Huawei Y330 needs attention

Guest Skulltastrophe

Guest Skulltastrophe

Huawei Y330 was released in 2014 March, a budget phone, and a damn nice one, I was surprised that it was in my local store.

as a really pleased user of Huawei Y300 U8833. I decided to buy the Y330.

Now I know it hasn't been out for too long, but when Y300 was in Y330s age it currently is, it already had roms ported and many tutorial videos. now I don't really care about people calling me a newbie for watching those tutorials, but I'm honest here, I mostly watch them for the download links for like rooting software etc, still most people I meet, I am more advanced in the knowledge of using android than most.

By watching a tutorial video, I did root my Y330, now it wasnt in english or native so I didn't even watch the video tho.

I don't think there is currently any custom roms for the Y330. at least no publicly ported, maybe on a 'site at the end of the internet.' which I can't find.

Now when it comes to coding and linux stuff, I'm no pro, I can do Linux, but coding is a different term for me. So I can't port or even see if some rom actually works on this phone tho it is not made for it. Please if someone can test (cause I'm a badword pussy and afraid of bricking, like I soft bricked my Y300 in the first week I got it) if some phones, like G330s roms or something, works on this, please let me know and nobody would need to be bothered on this anymore basically.

And I am here, HUMBLY asking for someone to port a rom for Y330, like for practice, I can test it. or I probably can, I don't have CWM and I haven't got bootloader unlocked. I'm asking for those too, a lot to ask I know, but it will please the entire Y330 community out there.

I loved C-RoM on my Y300 tho <3

Edited by Skulltastrophe

It's a mediatek device (Y300 was qualcomm)...so the chances are almost NIL :O

You will never ever get support from kernel dev or can't port ROM !

Also huawei won't provide any source code also :(

Guest Skulltastrophe

It's a mediatek device (Y300 was qualcomm)...so the chances are almost NIL :o

You will never ever get support from kernel dev or can't port ROM !

Also huawei won't provide any source code also :(

Well the how about Huawei Y511 and Huawei Y320, those have same GPU and Processor, and most of their roms seem to work together?

Guest mega-samu

First we would have to manage to unblock the bootloader and later the CWM. After having both things already the alone roms would come. :mellow:

Sorry my english.

Edited by mega-samu

• 1 month later...

I have both y300 and y330.

Y330 is a much faster device, but let down by a very poor camera.

I have slimkat and cwm on my y300 but y330 will not see custom ROMs or recovery due to having a mediatek processor. No one is interested in porting KitKat to mediatek for huawei or any other devices, lots of Chinese phones have mediatek processors.

So y330 won't see much development.

I have nova launcher and run an andriod 5 lollipop theme and this looks great on my y330.

Guest Skulltastrophe

so I have not even been able to completely root my Y330, this should be easy to fix, but my windows just isn't for it (.dll issues) and well, I could install ubuntu dual boot, but I don't have the disk space currently.

Now if some angel here :3 could just modify the default.prop file in the boot.img (I think I can provide you with one and I can flash it myself, well, ofcourse) I just can't unpack/repack that file, I have cygwin and s*** but I just cant do it, even my roommate lately removed linux from his PC. I just want the adbd and secure s*** changed on default.prop so its completely rooted (I think) cause I got it now like half-rooted or part-rooted w/e you want to call it. So I can't even perma modify build.prop. and well, it sucks... I have a proper boot.img, I did unpack it once, but it didn't unpack the rmdisk, so I'm not even completely sure if its proper, but I did use it to reflash the whole firmware on my Y330. as I unpacked it it came with kernel and kernel_header and other files, and the rmdisk folder which SHOULD have the files like build.prop and default.prop but the folder is empty, also got a ram_disk file and ram_disk.gz if someone can help me even with this part (W7x86) I could propably do it myself, I have tried various things, like flashing the build.prop file to boot.img on the phone by fastboot but it says access denied and s***.

Guest Skulltastrophe

I currently have linux on my mini PC, I've extracted the boot.img, modified default.prop everything good, now repacking it, that doesn't work - I'm repacking it on Andorid Kitchen and its saying "Error: kernel offset (page size) is 0" and I'm getting no further, I'm trying more things atm.

Guest Skulltastrophe

UPDATE: The boot.img I had all along was not actually even valid enough for android kitchens repacking (and other repack programs/scripts) since it was from the firmware upgrade files (update.app/usb upgrade files), now how the hell can I pull my boot.img from my phone with "ro.secure=1" ???