ZTE crap and add a ton of updates from CAF)
-fix bootclass path (possibly caused libdvm to crash occasionally)
-automatically enable dual-SIM features on V811W (ro.boot.hwversion=wmfA.6)
-encrypting device works (quite sure it didn't before)
-enable defferable timer for KSM
-Kis3Info: add ambient light/proximity sensor info

Guest Filip9610

I installed the latest update and the gapps mini modular package but aosp keyboard crashes at the phone setup and a screen pops up that there was na error installing google+ and when i close it it just pops up again.... any idea whats wrong ?

Guest KonstaT

I installed the latest update and the gapps mini modular package but aosp keyboard crashes at the phone setup and a screen pops up that there was na error installing google+ and when i close it it just pops up again.... any idea whats wrong ?

Likely because you didn't follow installation instructions on the third post (including formatting /system partition). There's a backup/restore script in gapps that runs during installation. If you switch between different Google apps packages, you also need to format /system partition in between.

There's no need to wipe/format anything updating from previous builds. Even installing gapps package again is unnecessary because of the script stated above.

Guest Filip9610

Likely because you didn't follow installation instructions on the third post (including formatting /system partition). There's a backup/restore script in gapps that runs during installation. If you switch between different Google apps packages, you also need to format /system partition in between.

There's no need to wipe/format anything updating from previous builds. Even installing gapps package again is unnecessary because of the script stated above.

Tried it and it worked thanks. By the way its a great build it even fixed the crashes of system apps :D

Guest TractorX

New build. New kernel with plenty of updates from CAF.

cm-11-20141029-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:5feadb777464945e1e7af854d408272b

-new kernel (clean up a lot of ZTE crap and add a ton of updates from CAF)
-fix bootclass path (possibly caused libdvm to crash occasionally)
-automatically enable dual-SIM features on V811W (ro.boot.hwversion=wmfA.6)
-encrypting device works (quite sure it didn't before)
-enable defferable timer for KSM
-Kis3Info: add ambient light/proximity sensor info

Are those changes on github?

Guest KonstaT

Are those changes on github?

Yes, it's all open source as always.

Why don't you just check the logs from github? I've pushed a ton of stuff today...

Guest TractorX

Yes, it's all open source as always.

Why don't you just check the logs from github? I've pushed a ton of stuff today...

I checked yesterday, I think, and all of the changes where on LNX.LA branch so I thought you were packing binary distro this time without pushing stuff to git. I will check the github first from now on before asking stupid questions :)

Edited by TractorX