User reported problems for Liquid and Mourta kernel goes here.

Guest Mourta

Guest phynix5800

Guys, its probably best if you forget the issues I brought up as my device seems to be a broken mess as of now.

I rebooted my phone just yet and there were a number of quite serious defects happening: the vibration I have turned on when hitting a softbutton stopped to work, the backlight of those buttons stayed dark and the home button stopped to work at all and I wasn't able to turn the screen off anymore (although the reboot menu managed to show up).

Once I rebooted, the phone hang at the LG logo. On a third reboot the issues were still there.

I will just get rid of this device and look for something new. Thanks once again for sharing your work and your support Mourta and take care!

Guest SuperLamic

Guys, its probably best if you forget the issues I brought up as my device seems to be a broken mess as of now.

I rebooted my phone just yet and there were a number of quite serious defects happening: the vibration I have turned on when hitting a softbutton stopped to work, the backlight of those buttons stayed dark and the home button stopped to work at all and I wasn't able to turn the screen off anymore (although the reboot menu managed to show up).

Once I rebooted, the phone hang at the LG logo. On a third reboot the issues were still there.

I will just get rid of this device and look for something new. Thanks once again for sharing your work and your support Mourta and take care!

Actually now I use omni till Mourta release Lollipop rom as the kitkat is not stable enough for me and other roms lags like hell on my phone - you can try it on your own, it's probably the best choice.

https://dl.omnirom.org/p880/

I'm using latest official version of TWRP (I believe 2.8.5.0 maybe?).

I believe I tried all of Mourtas kernels and the issue with the charging animation not working was present with the last kernel as well, but Mourta confirmed that he simply forgot to include the animation.

The problem that I can charge the battery only to 93% was also present at least in the kernel before the latest one.

I confirm this bug, but I didn't give so much importance. Now we are two that has this lol.

I am also using last LS with last kernel and TWRP 2.8.5.0. Can it be a bug with TWRP?

Guest Decay3

I confirm this bug, but I didn't give so much importance. Now we are two that has this lol.

I am also using last LS with last kernel and TWRP 2.8.5.0. Can it be a bug with TWRP?

I'm absolutely sure I got the latest version of both LS and kernel and I re-downloaded the kernel and compared the MD5 with the previous download - they were the same, so there was no need to flash the kernel again.

I now tried with a different charger and a different battery (an extended one from Onite) and the results are as follows:

1 time stuck at LG logo, 3 times "boot into black screen" (yeah, again ) and 2 times boot of LS.

The phone was turned off on all of the tests and I simply attached the charger.

I don't know what's going on man, if your telling I'm the only one with this issue I'm believing you, maybe the hardware is defective.

I also have the same problem. When the phone is turned off, and I connect the charger, it keeps on the LG logo (but it is charging).

Using latest LS KK and both latest 2014 3.4 kernel and 12-03-2015 one.

EDIT: also using TWRP, some older multirom version from Adam77Root.

But please, don't let this pospone lollipop release :D

@phynix5800: 100% sure it's not a software problem? :P You could try will wipe and flashing a rom.

Edited by Decay3

Guest SuperLamic

Hi,

finally my build succeed, but I have a small problem with it - after cleaning cache & dalvik cache my phone reports almost no space on disk, but I have more than 2 GB free on internal storage and more than 10 GB on my sdcard. It happend on Euphoria OS too, when I installed your kernel..

Device repo: https://bitbucket.org/mannik/android_device_lge_p880

Update: I've rebooted the device and optimizing apps now took usual time to complete (when it doesn't work, it takes only up to 10 sec) and it again works, I don't understand what happends .. :(

Anyway it works bit better than kitkat -> all apps now works and no dead boots (black screen after lg logo)

Guest nukman

Hi,

finally my build succeed, but I have a small problem with it - after cleaning cache & dalvik cache my phone reports almost no space on disk, but I have more than 2 GB free on internal storage and more than 10 GB on my sdcard. It happend on Euphoria OS too, when I installed your kernel..

Device repo: https://bitbucket.org/mannik/android_device_lge_p880

Update: I've rebooted the device and optimizing apps now took usual time to complete (when it doesn't work, it takes only up to 10 sec) and it again works, I don't understand what happends .. :(

Anyway it works bit better than kitkat -> all apps now works and no dead boots (black screen after lg logo)

Do you need a tester?

Guest Mourta

Hi,

Device repo: https://bitbucket.org/mannik/android_device_lge_p880

You need a new fstab and init.x3.rd for starters.

Guest Mourta

Hi,

Device repo: https://bitbucket.org/mannik/android_device_lge_p880

Also, this isn't a user reported problem with my kernel, it's a development thread of it's own so either create a dev thread for it or PM me, don't write about it here, it has nothing to do with my kernel.

Thank you.

Guest Ankram

Hey Mourta, I can't play any song on my phone no matter what music player I use.

Music Players Apps: Google Music, Apollo, PowerAmp Trial
Kernel: Mourta-Kernel-3.4  2015-03-12
ROM: LS-KK-v3.2-2014-10-14-p880
Extra: 

Ottoman's scripts V2.2  http://forum.xda-developers.com/optimus-4x-hd/development/tweaks-personal-collection-scripts-t2937573

Build.prop tweaks  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57721846&postcount=9

logcat_and_device_info.zip

Guest Mourta

Hey Mourta, I can't play any song on my phone no matter what music player I use.

Music Players Apps: Google Music, Apollo, PowerAmp Trial

Kernel: Mourta-Kernel-3.4  2015-03-12

ROM: LS-KK-v3.2-2014-10-14-p880

Extra: 

Ottoman's scripts V2.2  http://forum.xda-developers.com/optimus-4x-hd/development/tweaks-personal-collection-scripts-t2937573

Build.prop tweaks  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57721846&postcount=9

1. If i thought you need anything other than what i release i would put the changes in there, the system writes the build.prop during the build with my changes, adding to it or removing from it means i don't care about your problems.

2. This is a known problem, optimize too much and you break the system.

It's resolved in lollipop, at this point in time lollipop is in testing.

Guest MarkoMbre

Hi, i like your rom and kernel a lot but the pictures in google play store are a real mess... This is not only in gapps, it also happens when using web browser and going to google play store site...
I think it is because of format that google uses "webp"... If u could fix that i would be so happy :D

Guest NothingSerious

Hi, i like your rom and kernel a lot but the pictures in google play store are a real mess... This is not only in gapps, it also happens when using web browser and going to google play store site...

I think it is because of format that google uses "webp"... If u could fix that i would be so happy :D

Already fixed. Wait for the lollipop release.

Guest Mourta

Any news for lollipop release ?

Fully working, last kinks were ironed out a few days ago, i'm waiting for the latest version of system/kernel to be considered stable before release.

Already in the process of optimizing the living hell out of 5.1 using full hardfp compilation with UBER toolchain, upped the version to 5.0 and while this used to break audio and video player compatibility with MX player and other players (except VLC who incorporated a patch from me) i'm hoping that it will be fixed by now.

If not, i'll rework it.

But as i said, last version is free from bug reports for now. So when Giuseppe says it's stable, i'll release it.

Fully working, last kinks were ironed out a few days ago, i'm waiting for the latest version of system/kernel to be considered stable before release.

Already in the process of optimizing the living hell out of 5.1 using full hardfp compilation with UBER toolchain, upped the version to 5.0 and while this used to break audio and video player compatibility with MX player and other players (except VLC who incorporated a patch from me) i'm hoping that it will be fixed by now.

If not, i'll rework it.

But as i said, last version is free from bug reports for now. So when Giuseppe says it's stable, i'll release it.

Thank you for answer and for your hardwork.

Since the last few Play Services updates, there is a problem with "no Deep Sleep" because of "SystemUpdateService". SystemUpdateService is disabled in nearly every Custom Rom and if disabled, Phone doesn´t go into DeepSleep (for me and many others, you can Google this issue, even it´s disabled it´s causing a permanent wakelock). If I enable "SystemUpdateService" once after booting (with App "Disable Service"), all is ok again, but after Reboot, Service is disabled again and Phone won´t go into DeepSleep as it was before.

Is there a workaround possible, any change possible for enabling SystemUpdateService while/after boot automatically?

Using LS-KK-v3.2-2014-09-18 and Kernel 3.4.105 from Mar 12 2015...

Guest juantech

If not, i'll rework it.

Thanks for this great info Mourta, i was waiting since december for this version of your rom, im very happy of hear it :) i will prove your great work when the time comes.

Thanks for this great info Mourta, i was waiting since december for this version of your rom, 

Same here and now I'am waiting news from Mr. Giuseppe :)

Edited by asgz

Guest Mayazcherquoi

Little bugs thus far.

Only problem is that the Music player crashes upon opening, but that's no biggie as I just downloaded one (Shuttle) from the Play Store and that works fine.

Another little thing, is that when selecting Colour Calibration (Settings -> Display), the Settings app crashes.

Apart from that, it's quite solid. Nice work.

Guest Mourta

Little bugs thus far.

Only problem is that the Music player crashes upon opening, but that's no biggie as I just downloaded one (Shuttle) from the Play Store and that works fine.

Another little thing, is that when selecting Colour Calibration (Settings -> Display), the Settings app crashes.

Apart from that, it's quite solid. Nice work.

Yeah the colour calibration doesn't work right quite yet but since we're using CMU it's not something that should even be an option.

I don't have the problem with the Music Player, i assume you're talking about the built in music player?

Could you get a log for me on that?

Guest Mayazcherquoi

i assume you're talking about the built in music player?

I am.

Could you get a log for me on that?

Sure thing. The relevant logs are attached. The Music app crash log is towards the bottom of main.txt.

main.txt

events.txt

Guest Brucki

Hi mourta!

Thank for sharing your work :)

I'm running your latest LS-LP-v4.0-2015-03-27-liquid_p880.zip and I'm getting random soft reboots, esspecially after restarting the device.
Clean Install and I'm using this Gapps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/gapps-google-apps-minimal-edition-t2943330

I've tried to catch some logcats, sometimes there are 2-3 soft reboots after device works normal.

Another thing is, that I only get HSPA Connection, not HSPA+ (please ask if u need further information)

SoftReboots_2015-04-13-12-22-10.txt

2015-04-13-15-09-32.txt

Edited by Brucki